Home Sex & Relationships
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨
Options

So, honestly...

Comments

• Options
    Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    Kermit wrote:
    No, but it becomes very hard to ban all the a/s/l trollers if you're doing the same thing.

Ha slap my wrists please.

If i was actually touting for sex then fair enough. It was a jokey throwaway comment though. You all take things far too seriously.
  • Options
    I know it was a joke, but it makes the mods life harder.

Fuck's sake.
  • Options
    Kermit wrote:
    I know it was a joke, but it makes the mods life harder.

Fuck's sake.

Slight overreaction there i feel.

But very kind of you to stick up for them. I'm sure they appreciate it.
  • Options
    lacymay you sound like a bit of a comedian and have brightened up my day. thank you.
  • Options
    **helen****helen** Deactivated Posts: 9,235 Supreme Poster
    LacyMay wrote:
    Slight overreaction there i feel.

But very kind of you to stick up for them. I'm sure they appreciate it.

Either you don't get it or you are just being provocative - whatever, just be aware that my original post still stands and it's in your interest to take note for the future.
  • Options
    so...............does anyone think gorls go for lound/obnoxious people? i knew loads of girls who did, but then seeing as most of the guys i knew were twats, it isnt saying much.
  • Options
    hazell wrote:
    so...............does anyone think gorls go for lound/obnoxious people? i knew loads of girls who did, but then seeing as most of the guys i knew were twats, it isnt saying much.

I don't.
  • Options
    Sofie wrote:
    I don't.
    Ditto!
  • Options
    \
  • Options
    sophia wrote:
    However, the loud obnoxious blokes have more success because they hit on more people and don't fear the rejection so much. If one girl gives them the brush off, they just go on to the next. With that kind of strategy, you're bound to succeed eventually.

And they're more confident when it comes to pulling and asking girls out.
  • Options
    hazell wrote:
    so...............does anyone think gorls go for lound/obnoxious people?

Have you missed this entire thread?

The entire female population cannot be summarised as "going for loud people". Obviously some girls will go for loud people, just like some girls won't.

Two things about this though -

First is that a lot of the "girls go for loud blokes" thing can be put down to things like clubs and pubs, where as a social interaction place, of course loud and obvious people are going to be noticed as getting attention.

Second is that anyone who thinks of "girls" as a single entity that fits into one particular pattern is really unlikely to get into a serious relationship with any particular individual, because the massive preconception of "girls" as a whole will get in the way long before that has a chance to happen.
  • Options
    Indrid ColdIndrid Cold Posts: 16,688 Skive's The Limit
    sophia wrote:
    Haven't we covered this ground about 20 pages back?
    Mist wrote:
    Have you missed this entire thread?
    Can't you people tell he's just trying to stir a fight again?
  • Options
    **Helen** wrote:
    Either you don't get it or you are just being provocative - whatever, just be aware that my original post still stands and it's in your interest to take note for the future.

Ok no longer will i make jokes on the board. Lets all be deadly serious from now on.
  • Options
    LacyMay wrote:
    Ok no longer will i make jokes on the board. Lets all be deadly serious from now on.
    Is that a joke?
  • Options
    Can't you people tell he's just trying to stir a fight again?

if you think disagreeing with people equates to starting a fight, then yes i am trying to start a fight. again.

i just think its weird i don't see what you see but it seems to be my problem. boo hoo.
  • Options
    well actually my boyfriend isn't exactly either he's extravert and introvert in his own kind of a way but i love him for that he is just who he always is, the extrovert guys actually really bug me especially the guys that think that they can have exactly what they like just because they ask, the likelihood is that it might not work anyways especially in the long term because they might be fun to go out with and have a laugh but when it comes to the serious stuff they tend to be....um less interested and a lot of the time just get bored....on the other hand when they find somebody they truly do love they can settle down pretty well....:p
  • Options
    Maybe I deserve to be alone...
  • Options
    don't think anyone deserves to be alone. i'm still waiting for her to show up.
  • Options
    We don't show up. Being passive gets you nothing except probable doormat treatment.
  • Options
    Fiend_85 wrote:
    We don't show up. Being passive gets you nothing except probable doormat treatment.

Ah, the truth, the whole truth and nothing but the truth. Excuse the pun.

You'll just have to step and and ask - take the initiative. Do it before it's too late. I've got enough bad experience with it.
  • Options
    oh i know you have to ask. i can't see why the opposite sex (or same sex for that matter) would say 'yes'. i've been proved right about this before y'now. its just sickening and amidst all the negativity, waiting for her is the most positive thing i can do.
  • Options
    You know, just once I wish women were forced to be the one's to "take the initiative". I don't think they can truely understand what it's like to be forced to expose yourself like that.

The potential for humiliation and evisceration is so high sometimes I think it's not worth the trouble...
  • Options
    Lifeless wrote:
    The potential for humiliation and evisceration is so high sometimes I think it's not worth the trouble...

I used to think being rejected by a girl was the worst thing possible. Then one day I just thought 'Sod it!' I'd rather ask and get turned down than never know.

Do you have any friends that are girls? If not, I'd suggest you forget about getting yourself a girlfriend for a while. Just get to know some nice, ordinary girls as friends.
  • Options
    Lifeless wrote:
    You know, just once I wish women were forced to be the one's to "take the initiative". I don't think they can truely understand what it's like to be forced to expose yourself like that.
    One of my ex's approached me in a club, and she was quite a quiet girl (though quite drunk at the time). Girls have exactly the same insecurities and problems when talking to someone they like, you know? And how are you being forced to expose yourself? If you feel under some sort of pressure to approach someone, then you're not doing it for the right reasons. You should talk to new people because you enjoy it and because it's fun, not because you think that you have some sort of responsibility to do so.
  • Options
    Do you have any friends that are girls? If not, I'd suggest you forget about getting yourself a girlfriend for a while. Just get to know some nice, ordinary girls as friends.

But that would bring the potential for a whole different kind of humiliation. :)

I would like a female friend, though. Infact I'd probably prefere a female friend to a girlfriend. But friendships seem to be based on common interests and women don't tend to share my interests. Could get new ones I suppose but then that adds a whole lot of pressure. :chin:

Ho hum, sucks to be me...
  • Options
    One of my ex's approached me in a club, and she was quite a quiet girl (though quite drunk at the time). Girls have exactly the same insecurities and problems when talking to someone they like, you know? And how are you being forced to expose yourself? If you feel under some sort of pressure to approach someone, then you're not doing it for the right reasons. You should talk to new people because you enjoy it and because it's fun, not because you think that you have some sort of responsibility to do so.

Well, I'm a man for a start. I don't have the option to sit and wait to be hit on. I don't drink either so getting rejected and being 100% aware of it is just really horrible.

I don't really enjoy talking to new people. It's just awkard and painful, but what choice do I have? Being alone most of the time really just sucks.
  • Options
    Lifeless wrote:
    I would like a female friend, though. Infact I'd probably prefere a female friend to a girlfriend. But friendships seem to be based on common interests and women don't tend to share my interests.

Not really, one of my best female friends is a proper dance DJ, another one is really into her indie and festival going etc, none of which I have any interest in at all.

Just speak to people. I don't think I've a lot to say for myself as a person, but I just talk about random stuff, get to know people and if anything it's more to do with how you come across as a person and how interesting you are. If people warm to you then just accept it, and don't over analyse what they see in you.

Your next point is going to be about how you don't think you're interesting and how it's impossible to speak to people, so it's a vicious circle.

You can either help yourself, or keep going round in circles doing your own head in.
  • Options
    People are weird. Seems like they're all talking about is big brother :yuck: football :no: or about how drunk they're gonna get on the weekend.

I dunno, I guess summer time really bums me out...
  • Options
    Lifeless wrote:
    Well, I'm a man for a start. I don't have the option to sit and wait to be hit on. I don't drink either so getting rejected and being 100% aware of it is just really horrible.
    I've never been hit on by just sitting there and waiting for it to happen. The time I was talking about, I was just dancing with a group of friends. In other words, I was just having fun and being myself, and she started talking to me (which is what happens in pubs and clubs every now and then). And define what it means to be 'rejected'. That implies that you're asking someone for something, when in reality, you're just having a chat.
    Lifeless wrote:
    I don't really enjoy talking to new people. It's just awkard and painful, but what choice do I have?
    Even when the new person you're talking to has something in common with you, and something to talk about? You're not going to get on like a house on fire with everyone you meet, but when you do find someone new you get on well with, then it isn't painful in the slightest. Trust me, put me in a room for an hour with a lot of the people I know, and there'd be so many awkward silences it'd be untrue. But then there's that special few that I could talk to for hours non-stop.
  • Options
    I've never been hit on by just sitting there and waiting for it to happen. The time I was talking about, I was just dancing with a group of friends. In other words, I was just having fun and being myself, and she started talking to me (which is what happens in pubs and clubs every now and then). And define what it means to be 'rejected'. That implies that you're asking someone for something, when in reality, you're just having a chat.

Rejection = Me: Hi, I'm... Her: *Swift kick to balls* Me: *On floor gasping for breath*
    Even when the new person you're talking to has something in common with you, and something to talk about? You're not going to get on like a house on fire with everyone you meet, but when you do find someone new you get on well with, then it isn't painful in the slightest. Trust me, put me in a room for an hour with a lot of the people I know, and there'd be so many awkward silences it'd be untrue. But then there's that special few that I could talk to for hours non-stop.

Well, on the rare occasion that they have something in common with me I do tend to talk like a jabbering monkey. But it doesn't happen often and only once with a woman (well girl). Dammit, I wish I could see her again and undo that mistake. :banghead: