Home Sex & Relationships
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨
Options

am i a dork if i don't have sex?

Comments

• Options
    Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    [
    QUOTE=LacyMay]Lets be honest people that don't have sex are freakish.

Or pig ugly. Or both :chin:
    [/QUOTE]

erm...what if they're just people who just choose to live life diffrently cos they're from a different background and have different values? :chin:
  • Options
    tinydancer wrote:
    pretty much everyone i know has sex with whoever they date....n some people i know think that i'm pretty 'backward' because i'm a virgin. they even think that they can't talk about they're sex lives in front of me!i think i should wait till i feel that the guy is right and the time is right(it doesn't have to be after marriage though). i'm 21 and sometimes i feel like i'll never meet the right guy...but i'm willing to wait..
    why is it that some people judge other people because they have diffrent values? i don't judge people who have one night stands...that's they're life n they live it the way they see fit!...
    or am i being old fashioned and 'prude'? am i realy being backward by waiting for what feels right?!

They do what they feel is right, you do what you feel is right. Do exactly what you want - ignore pressure from anyone else until you feel the time is right for you.

I was the only one in my 'group' of friends who was still a virgin at 19. Didn't bother me in the slightest, and I feel pretty much the same way now. I've slept with a handful of girls, and have been sex-less now for 3.5 years. It's nice and all, but it's best with someone you deem to be special - I've no interest in getting my end away, I'd rather keep it in my pants than have a collection of conquests :).

There is no shame in being who you are, nor is there any shame in your friends being who they want to be. Live and let live, someone special will come along :).
  • Options
    LacyMay wrote:
    Lets be honest people that don't have sex are freakish.

Or pig ugly. Or both :chin:
    It's never actually occured to me (or most people hopefully) that not having sex makes somebody a freak or ugly... I guess I'm too busy living my life and respecting people's decisions like most adults do.
  • Options
    LacyMay wrote:
    You could be with the most wonderful person ever in the whole wide world, who you love very very much, but if the sex is shit, who gives a fuck about all that. It's like move on!

How bloody shallow are you?

Sex is one aspect of a person, and a relationship. If high-quality sex is high on your agenda then by all means ensure that you have a rampant sex-life.

Personally, the sex comes second-place to a lot of other things for me. Primarily, I guess, is whether or not I'd have to be concerned that my partner is off having high-quality sex without me ;).
  • Options
    In terms of people with slightly below average to high sex drives, if the shagging isn't good then the relationship is likely to be flawed - the foundations are weak.
  • Options
    Ballerina wrote:
    sorry it wasn't directed at you personally. well just because i haven't had sex doesn't mean i can't make comments on the matter, i seem to get looked down on for this sometimes. :chin:

i wasn't looking down at you.

i just think you can't really say sex isn't that important until you start having it; that's all.
  • Options
    It's never actually occured to me (or most people hopefully) that not having sex makes somebody a freak or ugly... I guess I'm too busy living my life and respecting people's decisions like most adults do.

Well lets see the only people not getting laid are er....kinda odd or people no one wants to touch yeah.

I couldn't give a fuck if people wanna shag about or not, just pointing out that normal people get laid. Looks like you need some of that yourself love.
  • Options
    How bloody shallow are you?

Sex is one aspect of a person, and a relationship. If high-quality sex is high on your agenda then by all means ensure that you have a rampant sex-life.

Personally, the sex comes second-place to a lot of other things for me. Primarily, I guess, is whether or not I'd have to be concerned that my partner is off having high-quality sex without me ;).

I am bloody shallow yes. Bloody bloody shallow :rolleyes:

Look ain't being funny but if someones crap in bed it'll cause problems whether it's the most important thing or not.
  • Options
    Well Ballerina I am in the same position as you. I am not waiting for 'the one' or anything, just someone that I genuinely like, and would not regret giving my virginity to. I am quite an old fashioned person. But this has sort of aided me in the boy front. I went to the pub with my friend,and all the girls were dressed in heels and short skirts and cleavage tops, and there was lil ol me in a cute preppy top with a pair on non tight jeans.

The friends I was with said most of the blokes fancied the pants off me that night because I looked so different to everyone else. They said they could see I wasn't trying to look sexy and this was part of the attraction (and also they could guess I was a virgin - some guys find this attractive? I dont know) But anyhoo a load of guys came onto me that night who were totally out of my league. :D

So now I dress in pretty clothes I like and not sexy clothes, because I seem to be the only one doing it. :p
  • Options
    im 18 im still a virgin cus i aint found the right women yet when i do i will if that takes me till im 23 or 33 thats my choice and the only persons opinion u have to care about is ure own
  • Options
    Well you may not like Lacy's reply's but at least she is honest. Have to respect that.
  • Options
    **helen****helen** Deactivated Posts: 9,235 Supreme Poster
    LacyMay wrote:
    just pointing out that normal people get laid

And plenty of so-called 'odd people' do too - having sex has never been the reserve of the 'beautiful people'.

LacyMay wrote:
    Looks like you need some of that yourself love.
    :no: No need to get personal.
  • Options
    Well, LacyMay may put looks and sexual performance above all other considerations, but I'm glad so few others do. Why do looks matter so much? Okay, you're unlikely to find yourself sexually attracted to an ugly person, but looks and sexual performance almost certainly are not linked.

Two people who are in the mood, and can communicate each other's needs and desires = potentially mind-blowing sex.
  • Options
    [
    QUOTE='-[MoonRat]-']It's never actually occured to me (or most people hopefully) that not having sex makes somebody a freak or ugly... I guess I'm too busy living my life and respecting people's decisions like most adults do.
    [/QUOTE]

i think i like your response the best! :)
  • Options
    I think there is some fuzzy point where not having had sex (leaving aside cultural reasons) is viewed as being dysfunctional by the peer group. But this certainly does not occur at 21 so the OP need not worry. If peer pressure is a problem then a white lie, as Spliffie suggests, may be the 'path of least resistance'.
  • Options
    **Helen** wrote:
    And plenty of so-called 'odd people' do too - having sex has never been the reserve of the 'beautiful people'.

:no: No need to get personal.

Oh right so it's alright for other people to slag down my opinion, but not alright for me to air mine!
  • Options
    stargalaxy wrote:
    Well, LacyMay may put looks and sexual performance above all other considerations, but I'm glad so few others do. Why do looks matter so much? Okay, you're unlikely to find yourself sexually attracted to an ugly person, but looks and sexual performance almost certainly are not linked.

Two people who are in the mood, and can communicate each other's needs and desires = potentially mind-blowing sex.

Did i ever say that ugly people are crap in bed?! Nor did i say that i put looks and sexual performance above everything else. I merely stated that if someones crap in bed it's bound to cause problems.
  • Options
    LacyMay wrote:
    Oh right so it's alright for other people to slag down my opinion, but not alright for me to air mine!
    I'm not sure where you get that idea from. Yes, giving your opinion is fine, but don't expect everyone to agree with it. You've also got to bear in mind some people here over-react to everything.
  • Options
    stargalaxy wrote:
    I'm not sure where you get that idea from. Yes, giving your opinion is fine, but don't expect everyone to agree with it. You've also got to bear in mind some people here over-react to everything.

Like you?

And don't patronise me. I've been posting on these boards nuff time to know how things work.
  • Options
    LacyMay wrote:
    Like you? And don't patronise me. I've been posting on these boards nuff time to know how things work.
    I'll be reporting your conduct over this.
  • Options
    stargalaxy wrote:
    good luck at uni :thumb: i think youre gona need it.
  • Options
    lipsy wrote:
    good luck at uni :thumb: i think youre gona need it.
    What are you talking about now?
  • Options
    stargalaxy wrote:

My conduct? :nervous:

Please feel free to.
  • Options
    stargalaxy wrote:
    What are you talking about now?
    i think its pretty obvious.
  • Options
    lipsy wrote:
    i think its pretty obvious.
    Don't drag my personal life into a thread that has nothing to do with it.
  • Options
    oi lipsy, clear out ya inbox :p
  • Options
    hmmmm

I don't think lacy has done anything wrong. She has given an honest opinion. Quite frankly there have been members of this board far more guilty of worse conduct yet you never said a word stargalaxy??

I gree with lipsy, good luck at uni, u will need it.
  • Options
    stargalaxy wrote:
    Don't drag my personal life into a thread that has nothing to do with it.
    i'm not talking about your personal life. im talking aboout your attitude in general, which has been shown on this thread.
  • Options
    icey wrote:
    oi lipsy, clear out ya inbox :p
    done x
  • Options
    Walkindude wrote:
    I don't think lacy has done anything wrong. She has given an honest opinion. Quite frankly there have been members of this board far more guilty of worse conduct yet you never said a word stargalaxy?
    Fair enough, I take the point.
    I agree with lipsy, good luck at uni, u will need it.
    If anyone else wants to discuss that, feel free to PM me as I'm not discussing it on this thread.