Home Politics & Debate
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨
Options

islamic Sharia Law In England (GB)

Comments

• Options
    Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    what happens when a guy turns up here who already has three happy wives?
  • Options
    Democracies suck...give me a Republic any day. A Constitutional Republic at that.

Really folks, this is becoming quite racist...they want more than one wife at the same time...I say they deserve the bloody tax break. A few other breaks might be in order as well but we're talking about alla's chosen ones here, not some tadpole in the swamp.

Imagine what they could do with sattelite television in the great caliph...their hooded wives would gang up on the poor devils and kill them while watching "Gilligans Island" or some such thing.

:crazyeyes
  • Options
    Originally posted by lukesh
    throwing the racistcard again u totaly weirdo... thats all u wanan do rest of ya life u saddo!!!
    ]

Oh so you didn't say that muslims could fuck off if they don't like British laws?

I could have sworn you did Lukesh.

Should all the millions of people who don't like ID cards fuck o0ff as well then Lukesh?

Well?
  • Options
    throwing the racistcard again u totaly weirdo... thats all u wanan do rest of ya life u saddo!!!
    ]

why shouldn't we accept this then

and luke, in your opinion, is there a difference between british culture and white culture and what is it.
  • Options
    hardcore evidense here u are the real racist u wanker.

:lol: read it again, i'm not slagging you here but does your dyslexia make it really very hard for you to read and understand posts.
  • Options
    hardcore evidense here u are the real racist u wanker.

Answer the question. Did you, or did you not say that muslims who don't like British laws should just fuck off?

Yes or no will do.....
  • Options
    glasd we have the A* english student here. thnaks

yes i am actually.
  • Options

I don't care what you freaks dig up from the past aout in the year 600 when King balh blah had 2 wives.

So when did this 'British culture' begin? After which conquest? At which time?

Britain is a lot older than Christianity mate... which, may I add originated from the Middle East and was brought over by immigrants.
  • Options
    Originally posted by MoonRat
    So when did this 'British culture' begin? After which conquest? At which time?

Britain is a lot older than Christianity mate... which, may I add originated from the Middle East and was brought over by immigrants.
    oh dear oh dear oh dear ...luke will probably have his head in the oven after reading this.
  • Options
    and what duck?
    for fucks sake luke ...give a point of fucking view ...tell her it's not true because or you accept that but ...
  • Options
    Originally posted by freethepeeps
    Answer the question. Did you, or did you not say that muslims who don't like British laws should just fuck off?

Yes or no will do.....

will you answer the question
  • Options
    i dont understand the point she is making.. what she said.. i already know... and then u do and b a dick head!!

The question, which I do believe has been asked several times of you already by several people (including myself), is what you feel is this 'British Culture' you are defending.

If you accept that the culture of these islands has been constantly and continually changing (almost always because of immigration and foreign influences), then what exactly is different about *now*?
  • Options
    fuck off dickhead

i told u once go and kill ya self av a few more spliffs!!!
    you truly are very fucking strange luke.
    entertaining in a very frustrating way.
    are you the missing link?
  • Options
    !!PISSSS OFFF!!!
    luke ...if you spend a little time reading all your own replies to various people in various topics you will notice ...that this kind of reply is common from you.
    people rightly ask you a question and you throw abuse at them ...thats not how it works i'm afraid.
    is this how you behave in the real world?
  • Options
    Originally posted by freethepeeps

If he did it's an attitude I would support about this.

Britain has not recognised polygamy for hundreds of years, polygamy is illegal, so there should be no tax breaks to condone such behaviour.
  • Options
    Originally posted by morrocan roll
    what happens when a guy turns up here who already has three happy wives?

well that isnt legally recognised here since it would be making an exception to the rule, which does noone any favours so he should make do.....
  • Options
    !!PISSSS OFFF!!!

Answer the question.
  • Options
    Originally posted by nckdn
    Disillusioned- the laws have been bended to suit Jews, Muslims and Sikhs in the past (kosher and halal slaughter, turbans rather helmets for motorcyclists, certainly more examles). Surely the point is that minorities might more appropriately have to accept the views of the majority, rather than the other way round?

Bending laws to make life easier for people of certain religions as has been the case with relaxing the laws relating to halal meat for example is very different to fully incorporating sharia law into British domestic law – which Muslim leaders according to the Times article are campaigning for. British domestic law has not incorporated Sikh law, Jewish law or any other religious law in recent times as far as I know. I do not believe it would be possible to incorporate Islamic sharia law without incorporating other religious laws, and doing that would almost certainly create contradictions and jeopardise some of the rights and freedoms all citizens take for granted.

No incorporation of religious laws please and no treating different religions differently in relation to marriage laws...

For once I'm kinda agreeing with Kermit.
  • Options
    Originally posted by Kermit
    If he did it's an attitude I would support about this.

Britain has not recognised polygamy for hundreds of years, polygamy is illegal, so there should be no tax breaks to condone such behaviour.

You sir, I bow to.
  • Options
    Originally posted by *DEVIL*
    "mostly weeners" - and you call lukesh racist?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?
    Did I call Lukesh racist..? Think now, your credibility is on the line here...
  • Options
    Only people who don't hold the same views as them are racist!
    Who's this 'them', Luke? Your paranoia is showing again...
  • Options
    Originally posted by wheresmyplacebo
    this law is absurd cause its one law for some and one law for others
    Who says you can't have more than one wife? I'm not being difficult, it's a serious question. If your religion permits polygamy, what has it got to do with the state? Other than the fact that it's tax laws are traditionally set up to favour monogamy?
  • Options
    Originally posted by morrocan roll
    oh dear oh dear oh dear ...luke will probably have his head in the oven after reading this.
    That would be a pity. As much as trolls liven up a site, moronic ranters can be amusing too, as long as everyone understands their place in the grand scheme... with the other mushrooms, being dumped on by the rest of society.
  • Options
    Not doubting your veracity, but while the state might not recognise polygamy, is that the same thing as considering it illegal? Tax evaluation is one thing, but dictating religious conduct...

We've already had homosexual parteners campaigning for the right to enjoy the same tax privileges as married people, as well as close kin. A more equitable distribution amongst multiple significant others, as long as the beneft to the 'taxee' is unaltered, doesn't seem unworkable, or to have any implications for criminal law.
  • Options
    Originally posted by Uncle Joe
    Not doubting your veracity, but while the state might not recognise polygamy, is that the same thing as considering it illegal? Tax evaluation is one thing, but dictating religious conduct...

We've already had homosexual parteners campaigning for the right to enjoy the same tax privileges as married people, as well as close kin. A more equitable distribution amongst multiple significant others, as long as the beneft to the 'taxee' is unaltered, doesn't seem unworkable, or to have any implications for criminal law.

polygamy is illegal in this country so someone whose done it abroad should get no tax breaks
  • Options
    Uncle Joe, being legally (under UK civil law) married to more than one person is illegal in the UK. This is no more an "infringement" of religious "rights" than preventing me from marrying my sister.

If these people want to have ten women, and consider them all wives, then fair enough. But only one of them can be a legal wife in the UK, and that is the way it should remain.

Homosexual partners are a different issue.
  • Options
    i dont understand the point she is making.. what she said.. i already know... and then u do and b a dick head!!

Sorry... I don't always write clearly.

I mean that there has been so much immigration in and out of the UK (if you can call invasions 'immigration?).

Now Christianity does originate from the Middle East (note to anyone who's interested, Catholicism was not the first denomination, Gnosticism is) or there abouts, even if there have been changes in the scriptures along the way. But it was not created in the UK.

But if it weren't for say... Roman, Anglo Saxon, Norman invasions we wouldn't be the country we are today. We wouldn't have the same language, the same culture, the same food... Maybe we wouldn't be as wealthy.

What I was asking was at what time did British culture become to your liking?

And why do you believe Christianity to be a big part of it if it doesn't even come from our own shores?
  • Options
    Originally posted by Uncle Joe
    Did I call Lukesh racist..? Think now, your credibility is on the line here...

"YOU" personally did not but no-one argued with the blatent racist comment you made.
  • Options
    Uncle Joe, being legally (under UK civil law) married to more than one person is illegal in the UK. This is no more an "infringement" of religious "rights" than preventing me from marrying my sister.

If these people want to have ten women, and consider them all wives, then fair enough. But only one of them can be a legal wife in the UK, and that is the way it should remain.
    As I suspected then, it's the state of being married to more than one person concurrently under civil law (i.e. signing the register) that is illegal. Polygamy is not if it isn't recognised by the state. If, however, a man (or woman) could stipulate more than one person to inherit his/her wealth, regardless of their relationship, and those persons just happened to be spouses as recognised by Islam, no monogamist would be losing out. Unless they want to be granted the right to have more than one wife/husband by the Christian church...
  • Options
    Originally posted by *DEVIL*
    "YOU" personally did not but no-one argued with the blatent racist comment you made.
    So I didn't call Lukesh a racist... Glad we got that cleared up.

Now, how can a jibe against the Dutch, even if it wasn't intended as a tongue-in-cheek rebuttal of Diesel's link (charting the rise of (neo-?)fascism in Holland), be racist? I didn't even say that all Dutch people are weeners...