Home Politics & Debate
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Options

islamic Sharia Law In England (GB)

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
http://www.timesonline.co.uk/article/0,,2087-1415741,00.html

So I gather from reading this that the time is 'almost' ripe for having more than one wife in the old pirate kingdom...and no more usury interest at the bank?

Interesting article btw, and just where does the Times stand with folks here?

O'h...as a thought, I've been maried seven times...but never all at once...now that would have been interesting, a nightmare but interesting anyway.

:cool:

Comments

• Options
    Should help to halt the current decline in marriage in the UK.
  • Options
    Does that mean I can have 10 husbands? that means I can flip from man to man, have a live in house husband, a masseur, one with a big willy, one who likes it rough & another who's gentle... One with a good job... a penniless yet loveable rogue.....
  • Options
    Polyandry would be kuel...unfortunately it's only approved socially in a few really isolated places...like the Himalias, parts of Mongolia, maybe a few other equally baren spots.

:eek:
  • Options
    Originally posted by Diesel
    Polyandry would be kuel...unfortunately it's only approved socially in a few really isolated places...like the Himalias, parts of Mongolia, maybe a few other equally baren spots.

moonrats laughing then ...she lives in wales!
  • Options
    Originally posted by lukesh
    So you are now allowed to have more than 1 husband/wife now?

Absolutley pathetic. This isn't part of our culture. This is Islamic culture not British culture.

This has just given the BNP a good reason to suggest that islam is taking over Britian.

I am totally against this legislation!

1 and 1 only - don't be bloody greedy!!!

Would you be so good as to explain what is or is not British culture lukesh? It's not a legislative change either, merely a changing of the Inland Revenue's rules. To be honest my personal thinking on this matter is that people should be able to label whoever they want as their next of kin; male, female, sexual partner or not; hell even their sister, brother or friend if that's what they want.
  • Options
    Originally posted by J

Personaly I don't agree that an alteration should be made to the law.
    ...they is changing a few rules at the tax office.
  • Options
    I absolutely oppose this. The Inland Revenue’s rules should not be changed to suit particular religious groups. If the Inland Revenue do make these changes for Muslims it sets a precedent that would be impossible to follow. It would be simply absurd for our legal system to have to absorb the codes and customs for every religion that demands it.

If Muslims live in Britain they have to accept that they live under British law. ‘Muslim leaders campaigning to incorporate sharia into British domestic law’ should either move to one of the many countries where sharia law is incorporated into domestic law (worth noting that not one of them is a democracy) or they should accept British law like most if not all other minority religions have in the UK.

British Jews have never as far as I know demanded the incorporation of Jewish law into British law. Nor have Sikhs. Or Hindus. I see no reason to treat Muslims differently.

Government stuff should be kept secular where possible anyway in my opinion.
  • Options
    Lukesh- Islamic culture is part of British culture, usually to our benefit. The BNP always gain from moves to better accomodate the views and lifestyles of minority groups, that doesn't mean that we shouldn't try to accomodate minority groups.

Moonrat- Enjoy!

Disillusioned- the laws have been bended to suit Jews, Muslims and Sikhs in the past (kosher and halal slaughter, turbans rather helmets for motorcyclists, certainly more examles). Surely the point is that minorities might more appropriately have to accept the views of the majority, rather than the other way round?
  • Options
    Highlighting Lukes typical ignorance on worldly matters (obviously gleaned from mere heresay and no real research into any matter under discussion) multiple wives is not a sweeping practice in "Islamic culture" nor is it confined to Islam.

Within Islamic culture, youll find that the bulk of adherents follow monogomous practices, with exceptions solely amongst the ruling elite (which in any culture bend any and all rules and traditions to serve their own desires).

Beyond this, polygamy is practiced much more widely in non-muslim tribal cultures and can be found to predate the birth of Islam. American Indians frequently practiced polygamy as have tribal groupings across the globe.

Let us recall that the Mormons themselves (fully of white Anglo-Saxon heritage) practiced polygamy (and some offshoots continue to do so to the present day).

Just as with the typical slanted and selective focus of mainstream claims about female circumcision being an "Islamic practice" (which in reality it is not save for a few exceptional cases), this is just another issue intended to further prejudice the largely misinformed public toward the media's new whipping boys.
  • Options
    Originally posted by Clandestine
    Highlighting Lukes typical ignorance on worldly matters (obviously gleaned from mere heresay and no real research into any matter under discussion) multiple wives is not a sweeping practice in "Islamic culture" nor is it confined to Islam.

Within Islamic culture, youll find that the bulk of adherents follow monogomous practices, with exceptions solely amongst the ruling elite (which in any culture bend any and all rules and traditions to serve their own desires).

Beyond this, polygamy is practiced much more widely in non-muslim tribal cultures and can be found to predate the birth of Islam. American Indians frequently practiced polygamy as have tribal grouping across the globe.

Let us recall that the Mormons themselves (fully of white Anglo-Saxon heritage) practiced polygamy (and some offshoots continue to do so to the present day).

Just as with the typical slanted and selective focus of mainstream claims about female circumcision being an "Islamic practice" (which in reality it is not save for a few exceptional cases), this is just another issue intended to further prejudice the largely misinformed public toward the media's new whipping boys.

Perfect! Isn't C articulate!
    Diesel I think you do swallow the mainstream media's bogus claims about a global islamic threat.
  • Options

Beyond this, polygamy is practiced much more widely in non-muslim tribal cultures and can be found to predate the birth of Islam. American Indians frequently practiced polygamy as have tribal groupings across the globe.

what have you got to say about that luke

look, there's a tumbleweed floating past.
  • Options
    I could go further and remind those who claim to adhere to the more religious traditions that one can find polygamy even within the Hebraic heritage. Did not King Solomon have 700 wives and 300 concubines?
  • Options
    I could go further and remind those who claim to adhere to the more religious traditions that one can find polygamy even within the Hebraic heritage. Did not King Solomon have 700 wives and 300 concubines?

Judaism as a religion allows polygamy. It's as a culture that it is prohibited.
  • Options
    Originally posted by Jacqueline the Ripper
    Judaism as a religion allows polygamy. It's as a culture that it is prohibited.

yup

this is in my opinion a bad moe since you cant make exception for one group and another, thats why long term gay couples deserve same rights as married couples

if im not allowed to marry more than one wife, hy should someone else be entitled to those benefits
  • Options
    Originally posted by wheresmyplacebo
    yup

this is in my opinion a bad moe since you cant make exception for one group and another, thats why long term gay couples deserve same rights as married couples

if im not allowed to marry more than one wife, hy should someone else be entitled to those benefits
    WHAT!?!?
  • Options
    WHAT!?!?

i think he said "yup" in relation to what you said, then said that why should muslims be allowed to get benefits because of their culture whereas non-muslims shouldn't, i think thats what he meant
  • Options
    WHAT!?!?

oh i changed topic, sorry, i was on about the article after the 1st line

shouldnt have one law for one group and one for another, i cant have another wife, so why should a guy whose got multiple brides be allowed to have tax breaks
  • Options
    Originally posted by morrocan roll
    moonrats laughing then ...she lives in wales!

:lol:
    Absolutley pathetic. This isn't part of our culture. This is Islamic culture not British culture.

What is British culture? Christianity has only been around for a short time compared to the practices of the native Britons... Most of the food we eat isn't British in origin (unless you eat a Sunday roast every day, to which I'd say you're a very lucky man), most of the music we listen to ain't British and besides... aren't the government and the Church supposed to be seperate?
    1 and 1 only - don't be bloody greedy!!!

Why is that greedy? If you can love a member of the same sex, why can't you love two people? Why isn't polyamoury legit?

It's not greedy loving who you love is it?
  • Options
    so it's time for the rastas ...and me ...being bald aint a problem i can always get some dreds tattooed on ...to push for the smoking of ganja on religous grounds.
  • Options
    Originally posted by morrocan roll
    so it's time for the rastas ...and me ...being bald aint a problem i can always get some dreds tattooed on ...to push for the smoking of ganja on religous grounds.

You can get mops with screw on heads... so take the head off a mop & wear it.
  • Options
    http://www.weeklystandard.com/Content/Public/Articles/000/000/005/059darxx.asp?pg=1

Folks in Holland appear to be having some second thoughts about diversity, particularly islamic diversity.

Things just aren't looking good on the diversity front these days...but ~

• Options
    The way I read that article it's about making sure a woman who is married to a man who has upto 3 other wives is taxed more fairly ... Seems more like an improvement in women's rights!
  • Options
    aving two wives to me is part of an islamic culture.
    This isn't part of the british culture.

I don't care what you freaks dig up from the past aout in the year 600 when King balh blah had 2 wives.

Some of you degrading little british them selves) ask what is british culture...

British culture is all around us... what do you see... this is british culture! But our culture is being constantly changed.

Why does someone want a million wifes? Why? Its true you can love more than one, say the fucking obbbbbbbbbbbvious but marriage should only be to one person, one only!!!

anyway i opose this law, what next/ chnage our calender into an islamic one... never!! Never will happen!! Not while I am here anyway!!

So what exactly *is* 'British culture'? If you can't define it then how do you defend it? You are right that 'our culture is being constantly changed' of course; culture is a constantly shifting thing. Why should 'marriage' only be between two people anyway? What if three people live together in a loving relationship? By all accounts this is a change in the taxation system so don't blow it up into 'chnage our calendar into an islamic one' (sic).
  • Options
    Originally posted by Diesel
    http://www.weeklystandard.com/Content/Public/Articles/000/000/005/059darxx.asp?pg=1

Folks in Holland appear to be having some second thoughts about diversity, particularly islamic diversity.
    Folks in Holland are (mostly) weeners...
  • Options
    "mostly weeners" - and you call lukesh racist?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?

If Muslims do not like the existing laws here - simple answer!
  • Options
    Originally posted by DiamondGeezer
    The way I read that article it's about making sure a woman who is married to a man who has upto 3 other wives is taxed more fairly ... Seems more like an improvement in women's rights!
    Sharia law an improvement in womens rights...OK, but you best read the rest before you go too far with that one.

As for more than one wife...we, the 'enlightened' ones, in the Oxident tend to practice polygamy...but it's serial poligamy. One wife at a time. I can't imagine living in thehateful mess that having four at home would be...I do love the ladies but four at once is just more work than the whole 'relationship' issue is worth.

:cool:
  • Options
    Originally posted by *DEVIL*

If Muslims do not like the existing laws here - simple answer!

I presume your "simple answer" is that they should deal with it the same as any resident who doesn't like existing laws.......

Right?
  • Options
    Or attack from within and change them to your likeing by cowering the 'natives' when they get in the way.

http://homepage.mac.com/cfj/MPAC-Dossier-Dec2004.pdf

This little phamplet is being circulate here in an effort to display 'reasonableness' and such...too many "modalities" as the Nigerians say.

• Options
    people what came over you youre all off topic?

this law is absurd cause its one law for some and one law for others

im not allowed to have more than one wife, so why should someone else be allowed to have the same tax breaks for multiple wives

simple fact is that its unequal and doesnt represent the people of this land

they should stop tryin to appease religious groups with gestures that are an insult to our legal system and principles that this country was founded upon much liek they should stop trying to appease the rabid right wing press that would favour chips in our necks that explode when we commit a crime
  • Options
    Exactly! I'll finish the rest... go to a place where they do like them!

Spoken like a true blue fascist......

Democracy means that people can campaign against laws they don't like.

But that would be a bit sophisticated for the man who has the flags of the 3 bastions of freedom and democracy as his avatar...

:rolleyes: