Home Drink & Drugs
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨
Options

why mdma is the question

Comments

• Options
    Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    Indeed, if you need to use much more than 120mg to start with then you're tolerance is of concern.

Oh and your inbox is full AGAIN you muppet.
  • Options
    done :D
  • Options
    turlough and a few others

thats true...i can honestly say that i've never taken E's without drinking...it's all caught up with me now...at least i'm learning and moving on...some people would still be caning like fuck...well i actually did cane like fuck but now i've definately turned a new leaf...call me an amateur all ya want but when i did go out on the weekend, i fucking went mental more than most...there just gets a time in your life when drink is the only drug you want to touch...and thats the only one for me (for now ;) )
  • Options
    the nice and exciting MDMA/Buckfast experience :D

yeh it's some buzz...buckfast actually acts as a stimulant...there's caffeine in it so it sends you nuts and add that with yokes you're flying...literally

i met some girl from southhampton at a house party there on saturday....haven't got a fucking clue what she was doing up here, i was fucking pissed as fuck and started shouting at her "Do you know martin bashir from the internet" like repeatedly shouted it at her...she was gonna kill me :crazyeyes
  • Options
    yeah you stick to that nice safe alcohol and you'll be fine :rolleyes:

glad to have had a positive influence on your life :D for one thing my name isnt Martin Bashir and in case you are wondering i am not asian
  • Options
    yeah you stick to that nice safe alcohol and you'll be fine :rolleyes:

glad to have had a positive influence on your life :D for one thing my name isnt Martin Bashir and in case you are wondering i am not asian

i'd rather go out on a friday and saturday night and get completely pissed than go out, get pissed, take loads of E's and smoke a load of dope, you talk about harm minimilisation, thats the best i can do, and no, going out without a buzz is impossible for me, seriously, i just can't do it...so alcohol will do fine :D

i know your name isn't martin bashir, just when she said "i'm from southhamton" (in this awful english acient btw) i just started shouting does she know you, too drunk to have any common sense tbh...
  • Options
    i know mate you dont have to justify yourself to me, im really sorry about the way that was worded im sure it came off as very condescending even thought it wasnt meant that way. When i came off dope and pills all i could do at the weekend was to get battered on booze.

Its a similar story, you can let go of the drug but its the boredom that gets you. Eventually you may find your drink use subsiding, but thats only going on my experience.
  • Options
    i know mate you dont have to justify yourself to me, im really sorry about the way that was worded im sure it came off as very condescending even thought it wasnt meant that way. When i came off dope and pills all i could do at the weekend was to get battered on booze.

Its a similar story, you can let go of the drug but its the boredom that gets you. Eventually you may find your drink use subsiding, but thats only going on my experience.

ha it's alright mate! didn't take offence really...yeh i reckon i'll get sick of drink aswell and just be "normal" whatever normal means...i'm quite a hyperactive person, sorta need to be doing something all the time, sitting in a pub looking at your mates getting drunk is not a pleasurable experience...

i actually don't know why everyone just goes crazy at the weekend, i suppose you could talk about alienation and all that but there's no real need for it, is there, yet every friday night you'll see about 50 people in a group with drink and drugs just wrecking their heads and their lives and they're oblivious to it, my mate said it the best to me "we're all driving each other nuts"
  • Options
    I haven't taken MDMA yet...

One of my dealers in Edinburgh told me he picks it up for £11.00 a gram. At that price would you question it's purity?

He'd probably sell it on for about £30.00 a gram I would suspect. I'm tempted to experiment :chin:
  • Options
    at any price i would question its purity, i mean; how would you know? its not like theres a 14 day money back guarentee...
  • Options
    He could buy it for that, drugs can always be cheap if you buy enough, if he's shifting the stuff by the ounce then he may well get it that cheap.

Though dealers who shift amounts like that dont normally tell people their wholesale price.

The general price per gram for MDMA is between £30 and £50 depending on its strength.
  • Options
    Depends on the dealer, some just put a mark up on it and dont touch it.
  • Options
    JadedJaded Posts: 2,682 Boards Guru
    wazabob wrote:
    Please can someone explain the full logistics of this mdma, i mean i take pills you see(ecstacy) and everyone is talking about this new drug, i know that mdma is the ecstacy but its just pure, but then some other people say its not pure? god its just confusing me this drug, what do you recommend or think about this powder form mdma

Wasabob, you have probably worked it out by now, but MDMA isn't a new drug. When ecstacy first started being used in pill form, the vast majority of it was MDMA. For various reasons, including inept chemists, unscrupulous dealers and market preference, that isn't the case today.
  • Options
    It depends where you are in the World and what test results you read.

From what I can gather most active pills in the UK will contain MDMA, though many with trace amounts of MDA.

However, in other parts of the World, Auz for example speed is mixed in more often, and in the US contaminants are also more common.
  • Options
    theres something horribly ironic about the fact that the US was the source of 'calis' or the damn good pills that fuelled parties like Sunrise, Energy and Biology in the late 80's...its now the source of some of the most dodgy....oh and meth..
  • Options
    Mmm, DXM with your MDMA, you know you love it.
  • Options
    REAAACH FOR THE LASERSSS.....argh! its the aliens they're shooting at me :nervous:
  • Options
    I've got a huge spike in blood pressure and seritonin syndrome, but who cares the bloke making the pills has made $20 off me.
  • Options
    what does DXM do when mixed with MDMA, is there any interaction?
  • Options
    Yes, DXM has a MOAI action, which as you will know isnt all that great when mixed with something like MDMA.

There havent been any reports of people getting full blown seritonin syndrome I have read, but it is possible with these two drugs and there have been reports of people being taken to hospital with presumed problems after this combination.
  • Options
    so SSRI's could have the same potential effect?
  • Options
    It would appear not no. SSRI's are different, thus the selective bit, MOAI's are far more likely to interact with things, they are considered a much blunter tool, they were the first anti-depressant drugs and some of them could even interact with strong cheese!

MOAI's with MDMA is potentially very dangerous, where as MDMA with an SSRI seems to block the action.
  • Options
    this is what i cant get my head around, i know how they both work but you would have thought there would be at least some overlap...

The fact that SSRI's reduce or cancel out the effects of MDMA mean theres something going on we dont quite understand yet...i certainly cant fathom it...
  • Options
    I think it is because of SSRI's action at stabilising the seritonin levels, you talk to anyone who has taken SSRI's and one of the biggest draw backs is that they stabilise the emotions too much.

You end up slightly happier but without the ups and downs that normal people have.

It is this preventative action on ups and downs I think which blocks the MDMA's action.
  • Options
    yeah but all i have read says that this is the suspected result but they cant nail down how its happening...the result is plain to see but the workings are a mystery if you like...

"its a helping hand that makes you feel wonderfully bland"
  • Options
    Well I certainly dont understand the microscopic science behind SSRI's, their action isnt perfectly understood by medicine at all, let alone with MDMA thrown in.
  • Options
    ...as timothy leary eventually said at some point :D (about acid)
  • Options
    And what a nice bloke he was eh?

What was it that Hunter said 'pity those poor fools who think they can buy peace, love and understanding for two bucks a hit'
  • Options
    mmm or 3.50 as someone has recently said :yeees:
  • Options
    I think that quote works quite well for young pill users too.