Home Politics & Debate
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨
Options

cannabis education march and rally may 15

Comments

• Options
    Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    Rich Kid wrote:
    In a general sense I would say that anyone who admits to taking drugs is a druggie, seems reasonable to me.

What do you mean by that then? Because it is quite a loaded term.
  • Options
    anyone with a name like rich kid, which as we know now is obviously not a piss take, it obviously a ponce
  • Options
    Aladdin wrote:
    Well I am a moderate consumer of cannabis, ecstasy and cocaine. So unless you are willing to retract your suggestion spoilt child, you shall hereby be known to me as the hypocrite pisshead.
    If thats what you want to do so be it but I think its wrong, I strongly disagree with it. Do you drink alcohol, smoke tobacco or sniff glue as well?

I cannot be a pisshead because I never get drunk.
  • Options
    Rich Kid wrote:
    If thats what you want to do so be it but I think its wrong, I strongly disagree with it.
    That doesn't make it 'wrong' I'm afraid.
    Do you drink alcohol, smoke tobacco or sniff glue as well?
    Yes, no, no.
    I cannot be a pisshead because I never get drunk.
    Ha! In denial eh?
  • Options
    Aladdin I respect your different view on these matters and your chosen life-style although I totally disagree with it.

I'm just surprised that you seem to need all these substances.
  • Options
    if ou want to stand by that statement rk, give up drinking
  • Options
    Rich Kid wrote:
    Aladdin I respect your different view on these matters and your chosen life-style although I totally disagree with it.

I'm just surprised that you seem to need all these substances.
    I don't need them. I like them- just as you like alcohol.
  • Options
    Rich Kid wrote:
    read my post my friend.

I have, its nonsense.
  • Options
    Aladdin wrote:
    I don't need them. I like them- just as you like alcohol.
    You like them? I find it difficult to comprehend how you can like them.

I may have a glass of wine with a meal but thats in a totally different league to indulging in the three substances you mention - how often do you use them?
  • Options
    Rich Kid wrote:
    You like them? I find it difficult to comprehend how you can like them.

?
    further proof of your ignorance dick.
    do you honestly believe people smoke weed cos it is horrible?
    do you think queen victoria and millions of other victorians used coke and opium cos it was awful?
    do you realise the vast majority of the admiralty and the house of lords and commons ...were opium and cocaine users ...for pleasure ...with few problems?
  • Options
    Not very often. But each has its own very enjoyable characteristics, when done at the right time, right amount and right environment.

Have you got any bad experiences with any of them? Ecstasy in particular is an incredibly enjoyable experience. It can also be very spiritual, and you might be suprised to learn that many religious people- including the old monk- have taken ecstasy to communicate with God and/or enjoy their faith better.
  • Options
    dick ...check out the word spiritistic.
    it comes from the word ...pharmacia.
  • Options
    Never tried any illegal substance and have no desire to. I can live without them. As I've said a glass of wine with a meal is enough for me.
    I've no wish to snort the marching powder and have half my nose eaten away. I like to be grounded in reality rather than float away in a drug-fuelled stupor.
  • Options
    Rich Kid wrote:
    I like to be grounded in reality rather than float away in a drug-fuelled stupor.
    you realy haven't a clue about this subject have you.
    how the hell did we come to have the greatest navy and fighting force in the world with the four most common chemical pleasures being alcohol coke cannabis and opium?
  • Options
    why is sherlock jholmes ...depicted as a morphine and cocaine addict?
    cos it was highly fashionable amongst the middle classes of the day.
  • Options
    Cocaine does not have that effect (the floating away in a drug-fuelled alternative reality, that is).

At the end of the day it is a personal decision. I respect your decision not to touch the stuff. But you and others should respect the decision of those of us who make a personal choice to take certain drugs for recreation.

And yes, it can get out of control. But that applies to everything else from alcohol to gambling. So far as the person in question minds their own business and their drug-taking doesn't affect others or their environemnts, it is really not for anyone else to do anything about it.
  • Options
    how the hell did we come to have the greatest navy and fighting force in the world with the four most common chemical pleasures being alcohol coke cannabis and opium?
    I don't think a navy could be effective if its crew members were drugged and/or drunk. I thought buggery was their motivation.
  • Options
    I like to be grounded in reality

See a Gp and get a referral to a trick cyclist mate. (Unless you are trolling that is)

You are as mad as a hatstand.
  • Options
    Rich Kid wrote:
    I don't think a navy could be effective if its crew members were drugged and/or drunk. I thought buggery was their motivation.
    then your knowledge of british history is sadly lacking.
  • Options
    how about the fact that the best literature and poetry in the whole of western society was fueled by opium?
  • Options
    and seeing as you want to bring jesus into this thread regarding alcohol ...
    notice that it is his first miracle.
    it aint life saving ...it aint even important.
    he was at the wedding of a reasonably wealthy man.
    they had loads of wine but drank it all.
    now if jesus was like you ...his first miracle would have been getting them all home safely but no ...he produces more booze!
    and the people declare it to be the best they ever had!
    he could of course have been like you ...he could have set an example ...'don't you think you've had enough lads' ...
  • Options
    if dick is a reasonably educated man ...and he believes the shit he talks ...if he is this ignorant of reality ...it's fucking scary that there are many more of him out there like this.

dick ...the illegal drugs turn over in the uk is estimated to be around seven to ten billion quid a year ...how many other companies are selling products on that scale within the uk's borders?

how come the nhs hasn't collapsed?
  • Options
    Rich Kid wrote:
    Never tried any illegal substance and have no desire to. I can live without them. As I've said a glass of wine with a meal is enough for me.

Yes, and Aladdin can live without them too.

You are totally missing the point, Aladdin much like the over whelming majority of users is NOT addicted. They take the drugs because they enjoy them, not because they need them.

Just because one drug is illegal and another not doesnt make any ethical difference to the consumption itself.
  • Options
    then your knowledge of british history is sadly lacking.
    To quote Churchill, the navy exists on "rum, buggery and the lash", he should know he was a statesman, a historian and a First Lord of the Admirality.
  • Options
    And what a bloody success he was at it too, I believe they are comemorating his 'acheivement' in Turkey now.
  • Options
    how about the fact that the best literature and poetry in the whole of western society was fueled by opium?
    The Sistine Chapel was painted by a queer but whats that got to do with the price of fish?
  • Options
    if dick is a reasonably educated man ...and he believes the shit he talks ...if he is this ignorant of reality ...it's fucking scary that there are many more of him out there like this.
    Why scary MR? There are millions of normal decent people out there like, people who believe in a structured society instead of a "anything goes" society.
    dick ...the illegal drugs turn over in the uk is estimated to be around seven to ten billion quid a year ...how many other companies are selling products on that scale within the uk's borders?
    Thats a lot of money going into the criminal underworld and you cannot deny that drug addiction brings untold misery and eventually death to many many people, their families and friends. I do not buy the line that "we control our drugs, they don't control us", you're in denial my friends, ultimately drugs will win and you will lose, and pay in degradation & misery, and death.
    When you sup with the devil you always pay the price.
  • Options
    Rich Kid wrote:
    Thats a lot of money going into the criminal underworld and you cannot deny that drug addiction brings untold misery and eventually death to many many people, their families and friends. I do not buy the line that "we control our drugs, they don't control us", you're in denial my friends, ultimately drugs will win and you will lose, and pay in degradation & misery, and death.
    When you sup with the devil you always pay the price.

So you are suggesting that everyone who smokes cannabis goes on to have an addiction and die?
  • Options
    bongbudda wrote:
    So you are suggesting that everyone who smokes cannabis goes on to have an addiction and die?
    No. They'll probably develop mental illness of some sort, and a some will go on to try harder drugs still convinced they'll be "in control" - famous last words as they shoot heroin into their arm for the 50th time as the "Junkie Monkey" sits gloating on their back.
  • Options
    SkiveSkive Posts: 15,286 Skive's The Limit
    Rich Kid wrote:
    There are millions of normal decent people out there.

...and a lot of them use drugs recreationally.

There is no such thing as normal and please expalin how someone who takes drugs cannot be decent?
    Weekender Offender