Home Sex & Relationships
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨
Options

am i a dork if i don't have sex?

Comments

• Options
    Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    i agree with her to some extent; i couldn't have a relationship with someone who i didn't find attractive and who was bad in bed.
  • Options
    LacyMay wrote:
    Well lets see the only people not getting laid are er....kinda odd or people no one wants to touch yeah.

I couldn't give a fuck if people wanna shag about or not, just pointing out that normal people get laid. Looks like you need some of that yourself love.
    so are you saying you're not attractive if you don't have sex? There are pleanty of beautiful people out there who aren't having sex. You seem to be looking down on people who aren't at it. It doesn't make you a better/worse person.
  • Options
    Ballerina wrote:
    so are you saying you're not attractive if you don't have sex? There are pleanty of beautiful people out there who aren't having sex. You seem to be looking down on people who aren't at it. It doesn't make you a better/worse person.

No i'm saying ugly people find it harder to get laid. Unless they like find other ugly people. Not saying all people not shagging are ugly.

And i'm sorry but you can't say i'm the only person to think like that!
  • Options
    stargalaxy wrote:
    I'll be reporting your conduct over this.

just like i reported yours, eh? ;)
  • Options
    LacyMay wrote:
    No i'm saying ugly people find it harder to get laid. Unless they like find other ugly people.

:lol: :thumb:
  • Options
    just like i reported yours, eh? ;)
    Ah, touché. ;)
  • Options
    LacyMay wrote:
    No i'm saying ugly people find it harder to get laid. Unless they like find other ugly people. Not saying all people not shagging are ugly.

And i'm sorry but you can't say i'm the only person to think like that!
    I didn't say you were the only person to think like that. But isn't everyones opinion of whats attractive and whats ugly different?
  • Options
    Ballerina wrote:
    I didn't say you were the only person to think like that. But isn't everyones opinion of whats attractive and whats ugly different?

Yeah but there are some people that are like blatantly ugly.
  • Options
    **helen****helen** Deactivated Posts: 9,235 Supreme Poster
    LacyMay wrote:
    Oh right so it's alright for other people to slag down my opinion, but not alright for me to air mine!

Did you not read the part of the thread that I quoted? Go back and read it again. I'm not talking about airing your opinion, I'm talking about making a specific comment you made to Moonrat which was personal and unjustified.
  • Options
    Kind of reminds me of that part they used to have on Chris Evans's old show TFI Friday - "Ugly Blokes", where they would get the said 'ugly blokes' onto the show to reject some stunning model that would pretend to fancy them with a "sorry love, your just not my type! lol
  • Options
    **Helen** wrote:
    Did you not read the part of the thread that I quoted? Go back and read it again. I'm not talking about airing your opinion, I'm talking about making a specific comment you made to Moonrat which was personal and unjustified.

I did yes.

I'm sure she didn't even give a second thought to what was said. It's not like i aimed an insult at her, was merely a passing comment.
  • Options
    LacyMay wrote:
    Yeah but there are some people that are like blatantly ugly.
    True
  • Options
    **helen****helen** Deactivated Posts: 9,235 Supreme Poster
    LacyMay wrote:
    I did yes.

I'm sure she didn't even give a second thought to what was said. It's not like i aimed an insult at her, was merely a passing comment.

Fair enough, I can't speak for others, but I still think it was an unnecessary comment. I do think your overall views are interesting though - certainly make other people question where they're coming from.
    Take it easy ;)
  • Options
    What the hells an ugly person? There arent any, what one person classifies as ugly another classifies as beautiful.

And you can be having the best sex with the best looking person(to you) on the planet but if you clash on other fronts it'll fall apart anyway.
  • Options
    LacyMay wrote:
    The first time you have sex is never special. If you expect it to be your in for a big letdown!

Actually it can be really special, like ballerina i wanted my first time to be as near perfect as it could, and it was really romantic and special.
  • Options
    jane_lane wrote:
    Actually it can be really special, like ballerina i wanted my first time to be as near perfect as it could, and it was really romantic and special.

Yeah but who wants romantic and special sex?

Dirty dirty sex is what it's all about!
  • Options
    LacyMay wrote:

For your first time? Doncha think that'd be a bit painful?
  • Options
    For your first time? Doncha think that'd be a bit painful?

Start as you mean to go on!
  • Options
    LacyMay wrote:

Go find yourself a beautiful tramp then :thumb:.
  • Options
    Oh, and apologies to LacyMay. I still think that what she said was shallow, and to me there are a heap of other aspects in a relationship that mean more than sex. For me, sex is the icing on the cake - no amount of icing will make a bad cake good.

However, we're all different. We all find difference characteristics attractive, different personalities, different looks, and by the same token we'll all find different things important in a relationship - and, more importantly, we're all entitled to find different things important.

May we all have happy and prosperous relationships in future :thumb:.
  • Options
    LacyMay wrote:

well depends on your sex drive really?....different people want different things!
  • Options
    LacyMay wrote:

for you maybe, not for everyone though. we all like different stuff - each to their own
  • Options
    What the hells an ugly person? There arent any, what one person classifies as ugly another classifies as beautiful.

Compare Maggie Thatcher at 40 with Nigella Lawson. Do people collectively find them equally attractive? How many many men would shag Maggie before Nigella?
  • Options
    The comment on people not getting laid, some people have made a choice not to despite the attractiveness of a person....
  • Options
    What the hells an ugly person?

Off Topic: I have a friend who's 'medically UGLY'. His face was smashed about a bit in a crash or something and he now qualifies for free cosmetic surgery...

On Topic: everyone waits untill the right time to have sex. For some the 'right time' might be 2 seconds after meeting somebody and feeling a stiring in their pants, and for others it is after being in a relationship for two years with plans to get married and trust and love.

Still On Topic: Non-sexually acitve peeps can make valid observations about the importance of sex, they are in a great position to comment on how important not having it is as well as how un-important they view having it is.

Sticking With The Topic: I don't think it's shallow to judge a sexual relationship on the quality and quantity of the sex, sex is what makes it a sexual relationship and if the sex isn't great then the sexual part of the relationship is lacking.

On Bitching: Gah!
  • Options
    stargalaxy wrote:
    I'll be reporting your conduct over this.
    Aw wise up ffs!
  • Options

And you can be having the best sex with the best looking person(to you) on the planet but if you clash on other fronts it'll fall apart anyway.

I'm going to paraphrase Blagsta here. Looks are certainly subjective but are confined to biological parameters.

There are ugly people in the world just like there are stunning people in this world.
  • Options
    Renzo wrote:
    The comment on people not getting laid, some people have made a choice not to despite the attractiveness of a person....

And that's where the term "freakish" comes into the equation. I mean, you aren't all law abiding Christians are you?
  • Options
    katralla wrote:
    Still On Topic: Non-sexually acitve peeps can make valid observations about the importance of sex, they are in a great position to comment on how important not having it is as well as how un-important they view having it is.
    thank you! :yes:
  • Options
    turlough wrote:
    And that's where the term "freakish" comes into the equation. I mean, you aren't all law abiding Christians are you?

celibacy doesn't always have anything to do with religion though. Unfreakish reasons for celibacy include: loss of partner, a break from the sometimes shallow and superficial expectations in sexual relationships etc, no libido due to chemicals such as er some medicines. I once decided to go celibate, ok so it didn't last but that's beside the point, I decided that to try to make my life less complicated, to step back from'trivial' persuits and try to 'find myself'.