Home Drink & Drugs
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨

why mdma is the question

Comments

• Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    It is when you're used to having just 2 joints and falling asleep... :)
    suppose but it also depends how strong the stuff your smoking is, are you smoking weed or hash?
    It was good weed - don't get on with hash personally.

To be honest, I simply shouldn't have hit the bong quite so many times in a row: I've been fine before and since with a joint or two at the tail end of a heavy night...that one incident was me being a bit over-zealous and getting carried away with how much I could handle (i'm a bit of a lightweight). :D
    It does get wierd though on the tailend of any stimulant effects when you start a smoking session.
    Hehe, you're telling me. I love it, and am a little scared of it simultaneously!
    I know what you mean, i've always wondered how eating some hash or weed would feel on the tailend..it's very strong as it is whenever sober before eating cannabis
    ive seen regular (but not hard) users of weed get knocked for 6 when a unusually strong batch comes along

things happen
  • SkiveSkive Posts: 15,282 Skive's The Limit
    You wanna knock that weed shit on the head mate - it can't be good for you.

Stick to class A's like me. :D
    Weekender Offender 
    Class A's?

Vitamin C mate.

'kin hardcore. ;)
    turlough wrote:
    ...closed my eyes, opened them and next thing i know i'm in a forest with red fireworks exploding on the walls, monks on boats rowing down the nile below the pyramids of giza, one of many sub-trips inside the major trip, my friend turning into an elf, me turning into a leopard...

giz a go at that :D

im quite accustomed to smoking myself stupid when i start to comedown .. fairly takes the edge off it :D

even the thought of no weed coming down :nervous:
    http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/northern_ireland/4468537.stm

talk about getting done for drugs...this boy was known for being a dealer and thats what the word is on the street for him being down...
  • SkiveSkive Posts: 15,282 Skive's The Limit
    Chem:Lab wrote:
    Class A's?

Vitamin C mate.

'kin hardcore. ;)

Pills and powders, nose bleeds and belly aches all the way mate.
    Weekender Offender 
    Tell me about it.

Managed to wander about at my own houseparty the other week with a nosebleed. By the time someone politely pointed it out, it'd dried all hard and crusty on my upper lip.
    turlough wrote:
    http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/northern_ireland/4468537.stm

talk about getting done for drugs...this boy was known for being a dealer and thats what the word is on the street for him being down...

Holy fuck, it's a bit shocking when you hear of this being done locally to people you know.
    yes well swings and roundabouts because you could say that about anything, but certainly by the same token you can learn from anything, not too sure about the 'no bad trips bit though'...

Its a reaction though, if you think about it in a learning way then its infinately better than just thinking 'oh I wish it would stop' a million times over and over.
    some people wish they hadnt learned certain things though...while i take your point from a conceptual knowledge point of view i dont accept that this is universally true. Like everything, im sure and have read accounts to the fact that some trips can just be complete bollocks and not worth the time or stress.

I can see the point of not sitting in a corner going 'I wish this would stop' for hours on end but sometimes its not possible. If at all possible you should engage with your trip and try to positivise it through changing your environment or other means, because if you do sit around wishing for it to stop then chances are you will have a bad experience.
    Exactly, thats what I mean, it is the mind set which you have when you are there.

A lot of people if things go a bit wierd freak out and sort of curl up into a ball and wait for it to stop. This is wrong.

Embrace the wierdness and it will be your friend.
    hmmm certainly one thing we could do with more of; trip education.
    Having said all this its not a good reason to just knock back any old thing in massive doses thinking you'll be fine. As you said you may learn something you'd rather not.
    recurring nightmares are no fun and neither is post traumatic stress, so take care...
    Blimey, have you had that?
    no but particularly traumatic trips are known to be catalysts for it, although such severely traumatic trips are not 'common'...
    Definately, that sterotypical idea of horrid flashbacks scaring you for life are generally a work of fiction.
    yes it does take something pretty damn horrific, not just weird or unnerving but genuinely horrific to induce such drastic symptoms.
    I know this doesnt exactly go with the flow of conversation... but i didnt want to make another thread.

today i was talking about taking ecstacy to my friend and he goes "nooo dont do that shit everytime you do it it eats a chunk of your brain" so naturally i told him to stop listening to the bullshit that the american government says... but then he tells me a story about a girl he knew that did e about 3 times a weekend for 3 months, had a seziure (whilst on it, i think), was in a coma for a few days and now is a vegetable. I told him that it wasnt necessarily from the e that she took, but he didnt believe me.

What do you all think?
    bongbudda wrote:
    Exactly, thats what I mean, it is the mind set which you have when you are there.

A lot of people if things go a bit wierd freak out and sort of curl up into a ball and wait for it to stop. This is wrong.

Embrace the wierdness and it will be your friend.

Not easy to do if you're thinking you're dying or have gone insane...

Sometimes withdrawing and weathering the storm is the only option...although a change of scenery/room/music etc often works.

Some people just can't handle pyschedelic drugs at all, however. A sign of which is often a seemingling bizarre preference of soapbar over real weed...the "I don't like to get too stoned" brigade.
    SOPH1A wrote:
    I know this doesnt exactly go with the flow of conversation... but i didnt want to make another thread.

today i was talking about taking ecstacy to my friend and he goes "nooo dont do that shit everytime you do it it eats a chunk of your brain" so naturally i told him to stop listening to the bullshit that the american government says... but then he tells me a story about a girl he knew that did e about 3 times a weekend for 3 months, had a seziure (whilst on it, i think), was in a coma for a few days and now is a vegetable. I told him that it wasnt necessarily from the e that she took, but he didnt believe me.

What do you all think?

might well be true but it's a very rare thing...you can take e's every weekend for a year and be relatively ok, take one and fuck yourself up forever, however, in terms of safeness, ecstacy is a safer drug than most out there...just be careful thats all...
    turlough wrote:
    ecstacy is a safer drug than most out there...just be careful thats all...

That's actually quite misleading.

MDMA is relatively safe (in terms of the number of people who could have a fatal reaction to it). The problem with pills is that they do not often contain MDMA - they can contain a range of chemicals from MDMA, MDA, MDBD, various other derivates of MD**, speed, DXM, PMA and other stuff which you might usually find beneath your kitchen sink.

It's these latter substances that represent the danger, rather than MDMA.

:edit:

not wanting to sound harsh...sorry if it read like that. :)
    i know where you're coming from...i'm pretty sure there was this type of pill recently that had something fucked up other than MDMA in it...i ended up eating like 40 in the space of a week there over christmas :crazyeyes changed me for the good i think...
    Got back to university in Edinburgh there on Wednesday. Bought a gram of MDMA (or Mandy, as I found out they call it here) that evening. It is very crystalline and takes a while to crush and cut up. It also has a red tinge to it which I assume is due to some impurity. Not exactly sure what though.

Anyway I took some on Wednesday night, just a little to test it, but it ended up bringing me up so strong that I went and lay on my bed for a while as I came up! Took another couple of lines last night after coming back from the pub. Was fucking brilliant. It's almost too cainable. Hurt like fuck inside my nose for a while, alot harsher than any cocaine or speed I have had before. But the euphoria was amazing. I just took it by myself because my flatmates weren't bothered and I was just sitting there mooned listening to some Brazilian drum & bass! Enjoyable stuff.

No comedown either. Obviously the phrase 'the higher you go, the harder you fall' doesn't totally apply here as it does with alot of other things I've sampled. Feel a bit weird today, no appetite and desire to smoke joints. But apart from that no nastiness.

Verdict: success :yes: