Home Politics & Debate
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨
Options

Should men be allowed to hit girls?

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
If men can hit men, in the social view of things, why cant they hit women? I would like your thought on this topic :D

Comments

• Options
    hitting people is wrong, the problem here is that hitting a girl is viewed as wrong because its a man hitting a woman, thats not he problem, the problem is one person hitting another
  • Options
    Yes they should. If woman have fought for so long for equal rights to men and have justified it by saying they are not inferior and can do what men can do, then they cant turn around and say you cant hit me because i am inferior to you.

Im not saying men should go out of ther way to hit woman, im just saying everyone should be equally smacked in the face.
  • Options
    Jonny8888 wrote:
    im just saying everyone should be equally smacked in the face.

You really do have a lovely way with words. I'm not sure that what you wrote is exactly what you meant.

Anywhoo.

It's assault either way.
  • Options
    people shouldnt hit people
  • Options
    Yes, violence may be wrong and unfair, but it doesnt change the fact it exists and that saying its wrong and unfair isnt going to do anything about it.
  • Options
    No-one said it didin't exist, they said it's illegal.

There is no different if it was male/male, female/female or male/female violence, it is the same offence. That is the "the social view of things".
  • Options
    I've been hit by a man. Hitting back caused me to be hit again harder. So...escalting violence...very pointless. Yes a man shouldn't hit a woman, but a woman shouldn't hit a man.

I mean there are physical arguments against men hitting women...but...a woman shouldn't provoke a man or think that being phsyically weaker and percieved as the 'weaker sex' should justify her hitting a man.

This is a tangling argument!
  • Options
    mmhmm but thers still that kind of traditional "you cant hit woman" thing lurking around.
  • Options
    you cant hit a man either, its still against he law
  • Options
    Hitting shouldn't occur at all..

I guess that the idea of "you can't hit a woman" stems from the view of patriarchy etc. I totally understand the perspective of equal rights but hitting is wrong. Full stop.
  • Options
    I dont think we're talking about the law. I think we are discussing the fact that many people still firmly believe that it is ok for men to hit men, or for woman to hit men, but not for men to hit woman. Regardless of the fact its illegal, do you think they have a good reason for saying its incorrect for a man to hit a woman?
  • Options
    no
  • Options
    Should sexist neanderthals be allowed to post on this site?

A girl is a female child - and clearly men should not be hitting them.

A woman is an adult female - and its illegal to use physical force on them too.

Why exactly are you asking for people's thoughts on this Caveman Qat?
  • Options
    I wouldn't hit a woman. Why would I have any need to?

I'm not physically strong enough to hit anyone anyway.
  • Options
    I usually stay clear of P & D but this is a subject that i wanted to add my opinion to.

Hitting anyone is wrong, period. Violance is wrong, period. My thought is that it is seen as wrong for a man to hit a woman because men are seen as, and typically are, bigger built than females, thus they can do serious harm to them, not to also mention again it is just pure wrong. I hope i get what im trying to say across properly, before anyone miscontrues my point and wants to bollock me.

Any thinking " If men can hit men, why cant they hit women " thats just stupid.

True, saying its wrong isnt going to deal with it, and of course it exists, it always will, there will always be aggresive people who resort to violence, against men and women. But stuff has to be done to make people realise it's not the right way. I'm going to shut up now.
  • Options
    Jonny8888 wrote:
    I dont think we're talking about the law. I think we are discussing the fact that many people still firmly believe that it is ok for men to hit men, or for woman to hit men, but not for men to hit woman. Regardless of the fact its illegal, do you think they have a good reason for saying its incorrect for a man to hit a woman?

Yes. Retaliating just causes further violence. You're not proving you're the 'better person' by hitting someone back. You're showing you're above the cowardice that is violence, by not hitting back.
  • Options
    Yes violence is wrong,.... doesnt change the fact it is there, doesnt change the fact many people think it is incorrect to hit woman but ok to hit men...
  • Options
    Jonny8888 wrote:
    Yes violence is wrong,.... doesnt change the fact it is there, doesnt change the fact many people think it is incorrect to hit woman but ok to hit men...

Who are "they"?
  • Options
    Jonny8888 wrote:

No one so far has denied it's existence dear. We know it's there. No has said though, that it's ok to hit men. Yes it does happen. No ones said is ok to though. But at the same time, it's not right to hit back at a woman, for the same reasons as a woman shouldn't hit back at a man.

I think that generally there is more emphasis placed on a man never hitting back at a woman. I know from experience that a bloke can do a hell of a lot more damage to me then I could ever do to them because I'm not phsyically capable, the fight it not evenly managed. But as has been said, the man should have never even contemplated raising his hand at me, let alone hitting me. Violence shouldn't begin - it does, but it shouldn't.
  • Options
    I hold to the rather old-fashioned view that men who hit women are cunts.
  • Options
    It's OK to hit women under the same circumstances as it is OK to hit men. It is also OK to hit girls under the same circumstances that it is to hit boys.
  • Options
    I really didn't create this thread on the clause of whether it is right to hit people in general, but to the specific beliefs that men shouldn't hit women as they aren't capable of handling it.

Please refrain from straying away form the topic which i brought up, as it is rather irritating, Cheers
  • Options
    I really didn't create this thread on the clause of whether it is right to hit people in general, but to the specific beliefs that men shouldn't hit women as they aren't capable of handling it.

Please refrain from straying away form the topic which i brought up, as it is rather irritating, Cheers

As people have said women on the whole are smaller and perhaps more delicate than men. For what reason would it be right for a man to hit a woman in your opinion? You keep telling us its apparantly fine. Justify this statement.
  • Options
    I am not saying it is fine to hit a woman, I am saying that it is no worse than a woman hitting a man.
  • Options

If men can hit men, in the social view of things, why cant they hit women? I would like your thought on this topic

Just to clarify what you're asking - if a man can hit a man, why not a woman? Answers have ranged from - violence is wrong, steps into legal territory...from a social view why can't men hit women. Because it's not acceptable. Nor is it aceptable for a woman to hit a man, or a man to hit a man.

I'm not 100% sure...what you're asking, which is why people 'straying' from the topic has happened.
  • Options
    I am not saying it is fine to hit a woman, I am saying that it is no worse than a woman hitting a man.

Why is this?
  • Options

...but the response you are getting is that most people don't think it is acceptable to hit either. It's you that applied the gender rule. Poepl don't seem to think that it's okay for a man to hit a man, therefore there is no difference to their view when it comes to a man hitting a woman. Therefore your assertion at the start is false, IMHO.

You think you can control these things? :lol:

Trust me, don't even try, you'll just get frustrated.
  • Options
    ...but the response you are getting is that most people don't think it is acceptable to hit either. It's you that applied the gender rule. Poepl don't seem to think that it's okay for a man to hit a man, therefore there is no difference to their view when it comes to a man hitting a woman. Therefore your assertion at the start is false, IMHO.

You think you can control these things? :lol:

Trust me, don't even try, you'll just get frustrated.

what you mean he will get frustrated?

the guy needs a good seeing to anyway
  • Options
    how so?
  • Options
    [EDIT]SERIOUSLY READ THIS, ITS A GEM[/EDIT]

you seem to be getting stressed over something that is unavoidable

if people never changed their minds in an argument, not necessarily viewpoints, but fine crtique and detail, they would not be able to counter act and envelope the oppositions argument.

moronic shouting and behaviour is usually the result of two or more groups of corresponding thoughts and ideas, differentiating between each other, and the same argument here and there

the art of arguing (including civilised) and discussion is like war, you can hammer home the same message, eg: i believe in this, they believe in that etc, but to win or lose you have to make inroads, gain some territory, rubbish what is said against you, counteract and spin what is damaging to yoruself, you cant do this by sticking to the same things time after time, nothing in the world would ever have been achieved if it wasnt for; not necessarily caving in and compromise, but the alteration and evolution of a discussion or forum of views

therefore while it seems like this place cant stay on topic for more than 5 posts at a time, and when it does, its only because people are shouting at each other, be thankful, even when everyone agrees on either a basic or a complicated viewpoint in here, never will any two viewpoints if thought out fully will be exactly the same, so how can we expect to stay on topic, when we have the problem even when people agree in principle and in fact

evolution of an argument/discussion is paramount to its survival and continuation, even when done improperly, if you expect it to happen with a well thought out and structured argument, its bound to happen when it evolves for all the wrong reasons (stupid people), especially in a place like this where a lot of people go.

life is diverse, thats why its interesting, doesnt matter if its morbid curiosity, a general passing interestt, or just plain and simple the discovery and investigation of the unknown which drives human kind, even if its simply to find the times for a bus or a train, and if life is diverse you cant expect to come onto a forum full of numb people like me, who havnt got the brain cells or the effort and inclination to write a post like this, so to end;

life is diverse, you dont like this thread going off topic? then go lock yourself in a room and repeat the words of your first post over and over again without changing, thats a lack of diversity and its seemingly what you wanted, a mass load of pointlessness, so why bother in the first place if that is what you wanted, please dont complain, play nicely with the local people, they might even be nice enough to sell you some begs

good morn to you all, this message was brought to you by an almightly sense of i really am annoyed and want to rant in a deepfelt and thoughtful manner