Home Politics & Debate
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨
Options

God Bless America!

Comments

• Options
    Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    Rich Kid wrote:
    God bless America! It helped free the world from Nazi & Japanese domination during WW2. It faced down Communism and broke the Evil Empire, resulting in the destruction of the Berlin Wall and the freeing of the Eastern European & Baltic states. America helped show that Communism was a bankrupt political creed based on lies & tryanny, and thank God is no more.
    Its power has brought technological advances we once only dreamed of, and now we all use it in various appliactions throughout our work and leisure. The mighty American economy acts as the motor of the global economy, and has helped enrich so many nations across the globe.
    America I salute you! May you long continue to be world's only major super power and may you exercise your power for God and for the good of people world-wide!
    mr.devils advocate....its been done before,you know? :)
  • Options
    Well Rich Kid, I’m going to have to say that I applaud you – while everyone else is calling you a troll and trying desperately to make you stop posting controversial threads, you keep sticking it out….. finding more and more topics to make these people crazy. I’d have to say that the majority of the threads I’ve been posting on, people are just not open to any new ideas, thoughts or opinions. If you don’t agree with them…..you’re wrong!
    Since I’ve been on this site I have been told that I should be ashamed to be an American. LOL….. Please – I love this country. You couldn’t pay me to leave! I love my life and I love living it right here! Thanks Rich Kid! :thumb:
  • Options
    Mushy24 wrote:
    Since I’ve been on this site I have been told that I should be ashamed to be an American. :thumb:
    i don't believe you.

as for new ideas ...the likes of rich kid keep regurgitating old old fucking conservative bullshit ...same as it ever was ...no change no progress no bottle.

show me where rich kid has promoted any new ideas ...pleeease!
  • Options
    The following has to be read as

1 3
    2 4
    5 7
    6 8
    9 11
    10 12
    13 15
    14 16
  • Options
    jesus was a capitalist!

p01.jpgp02.jpg
    p03.jpgp04.jpg[/QUOTE]

p05.jpgp06.jpg
    p07.jpgp08.jpg
  • Options
    i don't believe you.

You don't believe me? Check out the thread about Bush and his fundies change..... woman's right to die - I can't remember the exact wording.

Check it out - then tell me you don't believe me.
  • Options
    p09.jpgp10.jpg
    p11.jpg
  • Options
    Mushy24 wrote:
    I’d have to say that the majority of the threads I’ve been posting on, people are just not open to any new ideas, thoughts or opinions. If you don’t agree with them…..you’re wrong!

a) You think that conservative ideas, thoughts and opinions are new? :eek:

b) You think that your ideas are right, and the non-conservatives are wrong? :eek2:
  • Options
    Mushy24 wrote:
    Since I’ve been on this site I have been told that I should be ashamed to be an American. LOL….. Please – I love this country. You couldn’t pay me to leave! I love my life and I love living it right here!
    i don't believe you.
    Mushy24 wrote:
    You don't believe me? Check out the thread about Bush and his fundies change..... woman's right to die - I can't remember the exact wording.

Check it out - then tell me you don't believe me.

I have checked out the thread, and I don't believe you.

It would be helpful if you provided the quotes.

ETA: I also think you should realise that Rich Kid is the worst possible ambassador for America, Israel and christianity .............

That you applaud his style says something about you - whilst you appear ultra-sensitive to any form of non-agreement with your posts, you applaud his ability in " finding more and more topics to make these people crazy" (a good concise definition of trolling - well done :) )

Now - help me out please - who are "these people"?

:confused:
  • Options
    Mushy24 wrote:
    Well Rich Kid, I’m going to have to say that I applaud you – while everyone else is calling you a troll and trying desperately to make you stop posting controversial threads, you keep sticking it out….. finding more and more topics to make these people crazy. I’d have to say that the majority of the threads I’ve been posting on, people are just not open to any new ideas, thoughts or opinions. If you don’t agree with them…..you’re wrong!
    Since I’ve been on this site I have been told that I should be ashamed to be an American. LOL….. Please – I love this country. You couldn’t pay me to leave! I love my life and I love living it right here! Thanks Rich Kid! :thumb:
    That's right, all hail rich kid! :lol:
  • Options
    Teh_Gerbil wrote:
    The USSR won the cold war;
    Oh sorry, have I missed something? Where is the once-mighty USSR now, it doesn't exist thank God! It lost, beaten by the sword of freedom & democracy. Its souless, God-less, inefficient, tyrannical, corrupt sytem imploded as it was bound to do! Stalin was as big a mass-murderer as Hitler, he slaughtered millions of his own people and enslaved millions more in Eastern Europe.

Again I say thank God for America! Of course it would be naive to think that it hasn't got its faults but so has every country, but on balance its a great dynamic thrusting country that carries the world economy on its shoulders. Without America the world would be a much much poorer place and we wouldn't be enjoying the fruits of modern Capitalism.
    And who could possibly condemn a country that gave the world the Ramones!
    I'm off there tomorrow for Easter, but before anyone says it, I'll be back!
  • Options
    God bless America, one of the few countries who won't sign up to reduce major climate changes cause theyre one of the worlds biggest polluters. God bless America for all the innocent lives lost because one kid or another went mad on a gun shooting spree, which wouldn't have happend if guns werent so readily available to all! Yeah a wonderfull place it is too!
  • Options
    Terrific thread Rich Kid! :)
  • Options
    Mushy24, just don't pay any attention to the small band of non-representative rabid anti-American (anything!) unthinking dimwits that post on this forum. If they had half a brain cell they'd realise that most of what they spout forth on is absolute rubbish based on little experience of reality or the world today.
    I'm looking forward to visiting the States tomorrow for Easter, its a great country as are its people.

Just for the record, now I've been told the definition of a "troll", I'm not one, I couldn't be bothered being one either, so stop trying to smear me!
  • Options
    Poor rich child, so indoctrinated by symbolic soundbites of rabid nationalism and so little true comprehension or credible professional experience in world affairs.
    The "rubbish" is clearly evident in every post you make, and that without anything more substantive or credible to back it up than your sheltered and pampered opinion.

Go get a proper education son (beyond Anne Coulteresque drivel) and take the star spangled blindfold off so you can see how significantly youve been duped with hollow slogans.
  • Options
    Poor rich child, so indoctrinated by symbolic soundbites of rabid nationalism and so little true comprehension or credible professional experience in world affairs.
    The "rubbish" is clearly evident in every post you make, and that without anything more substantive or credible to back it up than your sheltered and pampered opinion.

Go get a proper education son (beyond Anne Coulteresque drivel) and take the star spangled blindfold off so you can see how significantly youve been duped with hollow slogans.
    Thank you Clandestine for your well considered but ultimately inaccurate comment. I can't be bothered to pick you up on all the inaccuracies but I'm flattered by the commenst you make, it means I must be on the right track!
  • Options
    Of course you cant cite inaccuracies since your every post reaffirms the accuracy of my critiques.

As for being on any track, I can assure you that the one you are on is leading you rapidly into a proverbial brick wall.
  • Options
    Rich Kid wrote:
    Thank you Clandestine for your well considered but ultimately inaccurate comment. I can't be bothered to pick you up on all the inaccuracies but I'm flattered by the commenst you make, it means I must be on the right track!

Would you like to have a go, this is a p+d forum after all, you say something you have to back it up not just make overriding sweeping statements in the hope people will believe you, i'm afraid there are too many critical thinkers on this board for your bullshit to cut it........your reply to clan's post makes you look completely out of your depth..........would you like to back up some of the crap your posting?......how bout tackling the statement below, which you conveniently ignored?....
    apollo_69 wrote:
    :lol: actually it goes like this...........certain americans financed the nazi cartel (IG Farben) and the regime, in fact helped them achieve what they did, IBM even manufactured the punch cards that were used in concentration camps.........trotsky was financed by western bankers to start up bolshevism, and communism was little more than a capitalist ploy, another convenient pretext to start up militarisation.........oh and yeah they nuked hiroshima and nagasaki, completely unnecessarily i might add, the effects are still felt today, what a brave nation.........you are a class A moron, may god damn those responsible.
  • Options
    no i didn't think so...........obviously just another troll.
  • Options
    no, someone who disagrees with you isn't automatically a troll and to be honest both sides of this arguement seem to be filled with sweeping generalisations
  • Options
    Thank you Jim for your sensible words.
  • Options
    both sides
  • Options
    of course not automatically, plenty of people disagree with me on these boards but we debate it sensibly.........i can't speak for the other posters on this thread, but he says why he thinks america is great, i shot down his points and made mine, then he comes back and spouts a load of stuff he can't back up, or counter my arguments.........to me someone who can't or won't enter into debate is a troll.........oh hi there richkid hiding behind the mods are we? lol if you care to respond to my posts instead of going around them i may reconsider my opinion of you.......
  • Options
    Thing is, America hasn't done all bad things. In fact, being honest, up until the last century they were a pretty cool country. I.

sorry.. i've got to add this,

America was first colonised in 1583 up untill 1783 it was ruled by britain, spain ect... in 1783 in became independant,

you said up untill a centuary ago they were pretty good, so a centuary = 100years, 1905 they got shit, so they only had 122years of ok-ness in the us history..

I think I have to agree..

Seriously.. vietnam.. please.. lets war with the koriens for no reason.. lets get are ass whooped..

the land on the moon was staged and used as propaganda to make people think less of nam..

also used to get votes for the election a while after it.

oh.. and yes.. America is sooooo fucking good there killing this women by taking her feeding tube out

Oh.. the oh so humane america... :rolleyes:

oh.. and yeah.. if america is go great way are there so many gun shootings.. me thinks people dont like the american schooling system ;)
  • Options
    take it whatever way you want to but:

i have a friend who lives in a house which is older and has a longer history than the USA
  • Options
    I love America, in fact I have property there and thats where I'm off to tomorrow for a bit of well-deserved R & R!
    If I had my way we'd say goodbye to the EU and become the 51st State of the Union, if only, ahhh!
    Anyway all you anti-American obsessives, you won't be hearing from me after today, but don't think I've gone away, I'm coming back and when I do I'll be re-charged for the forum, in fact I'll probably be sitting at my PC in cowboy boots, a star spangled t-shirt and a stetson!!!
  • Options
    Rich Kid wrote:
    I love America, in fact I have property there and thats where I'm off to tomorrow for a bit of well-deserved R & R!
    If I had my way we'd say goodbye to the EU and become the 51st State of the Union, if only, ahhh!
    Anyway all you anti-American obsessives, you won't be hearing from me after today, but don't think I've gone away, I'm coming back and when I do I'll be re-charged for the forum, in fact I'll probably be sitting at my PC in cowboy boots, a star spangled t-shirt and a stetson!!!
    good for you!!....we,on the other hand will have both feet on the ground.
  • Options
    well with an average of 30 posts a day you must be spending too much time at your computer, enjoy your break.......
  • Options
    woo yeah usa rocks... lets become part of it.. be rulled by a c**t.. everyone wants that..
  • Options
    Rich Kid wrote:

you are against is becoming a federal state under the EU, but its perfectly acceptable to be one in the US?