Home Politics & Debate
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨
Options

Should men be allowed to hit girls?

Comments

• Options
    Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    CathaEdulis is a troll. Beat it. With sticks.

Jonny8888 seems to have a very bizarre idea on the concept of equality.
  • Options
    If for some reason a woman was attacking me I would do my best to stop her, but I cant imagine a situation where I'd have to punch her in the face.
  • Options
    Ah its a great Q, what about then should men be allowed hit women in self defence? Granted some women wont called them women for hittingmen anways.

But yeah a lot of these equa rights women want things both ways but ive actually heard women say they find it an outrage that they would not be hit for something a man would be hit for doing.

For the record No I would neer hit a women unless in severe self defence
  • Options
    true in seld defence against anotther guy id try supress him if that fails ill go for the full assault, with a girl ill jusy keep trying to supress the attacks

recently realised its futile and now go for a girl trying to attack me like a guy, theyre all people, and if they get hurt, they shouldnt have started trying to attack me

equal oppurtunities
  • Options
    .. Poepl don't seem to think that it's okay for a man to hit a man, therefore there is no difference to their view when it comes to a man hitting a woman.

This forum is hardly representative of society though, is it?

If i went to a pub tonight & bashed a skinhead with a Stone Island top for bumping into me, who's going to start moralising? Certainly no-one i know. If I was to slap a woman for the same thing, there'd be rightful outrage.
  • Options
    Am man hitting a woman I would say is wrong, but only because a woman doesn't have as much strength in the upper body as men do. So really, it's a bit like a big man hitting somebody quite a bit smaller than himself or somebody who's ill... I mean physically wise.

A woman shouldn't hit a man either unless it's in self defense.
    true in seld defence against anotther guy id try supress him if that fails ill go for the full assault, with a girl ill jusy keep trying to supress the attacks

Probably because a woman wouldn't pose as much of a threat as a man would.
  • Options
    If a woman ever hit me I would crack her skull open. I am sure the feminists, who have long campaigned for such things, would smile approvingly.
    Not that I ever would but you understand the point.
  • Options
    A woman shouldn't hit a man either unless it's in self defense.

should a man hit a women in self defense?

born slippy...you're a top guy :thumb: :rolleyes: :yeees:
  • Options
    Richeh wrote:
    I usually stay clear of P & D but this is a subject that i wanted to add my opinion to.

Snap.

You watch a film; a man hits a women, she falls on the bed. You see a perfume advertisement; the man has tree-trunk arms and the women is a twig. Through traditional views, popular morals and media - to name a few, men retalliating to the women who hit them are rendered 'lesser' than the rest, and men are portrayed as big-and-strong while women are portrayed as petite-and-fragile. As we drove for gender-equality, especially in the last 40 or so years, the topic became more controversial, more taboo and more delicate.

More often than not I hear "I would never" hit a women" from leftist equality-obsessed mindless students with the tone and implication that to hit a women is a greater crime than original sin. The other day I saw a group of 'yoofs' standing in a tight area. A guy with a rucksack walked past and lightly barged one of the birds, to which she responded by walking after him and hitting him. I asked myself first if she would have done that had she been alone, and second what would she have done if the guy chose a more, in my opinion, suitable action than to carry on walking. I don't know; say, headbutting her?* The point is for women to adhere to this idea of "I can hit a man, for they wouldn't dare hit me back" is not only obtuse but dangerous.

The idea that people regard a women hitting a women, or a man hitting a man or even a women hitting a man, in the same way that we collectively regard a man hitting a women, is false. There's also the reality that in many cases a man can 'act in self-defense' if a women were to hit him, whereas a women wouldn't be able to (or wouldn't feel obliged to) if the situation was vice-versa.

I'll continue in a short while, something's come up ;x

* Read between the lines. Don't take everything so seriously.
  • Options
    Men tend to be stronger than women, so its not really an equal sitaution is it? But I do believe in the right to self defence. However to "crack her skull open" sounds like the actions of an extreme misogynist with possible psychopathic tendencies. You need help Born Slippy. Seriously.
  • Options
    If a woman ever hit me I would crack her skull open. I am sure the feminists, who have long campaigned for such things, would smile approvingly.
    Not that I ever would but you understand the point.

What point, Mr Troll?

That you think you're clever being "controversial"?
  • Options

Probably because a woman wouldn't pose as much of a threat as a man would.

no cause if someone found out itd be "im a woman beater hit me sign on my head"

and i know loads of girls who instantly go for the testicles strangely, and if they done that to to me id fucking knock em out.... no way i wouldnt, or id go for the breasts or kidneys or dead leg spot so they cant walk for 10 minutes
  • Options
    too many people on a superiority role around here...
  • Options
    Jonny8888 wrote:
    too many people on a superiority role around here...

Too many ? What is your preferred number then? :p

seeker
  • Options
    You people take some of the things that are said waaaaaayy too seriously... it's like your waiting for someone to say something even a little bit controversial so you can pounce on them.......
  • Options
    Whats the point in debate if you don't take it seriously?
  • Options
    turlough wrote:
    should a man hit a women in self defense?

born slippy...you're a top guy :thumb: :rolleyes: :yeees:
    Nobody should hit anybody unless it's in self-defense
  • Options
    Nobody should hit anybody unless it's in self-defense

i don't necessarily think you should hit anyone in self defense, using force to restrain someone yes by all means, of course thats morally, i've been involved in many fights, i've hurt people badly, i've been hurt badly, i have no quams with a good ole punch up sometimes, if there's a good reason to stand on someone's head of course. :D
  • Options
    turlough wrote:
    i don't necessarily think you should hit anyone in self defense, using force to restrain someone yes by all means, of course thats morally, i've been involved in many fights, i've hurt people badly, i've been hurt badly, i have no quams with a good ole punch up sometimes, if there's a good reason to stand on someone's head of course. :D
    But sometimes you have to. I myself know a little self defense but if a guy tried to rape me the first place I'd instinctively go for is his face. Restraining isn't always an option, especially if somebody's stronger than you.
  • Options
    SkiveSkive Posts: 15,286 Skive's The Limit
    Violence may be morally wrong but quite often it works.
    Weekender Offender 
  • Options
    Its not right except in an extreme case of self defence.

I think hitting girls is wrong and would avoid it at all possible costs but to be honest if I feel like I'm in serious danger . . . if I'm really scared for myself . . .then yeah I can't pretend I wouldn't fight back.

Although I'd probably feel ashamed of myself after - strange how old fashioned ideals can ingrain themselves so strongly on you :confused:
  • Options
    I remember getting in a fight outside a club once and grapling with some mush on the deck when his missus started to lay about my head with her foot. My mate came over and sparked her out with one punch.
    I thought that was fair.

There's always going to be situtations where violence is necessary.
    Weekender Offender 
  • Options
    Skive wrote:

yup, if someones using violence against you, theres only so much you can do thats non violent back to stop them
  • Options
    Skive wrote:
    I remember getting in a fight outside a club once and grapling with some mush on the deck when his missus started to lay about my head with her foot. My mate came over and sparked her out with one punch.
    I thought that was fair.

See its strange - if another fella was getting a kick in then I'd think it was fair but as it was a girl I can't help but think he should of just held her back or something. Then again I can't absolutley swear I wouldn't have done the same thing if I was in your mates position.

I don't know just one of those things thats drilled in to you by your mum from an early age - 'don't hit girls!'
  • Options
    I was going to say that i thought it was never right to hit another person but then i thought maybe i've just never been put in the wright (or wrong) situation for that to be my response. I've never hit anybody, nor have i felt the desire to. I think you can be much more scathing verbally if necessary.
  • Options
    I think you can be much more scathing verbally if necessary.

Try keeping it a verbal fight when the person your arguing with has had 10 pints and want's to kick your head in. Fists win every time.
    Weekender Offender 
  • Options
    Skive wrote:
    Try keeping it a verbal fight when the person your arguing with has had 10 pints and want's to kick your head in. Fists win every time.
    Best thing to do is walk away...
  • Options

Meanwhile, in the real world...
  • Options
    Skive wrote:

Violence, imho, is only morally wrong if a) used without provocation, and b) against somebody far weaker than yourself.

Violence usually works when you're growing up in particular.
  • Options

Rubbish.
    Weekender Offender