Home Drink & Drugs
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨
Options

why mdma is the question

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
Please can someone explain the full logistics of this mdma, i mean i take pills you see(ecstacy) and everyone is talking about this new drug, i know that mdma is the ecstacy but its just pure, but then some other people say its not pure? god its just confusing me this drug, what do you recommend or think about this powder form mdma

Comments

• Options
    MDMA powder generally sells for more on the pretext that it is more 'pure' than pills but there is no way of proving this from batch to batch.

With MDMA powder there seems to be the likelyhood that it will actually be MDMA not any of the other Phenylamine drugs like MDA or MDEA (relatives in the amphetamine family to MDMA). Of course all powders on the market are going to be stepped on or cut with adulterants to maximise profit, but alot of MDMA powder is ususally better quality than pills because it can be sold for more and has a better name these days (if they make it too shitty people wont come back for more).

Remember when you do MDMA powder you are probably dealing with a much stronger version than bog standard pill; please do not go caining it like a handful of beans because if it is very pure it will bitch slap you on the comedown. Snorting MDMA powder will hurt like fuck as well, as MDMA is course, crystaline powder that is not easy on the skin or nasal membrane.

If you bomb it, do so with caution and increment the dose steadily and only after you have given it time for the effects of the intial dose to fully develop. With good quality MDMA powder you may find you dont actually need to do that much to get a good effect. Dont go mad with it; enjoy the experience and dont think just coz its in your pocket you have to do more.

MDMA is only dose sensitive to a certain degree, you can only come up so far. Dropping 10 beans for example may mena nyou are wasting beans because you hit the 'ceiling' on your 5th or 6th.

MDMA powder can be a very enjoyable and wonderful experience if taken with the right people who you trust and in a manner and place where you feel comfortable, do not abuse it and treat with caution.
  • Options
    Never had it in powder form before but I assume it's alot cleaner and no comedown, that's providing you get pure stuff.

Dealers could cut it with something thus making it less pure and more money for them, that's the chance you have to take.

I don't recommend taking anything on this site, it's a harm reducation place. ;)
  • Options
    that doesnt mean a substance cant be enjoyable ;)

Be careful with that 'no comedown' statement mate, it isnt exactley true.

Theres this myth that pill comedowns stem from adulterants in the pill, this isnt entirely true. Comedowns are in fact a combination of stresses on the body that conspire to manifest into a comedown. These can be tiredness from prolonged physical activity (raving it up :D ) and/or from the presence of too many toxins in the system from adulterants in the pill, too much MDMA in the dose or from other chemicals consumed along with it (the body doesnt like being hit with two or more things at once).

After use of MDMA there is more often than not a temporary state of serotonin (5HT) depletion in the brain which takes a period of time to normalise, depending on how much MDMA has been taken.

Perhaps the most prolific and well known recorder of its effects, Dr Alexander Shulgin claimed in his subjective experiments (he tested only on himself) that a dose of between 75-120mg of MDMA resulted in no serious after effects. This does not apply in the case of MDMA powder for several reasons.

Firstly Shulgin is brilliant chemist and would have been able to dose himself accurately, something no one can with a bag of powder. Secondly Shulgins experiments were subjective and only prove how it effects him. Each person's brain chemistry will be different and thus effect how much or many comedown symptoms exhibit themselves, however i would infer there are a great many people who do share the ability to handle Psychotropics are well as Dr Shulgin (we are talking about a man who really has taken most everything and is still in full possetion of his brilliant intellect after years of experimentation).

I wouldnt like to bet (although they do exist) there are a majority who could do this.
  • Options
    Aye I know what you mean
  • Options
    shogun when was the last time you took one pill on its own with absolutely nothing else?
  • Options
    Don't know, always get drunk and then decide it's good to get some, it's the same with everyone round here, start off with the drink..
  • Options
    yeah thats what im getting at. Find me someone who takes a pill in sensible measures in isolation, then we'll argue about the merits of individual beans
  • Options
    Yea I know...with lots of drink you can't expect to feel good the next day.
  • Options
    weed and alcohol make me feel awful, and im sure Skive's said this many times as well so :crazyeyes: anything that can effect him is bad shit
  • Options
    weed and alcohol together is one of the best combos about I think, dosen't make me feel sick or get the 'spins' as some of you have said on here before, yes i've taken a whitey in the past due to large amounts of both but i haven't had that in a long time. That's tolerance for you.
  • Options
    yeah true...i've heard similar stuff from the rest of the Murphia on this board about E's and drinking, you are playing with fire gents theres more than one guy on this board who found out the hard way...do be careful sunshine
  • Options
    who's that?
  • Options
    stevemilne, turlough and a few others
  • Options
    how are they to do with drinking and e's or are you on about head being wrecked?
  • Options
    no you said thats just what happens around your way and i just said that i'd heard similar tales from them, indicating that this is widespread behaviour in your manner.
  • Options
    ah rite yea, stevey wouldn't drink as much before pills but i dunno..there is a certain feeling to getting drunk and then getting out of it.
  • Options
    yeah as usual though im looking at the boring bastard effect on the liver rather than the nice and exciting MDMA/Buckfast experience :D
  • Options
    :D
  • Options
    i mean if you do end up doing it again, you might want to just try one pill in isolation, just to see what the difference is. and dont exhert yourself too much, just try and have a chilled one with some good mates and see what happens.
  • Options
    i snorted 1/4 gram of pure mdma a few weeks ago about 6 hours into an acid trip ... didn't affect me too well due to my shitty huge mdma tolerance (been about 3 weeks now so hopefully they'll work soon :() but it was alright (in comparison to necking a few pills and them doing nothing)
  • Options
    sorry to spoil your fun z01 but any tolerance you develop to MDMA will only increase and never decrease, at least in your lifetime.

MDMA tolerance builds far more rapidly than it decreases. It does decrease over time, but only at a rate that would take centuries to disappear completely. If you go caining MDMA, you are stuck with what you are left with im afraid.
  • Options
    If you snorted 250mg of powder and didnt feel it at all, either you have one of the highest tolerances I've ever heard of, or that wasnt 250mg of MDMA, more like half that.

The difference between powder and pills is virtually totally subjective, people expect a better experience so they get one.

However, a lot of pills do test with trace amounts of MDA, which would lead to a less 'clean' high.
  • Options
    yeah but bong the '6 hours into an acid trip' thing might have something to do with it, although i agree it cant have been tolerance alone to completely pure powder.
  • Options
    Like what? LSD has next to no impact upon the seritonin receptors.

I suppose if he had taken 400 or more mcg then he might not have felt it, but then how did he manage to snort it?
  • Options
    no what im talking about is subjectivity, it plays a large part in sensations of pleasure and pain, and particularly how they are remembered. I didnt mean to suggest and kind of 'numbing' effect; all i was suggesting that it may have been one of a number of factors conspiring to rob this person of their expected MDMA effect.
  • Options
    Yes, and one of those factors I believe was his dealer.
  • Options
    JadedJaded Posts: 2,682 Boards Guru
    bongbudda wrote:
    Yes, and one of those factors I believe was his dealer.
    :lol:
  • Options
    :lol:

i think i said that earlier, im just saying that however much of it was step on, anything left behind could have been blighted by the acid experience. Having already covered the aforementioned and more likely possibility i thought we should explore other areas of influence as well....oh go back to sleep grandad
  • Options
    oh go back to sleep grandad

You're not my grandson! Where's my lunch?!

Anyway, yes, you're quite right, the LSD could have over powered any experience from the MDMA. But we all know that 250mg snorted will produce an effect in even the most hardened pill taker. And its seriously unwise.
  • Options
    just a bit...dose yourself like its pure kids...