Home Politics & Debate
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨
Options

Big Lottery Fund

Comments

• Options
    Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    You're just proving further what a worthless rag it is.

I read a cracking story in "The Distortion of the Truth" about how an asylum seeker ran over a lady. Now if she'd got run over by anyone other than an asylum seeker do you think it would have made it into the national press? The Daily "Hate" Mail would make me laugh if i didn't think that people believed its distortions and lies.
    It prints the truth, its a pity you don't like the news that way Cap'n.
  • Options
    When are you going to answer my questions bonga? Not difficult.
  • Options
    Rich Kid wrote:
    When are you going to answer my questions bonga? Not difficult.

When are you going to address the points he, I and NQA have put to you over lottery funding?

The Daily Mail's a dishonest shitrag, btw, and apart from one loony website I wouldn't trust as a sorce I can find no reference to your story about Upton on Severen lfieboat - even on the Mail's own site!
  • Options
    NQA wrote:
    ...which include BMEs and Asylum seekers. As its part of the programme aimed at the most disadvantaged that seems fair.

It's not fair - because it's racist! Help Asylum seekers - fine, but if as you claim the aim is to help the most disadvantaged, there should be no reference to BMEs, because the disadvantaged include many more White Majority Ethnics equally deserving. Racist! And into the breach step the BNP! :no:
  • Options
    When are you going to answer my questions RK? Not difficult.

To recap -

You claim to be a business expert and a company director - which indutry do you work in?

Are you full time or part time?

Do you hold ANY qualifications is business or economics?
  • Options
    Rich Kid wrote:
    So whats your "in principle" answer?

I presume this is the question you wanted me to answer, and although I think I've already explained my view to it twice I will attempt again.

Local people should be encouraged to put forward bids for smaller grants for local projects, something that already happens, but could happen more.

Projects which are funded could be more broadcast, perhaps some bits of film before the Loto draw on a Saturday night to show people where the money goes.

But any attempt to get people to vote on which charities is bazar to me, there are hundreds if not thousands, how can you vote on that?
  • Options
    Rich Kid wrote:
    It prints the truth, its a pity you don't like the news that way Cap'n.

I don't doubt in the case that i cited earlier that an asylum seeker ran over someone. What i do question is why the hell it's national news!

You like what it prints because it's fits in nicely with the way you look at the world. It's quitely ignorant and offensive, and supports all those nasty niggling stereotypes and intolerances that you have.
  • Options
    Ibex wrote:
    When are you going to address the points he, I and NQA have put to you over lottery funding?

The Daily Mail's a dishonest shitrag, btw, and apart from one loony website I wouldn't trust as a sorce I can find no reference to your story about Upton on Severen lfieboat - even on the Mail's own site!
    You cheapskate, but buy the paper rather than read it on the web. The story is on page 10.

Heres another one:

A mountain rescue team in Lancashire was told its £200,000 bid to build an emergency response base did not meet the funds criteria of serving "the needs of those at greatest disadvantage in society."

The Dynamo Dykes Lesbian Volleyball Club got a grant though!
  • Options
    If dont actually provide sources Rich Kid we are going to assume that you have made them up.
  • Options
    Rich Kid wrote:
    A mountain rescue team in Lancashire was told its £200,000 bid to build an emergency response base did not meet the funds criteria of serving "the needs of those at greatest disadvantage in society."

Anybody who denies RK has a fair point is a pathological knee-jerk liberal. Find a balance boys!
  • Options
    Jim has asked me to tell you the source of these true stories and I have., trouble is bonga can't keep up.
  • Options
    Rich Kid wrote:
    Jim has asked me to tell you the source of these true stories and I have., trouble is bonga can't keep up.

No, you provided one source, about which I asked you a question which you ignored.
  • Options
    I've just found a story in the "The Sword of Truth":

"Illegal immigrants gang bang mother of two while stealing her job, claiming her benefits and nicking lottery funding that was due for her termially ill grandmother."

In other news: "Daily Mail fears Britain will sink due to massive influx of asylum seekers"
  • Options
    It's not fair - because it's racist! Help Asylum seekers - fine, but if as you claim the aim is to help the most disadvantaged, there should be no reference to BMEs, because the disadvantaged include many more White Majority Ethnics equally deserving. Racist! And into the breach step the BNP! :no:

Don't spout bollocks or I'll suspect you have an agenda. Its not racist to say that ethnic communities suffer disadvanatge which is different from the problems faced by the poor white and that it needs different solutions. If part of the problems you face is that people won't employ you because you have trouble speaking English a different solution may be needed than if you're unemployed because you spent twenty years down the pit and don't have any skills to get you a job.

Its a bit like saying that because I think that there needs to be money spent on old people's clubs that I don't think there should be money spent on youth clubs.

And if we take this discrimination argument to where you seem to want it why should lifeboats get money - as surely funding them discriminates against people who don't go near the sea.
  • Options
    Anybody who denies RK has a fair point is a pathological knee-jerk liberal. Find a balance boys!

What the fuck are you on about?

How the hell can you be a knee-jerk liberal?
  • Options
    Can anyone tell me if the lottery actually have to give any money to charity?

Also where abouts in Cheshire is this village hall as I live in Cheshire.
  • Options
    Rich Kid wrote:
    You cheapskate, but buy the paper rather than read it on the web. The story is on page 10.

Heres another one:

As someone who's dealt with grants it never ceases to suprise me that people don't look at what the grant was for before putting in a bid. If the grant is about social disadvantage a emergency response base is hardly likely to meet the criteria.
  • Options
    Rich Kid wrote:

Date, please.
    Heres another one:

Again, if you can reference that I'd be grateful - as well as suprised.

You completely ignored my first post on this thread, which pointed out that the Community Fund is only one of several lottery fund-awarding bodies, and that plenty of them dole out grants to all sorts of projects - some aimed at minorities, many not.

To inject a bit of balance into the argument, it might also be worth pointing out that a few years ago the lottery funds were being criticised for spending money on projects very much aimed - or at least seen to be aimed - at white middle class people, such as the Royal opera House refurbishment.
  • Options
    Can anyone tell me if the lottery actually have to give any money to charity?

Also where abouts in Cheshire is this village hall as I live in Cheshire.

Yes. Everytime you buy a ticket a certain amount is Camelot's turnover (including profit), a certain amount goes into prizes, a certain amount goes to the retailer and a certain amount goes to good causes.
  • Options
    bongbudda wrote:
    If dont actually provide sources Rich Kid we are going to assume that you have made them up.
    You can take it that my main source is the Sword of Truth, Britains favourite daily newspaper, the Daily Mail.

But even when I quote the SoT, people seem unwilling to accept it so whats the point - I wonder what our Mods think?
  • Options
    is this set down by law then that Camelot have to do it or do they do it voluntarily?
  • Options
    Let's give this discussion any more credit than it deserves. We all know what RK is trying to dress up with a nice Daily Mail bowtie.
  • Options
    Rich Kid wrote:
    the Sword of Truth, Britains favourite daily newspaper, the Daily Mail.

laughter_270.jpg
  • Options
  • Options
    is this set down by law then that Camelot have to do it or do they do it voluntarily?
    Camelot is a business, Richard Branson's not-for-profit offer was binned. Well we live in a Capitalist world don't we.
  • Options
    Rich Kid wrote:
    You can take it that my main source is the Sword of Truth, Britains favourite daily newspaper, the Daily Mail.

Except it isnt. But thats beside the point.

The issue is that no one believes you, so either accept that or provide a source we can all look at.

Oh, and you could answer my question about the website source you gave if you feel like it.
  • Options
    klintock wrote:
    What the fuck are you on about?

How the hell can you be a knee-jerk liberal?

Double standards 'r' us! :lol:
  • Options
    Rich Kid wrote:
    Camelot is a business, Richard Branson's not-for-profit offer was binned. Well we live in a Capitalist world don't we.

I don't think I quite understand here. Are you saying that Camelot voluntarily give charitable donations but are not legally obliged to do so? If so then how does anyone have the right to say what they donate to when they are doing it voluntarily?
  • Options
    Double standards 'r' us! :lol:

Nick Griffin? I thought you were meant to be in court?
  • Options
    Double standards 'r' us!

I am not a liberal.

So, what the fuck are you on about?