Home Politics & Debate
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨
Options

cannabis education march and rally may 15

Comments

• Options
    Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    Rich Kid wrote:
    No. They'll probably develop mental illness of some sort, and a some will go on to try harder drugs still convinced they'll be "in control" - famous last words as they shoot heroin into their arm for the 50th time as the "Junkie Monkey" sits gloating on their back.

I presume you can back up this claim that most will go on to develop mental illness, and of course you will know the difference between correllation and causation.
  • Options
    SkiveSkive Posts: 15,286 Skive's The Limit
    Rich Kid wrote:
    No. They'll probably develop mental illness of some sort, and a some will go on to try harder drugs still convinced they'll be "in control" - famous last words as they shoot heroin into their arm for the 50th time as the "Junkie Monkey" sits gloating on their back.

You really don't have a clue do you?
    Weekender Offender 
  • Options
    Skive wrote:
    You really don't have a clue do you?
    More than you my friend.
  • Options
    Rich Kid wrote:
    More than you my friend.

Well inform us then, tell us by what action cannabis is dangerous, how it works and what the probabilities are for harm. Its you civic duty.
  • Options
    bongbudda wrote:
    Well inform us then, tell us by what action cannabis is dangerous, how it works and what the probabilities are for harm. Its you civic duty.
    Stop trying to take the p*ss.You know only too well what the consequences are although some are in denial, thinking they can beat the Junkie Monkey - fact is no-one beats the Junkie Monkey.
  • Options
    No Rich Kid, you misunderstand me.

You openly said that you know more than Skive about the harm caused by cannabis, I am interested to know what I dont know. There are several users of the drug on here and I am sure they'd like to know too.
  • Options
    No. They probably will NOT develop a mental illness of some sorts. And it will NOT lead them to hard drugs in the majority of cases.

If you are concerned about "gateway" drugs that lead people to harder stuff, your beloved alcohol is by far the biggest and most dangerous culprit.
  • Options
    Why isnt caffine considered a gateway drug?

That is probably most peoples first experience with an intoxicant.

But then having said that kids spin round in the play ground to get intoxicated so perhaps that is the ultimate 'gateway' experience.
  • Options
    Aladdin wrote:
    No. They probably will NOT develop a mental illness of some sorts. And it will NOT lead them to hard drugs in the majority of cases.

If you are concerned about "gateway" drugs that lead people to harder stuff, your beloved alcohol is by far the biggest and most dangerous culprit.
    I thought our friend lamp boy would rush in to bolster up the case for the use of drugs, trying to portray them as some "harmless and fun" substances. They're anything but as the price you pay for them comes later. Fun first, pain later, as the Junkie Monkey extacts his price, and what a price it is. For "fun" soon turns to degredation, misery, mental illness, dependency, depression, loss of family and friends, the price is high, and ultimately an untimely death in some dirty filthy squat. Just another statistic, just another unnecessary death.
  • Options
    Rich Kid wrote:
    I thought our friend lamp boy would rush in to bolster up the case for the use of drugs, trying to portray them as some "harmless and fun" substances. They're anything but as the price you pay for them comes later. Fun first, pain later, as the Junkie Monkey extacts his price, and what a price it is. For "fun" soon turns to degredation, misery, mental illness, dependency, depression, loss of family and friends, the price is high, and ultimately an untimely death in some dirty filthy squat. Just another statistic, just another unnecessary death.

So you are saying that everyone who does cannabis will end up addicted then?
  • Options
    No. Read my posting.
  • Options
    Rich Kid wrote:
    No. Read my posting.

I have read it, to me it sounds like drugs are fun at first, then you get addicted, then you end up in a sqwat and die. Am I miss reading that?

If not all people get addicted after using cannabis, how many do you think?
  • Options
    The junkie monkey indeed.

It appears that our poor Rich Kid is now subject to the junkie monkey too - instead of getting out there, making more loveley money, and enjoying the trust fund he already has, or canvassing for his dreamdate Michael Howard, he is to be found haunched over a keyboard, addicted to thesite.org.

First the fun - then the pain......... indeed :hyper:
  • Options
    bongbudda wrote:
    If not all people get addicted after using cannabis, how many do you think?
    One is enough.
  • Options
    Rich Kid wrote:
    One is enough.

Enough for what?

Are you saying that because one cannabis user might get addicted it should be kept illegal?

Many people get addicted to alcohol, should we ban that or put heavy users into forced treatment?
  • Options
    More than one (millions more) get addicted to alcohol and end up beating their wives, losing their jobs, getting into fights, and even committing rape and murder.

So get off your high horse and quit your addiction to alcohol before you even think of lecturing others spoilt child.
  • Options
    hey rich kid

so who do you think sits at the top of the global drugs market then?

what do you think should be done about the cia's constant involvement with the drugs trade, from distributing acid through sandoz labs in the 60's, running smack through laos in the 70's and creating the crack explosion in LA in the 80's to fund the (illegal) war in Nicaragua

and it seems that heroin production has rocketed since the US took control of afghanistan - seems like the spooks are up to their old tricks

so what harsh punishment would you reccommend rich kid?

George Bush senior was in charge of the CIA throughout some of these periods, what should we do with him?

and if you think british spooks are any different then you aint paying attention - they just dont get caught out as often as the muppets at the cia
  • Options
    Aladdin wrote:
    More than one (millions more) get addicted to alcohol and end up beating their wives, losing their jobs, getting into fights, and even committing rape and murder.
    So following your logic because alcohol is bad we should also legalise all drugs?
  • Options
    SkiveSkive Posts: 15,286 Skive's The Limit
    Rich Kid wrote:
    So following your logic because alcohol is bad we should also legalise all drugs?

Where did anybody say that?

Here you are arging that drug users are scum yet alcohol costs the tax payer more than all the illegal drugs put together. It's is also involved in the majority of violent crime.

That doesn't mean that if you drink alcohol you have to become become a rapist or an alcoholic though does it?
    Weekender Offender 
  • Options
    Rich Kid wrote:

There is certainly a good arguement for that yes.

All recreational drugs (excluding cocaine) should be, eventually legalised, and heroin should be available on prescription.

The one exception I have trouble with is cocaine, its one that to my mind no one has a decent answer for.
  • Options
    Rich Kid wrote:

Yes, I think all drugs should be legalised. As do many professionals working in the substance misuse field, many top police officers, health professionals and some MP's.
  • Options
    Blagsta wrote:
    Yes, I think all drugs should be legalised. As do many professionals working in the substance misuse field, many top police officers, health professionals and some MP's.

i am a doctor, and believe it or not, i do agree with that. MOST ( not all ) drugs should be legalized
  • Options
    I think one of the biggest, simplest and legally easiest things to do would be give out heroin on prescription FAR more often.
  • Options
    bongbudda wrote:
    I think one of the biggest, simplest and legally easiest things to do would be give out heroin on prescription FAR more often.

And cannabis, for such horrible and chronic discomfort from such things as itchy hair, stubbed toes and a tickly nose.

Ouch. Makes me cringe just thinking about them.
  • Options
    To legalise cannabis we would have to get out of UN treaties, which would be very difficult.

To downgrade heroin to Class C and have it available on script would not go against the treaty and therefore the UN couldnt get angry. The US might but thats another matter.

Heroin addicts need heroin, why not give it to them and cut out the black market. Virtually all the harm from heroin comes from it being illegal.
  • Options
    bongbudda wrote:
    To legalise cannabis we would have to get out of UN treaties, which would be very difficult.

To downgrade heroin to Class C and have it available on script would not go against the treaty and therefore the UN couldnt get angry. The US might but thats another matter.

Heroin addicts need heroin, why not give it to them and cut out the black market. Virtually all the harm from heroin comes from it being illegal.

Why can't we back out of the treaties? What would be the consequences of doing so?

Geniune questions.
  • Options
    And cannabis, for such horrible and chronic discomfort from such things as itchy hair, stubbed toes and a tickly nose.

Ouch. Makes me cringe just thinking about them.

What? You mean instead of conditions like multiple sclerosis, AIDs AND brain cancers

Do they make you cringe as well?

:confused:
  • Options
    What? You mean instead of conditions like multiple sclerosis, AIDs AND brain cancers

Do they make you cringe as well?

:confused:

Politics and a piss take musn't go together very well ;[
  • Options
    Why can't we back out of the treaties? What would be the consequences of doing so?

Geniune questions.

Basically we would have to stand up in the UN and go against virtually every other signature on the treaty and say 'we want to leave please'

At which point both the UN and the US (the US mainly) would get angry because we would be making them look like an arse.

Potentially there could be sanctions against us, but at the very least our relationship with many countries and the UN would be damaged seriously. This could well lead to worse trans-atlantic and EU trade.

Oh, and after we had finished with the UN we'd have to go to the EU and do the same thing.
  • Options
    bongbudda wrote:
    Basically we would have to stand up in the UN and go against virtually every other signature on the treaty and say 'we want to leave please'

At which point both the UN and the US (the US mainly) would get angry because we would be making them look like an arse.

Potentially there could be sanctions against us, but at the very least our relationship with many countries and the UN would be damaged seriously. This could well lead to worse trans-atlantic and EU trade.

Oh, and after we had finished with the UN we'd have to go to the EU and do the same thing.

Ah. I take it Holland, Canada and Switzerland never singed these treaties?