Home Sex & Relationships
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨
Options

am i a dork if i don't have sex?

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
pretty much everyone i know has sex with whoever they date....n some people i know think that i'm pretty 'backward' because i'm a virgin. they even think that they can't talk about they're sex lives in front of me!i think i should wait till i feel that the guy is right and the time is right(it doesn't have to be after marriage though). i'm 21 and sometimes i feel like i'll never meet the right guy...but i'm willing to wait..
why is it that some people judge other people because they have diffrent values? i don't judge people who have one night stands...that's they're life n they live it the way they see fit!...
or am i being old fashioned and 'prude'? am i realy being backward by waiting for what feels right?!

Comments

• Options
    tinydancer wrote:
    pretty much everyone i know has sex with whoever they date....n some people i know think that i'm pretty 'backward' because i'm a virgin. they even think that they can't talk about they're sex lives in front of me!i think i should wait till i feel that the guy is right and the time is right(it doesn't have to be after marriage though). i'm 21 and sometimes i feel like i'll never meet the right guy...but i'm willing to wait..
    why is it that some people judge other people because they have diffrent values? i don't judge people who have one night stands...that's they're life n they live it the way they see fit!...
    or am i being old fashioned and 'prude'? am i realy being backward by waiting for what feels right?!
    No. It's their loss if they are stupid enough to feel this way.

I waited until I meet the right guy and was in the right situation (I was 19). Everything was perfect. I have no regrets.

Good luck with finding Mr Right :thumb:
  • Options
    Of course not, and don't let any body tell you/talk you into otherwise.
  • Options
    It's just todays lifestyle and values have changed, every year people realise it's ok to let yourself go and sleep with someone you find attractive.

Of course, but it's also ok not to.

I say stick to your guns, you're not a prude or backward or anything of the sort. Like you said, people have different values and they should respect yours in the same way you respect theirs.

Maybe it is being "old-fashioned", but there's a lot to be said for that.
  • Options
    Randomgirl wrote:
    No. It's their loss if they are stupid enough to feel this way.

I waited until I meet the right guy and was in the right situation (I was 19). Everything was perfect. I have no regrets.

Good luck with finding Mr Right :thumb:

I also plan to wait - been persurised into having sex with different people at least twice in just under a year. When this happened the first tiem, it really got me thinking about waiting until I was ready; not just because everyone lese does it...
  • Options
    Its your choice, when you are still young you end up doing things because you feel you should as everyone else is doing them. See the bigger picture and look beyond that, dont make the same mistakes everyone else does.

As you get older you realise more and more that your life is your own, you manage it and you make your own choices. Never do anything because its whats expected of you or its the norm for everyone else. Do what feels right for you personally, its your life.

My motto in life is live it how it feels right to you, dont feel pressured to do anything because everyone else is or because you feel you should. Thats the sort of thing teenagers do, we should have all grown out of that by now. If any decision you make in life feels right for you and does no harm to anyone else then its the right one.

If you want to wait then do that, if you dont then get on with it. Whatever you decide let it be your own decision not someone elses.
  • Options
    ignore what everyone else says. it's your virginity, lose it when you want.
  • Options
    Hehe dork. :cool:
  • Options
    LacyMay wrote:
    Hehe dork. :cool:

lol :lol:
  • Options
    no your not. i think its best to wait till you meet someone your comfortable with, and feel ready. If they have a problem then its their problem. i waited till i was 20 i think or was it 19. but that only because i felt comfortable with her and not any of the others
  • Options
    tinydancer wrote:

Well if you don't want to do it then that's not something you can voluntarily change. People will think you're a dork though, so an idea could be claiming you've done the deed even though you ain't.
  • Options
    tinydancer wrote:
    !

Aaaaw,why do you have to feel that way?You don have to,you should instead be proud of yourself just like me!
    I'm 19,male and i've never encountered sex but i'm still growing strong.I don listen to what my friends say to me.Actaully those guys who pressurize you into having sex are the bad friends you need to get rid of.
  • Options
    Spliffie wrote:
    Well if you don't want to do it then that's not something you can voluntarily change. People will think you're a dork though, so an idea could be claiming you've done the deed even though you ain't.

Whats the point in that?
  • Options
    Renzo wrote:
    Whats the point in that?

To avoid being thought of as a dork.
  • Options
    Renzo wrote:
    Whats the point in that?

because then people won't think of her as a dork since they think she isn't a virgin?
  • Options
    You have a point there!!!!
  • Options
    But it doesnt make her a dork.
  • Options
    Renzo wrote:
    But it doesnt make her a dork.

It's subjective. People will think it, no point in pretending otherwise, so it's an idea certainly worth suggesting.
  • Options
    I don't agree with lying because some people don't like it.
  • Options
    Spliffie wrote:
    It's subjective. People will think it, no point in pretending otherwise, so it's an idea certainly worth suggesting.
    some people will some people wont. and if they do then its their problem, not the person in questions fault. you shouldn't rush people into it because of what others think.
  • Options
    being a virgin doesn't equate to being a dork, bullshit.

yes, some people might think it does but it doesn't mean you should lie or feel that you're in anyway inferior.
  • Options
    Youngbull wrote:
    some people will some people wont. and if they do then its their problem, not the person in questions fault. you shouldn't rush people into it because of what others think.

Never suggested otherwise. If she's feeling pressured by it, and it's getting to her, then i think it's an option if it means she can relax. Yes, you can say what other people think doesn't matter, but let's face it, sometimes it does.
  • Options
    I have to be honest, I'm happy to wait until I am married...which could be a while...guys mean so much more to me as friends :)
  • Options
    Does it matter what they think? You don't have to have sex, perhaps you prefer to indulge in mutual or solo masturbation, it's a lot less risky.
  • Options
    I think it's a respectable thing. I mean, if you've found the right person, by all means go for it. But if you haven't, I'm damn impressed. Congrats :D
  • Options
    "Sex is the key to having sex."
    - Romeo and Juliet

Take these words as you will, but let me say this: nobody ever got called a dork for HAVING sex...
  • Options
    Teh_GerbilTeh_Gerbil Posts: 13,332 Born on Earth, Raised by The Mix
    "Sex is the key to having sex."
    - Romeo and Juliet

Take these words as you will, but let me say this: nobody ever got called a dork for HAVING sex...

Yes they did. The Welsh do all the time when they get it on with sheep.
  • Options
    SkiveSkive Posts: 15,284 Skive's The Limit
    guitaress wrote:
    I have to be honest, I'm happy to wait until I am married...

I've never understood this. Surely it's be better to find out what somebody's like in bed before making a commitment like that?
    Weekender Offender 
  • Options
    Skive wrote:
    I've never understood this. Surely it's be better to find out what somebody's like in bed before making a commitment like that?

I think the whole idea is that they don't care what someones like in bed cos they love them.
  • Options
    SkiveSkive Posts: 15,284 Skive's The Limit
    LacyMay wrote:
    I think the whole idea is that they don't care what someones like in bed cos they love them.

Well each to their own.
    Weekender Offender 
  • Options
    everyone is fucking these days.