Home Politics & Debate
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨
Options

God Bless America!

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
God bless America! It helped free the world from Nazi & Japanese domination during WW2. It faced down Communism and broke the Evil Empire, resulting in the destruction of the Berlin Wall and the freeing of the Eastern European & Baltic states. America helped show that Communism was a bankrupt political creed based on lies & tryanny, and thank God is no more.
Its power has brought technological advances we once only dreamed of, and now we all use it in various appliactions throughout our work and leisure. The mighty American economy acts as the motor of the global economy, and has helped enrich so many nations across the globe.
America I salute you! May you long continue to be world's only major super power and may you exercise your power for God and for the good of people world-wide!

Comments

• Options
    Rich Kid wrote:
    God bless America! It helped free the world from Nazi & Japanese domination during WW2. It faced down Communism and broke the Evil Empire, resulting in the destruction of the Berlin Wall and the freeing of the Eastern European & Baltic states. America helped show that Communism was a bankrupt political creed based on lies & tryanny, and thank God is no more.
    Its power has brought technological advances we once only dreamed of, and now we all use it in various appliactions throughout our work and leisure. The mighty American economy acts as the motor of the global economy, and has helped enrich so many nations across the globe.
    America I salute you! May you long continue to be world's only major super power and may you exercise your power for God and for the good of people world-wide!
    that educated people can be so fucking dim frightens the life out of me!
  • Options
    Rich Kid wrote:
    God bless America!

Why? have they sneezed?
  • Options
    Teh_GerbilTeh_Gerbil Posts: 13,332 Born on Earth, Raised by The Mix
    Trolling?

Yeah, God likes Capitalism, Exploitation, Profiteering, Killing, and the rest, doesn't he? Bibles doesn't preach Sharing, Peace, or Equality does it?
    America helped show that Communism was a bankrupt political creed based on lies & tryanny

No, that would be when an Evil Dictator gets in. Communism can work with Honesty. That, however, isn't the American way, so must be destroyed. DON'T LET THE EQUALATIY CROWN IN! NO! Hell, next they'll be giving the working class rights and decent pay! Madness!

America invented nothing except condensed milk, what technology hae they brought us? Making the world richer? Yeah, exploiting other countries and paying their workers peanuts does that alright. It doesn't keep them poor so the US may continue to exploit them, does it? Oh no.

China is a super power too. Russia could still destory the US with ease. Their nukes would render your nuke sheild useless (Doesnt work anyway at the moment, but when its on the Russian ones would still land.) and they are still a large military force.

Sure, your the largest for now. But your economy is faultering. China is growing fast. Fear the Red Dragon. She's also doing Capitalism a darn sight better than you, note most stuff America imports is made in China?
  • Options
    jesus was a capitalist!
  • Options
    America doesn't exist, mate, it's a con.
  • Options
    jesus was a capitalist!

I know, his book has been sold to millions! :lol: I know, it was written by others... Wonder if he get royalties though?
  • Options
    klintock wrote:
    America doesn't exist, mate, it's a con.

That's going to come as nasty suprise to my wife... She's under the impression she was born and raised there...
  • Options
    Oh the geography is there, but the arbitary distinction that divides it up isn't.

It's pretty simple really, you can take a map, divide it up and give it a name.

Step 1;- Take a map, cross out America and rename it "legoland".

Step 2;- Convince the people who live there that they are in legoland and that this means they must behave as though there are borders around "legoland" and that "legolandians" behave a certain way, within those borders.

(Step 2 might take some doing, but with enough guns, bribes and misinformation you can.)

Step 3;- Sit back, relax and fleece the flock.
  • Options
    Rich Kid wrote:
    God bless America! It helped free the world from Nazi & Japanese domination during WW2. It faced down Communism and broke the Evil Empire

:lol: actually it goes like this...........certain americans financed the nazi cartel (IG Farben) and the regime, in fact helped them achieve what they did, IBM even manufactured the punch cards that were used in concentration camps.........trotsky was financed by western bankers to start up bolshevism, and communism was little more than a capitalist ploy, another convenient pretext to start up militarisation.........oh and yeah they nuked hiroshima and nagasaki, completely unnecessarily i might add, the effects are still felt today, what a brave nation.........you are a class A moron, may god damn those responsible.
  • Options
    This thread is proof positive of the hypocrisy of long term domestic indoctrination of my fellow countrymen into mindless nationalistic reactionaries who buy unquestioning into the myth of intrinsic "goodness", "justice" and "magnanimity" based solely upon outward labels.

Such pampered self-interested sheeple dare not confront the reality of the billions who, by reason of the corporate system of perpetual indebtedness maintained by US hegemonic ambitions and the militarism we have visited upon all those nations whose leaders could not otherwise be bought off or conjoled, no longer have any voice in the control and use of their own nations' resources.

This is merely another bleating, flag waving elite whose legacy to the next generation will be nothing more than borrowed time before the backlash buries my nation, and its gluttonous overconsumptive ways, alongside the bones of all previous empires.

I met a traveler from an antique land
    Who said: Two vast and trunkless legs of stone
    Stand in the desert. Near them, on the sand,
    Half sunk, a shattered visage lies, whos frown,
    And wrinkled lip, and sneer of cold command,
    Tell that its sculptor well those passions read
    Which yet survive, stamped on these lifeless things,
    The hand that mocked them and the heart that fed;

And on the pedestal these words appear:
    "My name is Ozymandius, king of kings:
    Look on my words, ye Mighty, and despair!"
    Nothing beside remains. Round the decay
    Of that colossal wreck, boundless and bare
    The lone and level sands stretch far away

God may bless individuals, and that more often than not in ways other than riches, but he certainly does not bless artificial constructs such as nation states, especially ones so smugly arrogant as my own which refuse to learn the lessons of history.
  • Options
    If God Exists, (Which I personally doubt), he will not bless us until we can get over petty differences, stop fighting, and work toegether to stop all the ills we are doing. It is after all, what the bible preaches. Hence Rich Kids racism will get him no where except Hell in biblical terms.

Religion breeds hate despite all preaching against it. How poetic. Hence its bad. It also takes money from the masses promising it will buy them a slice of Heaven. I lvoe America from a humourous point of view. They are so hipocritical is funny. Yet really sad too. The Ignorant masses beleiveing all they are told. Who said that was a left wing only thing, brainwashing?
  • Options
    *Applauds Clandestine"
  • Options
    they also hashed up iraq and required well trained uk troops togetthem outof messes
  • Options
    MrG wrote:
    they also hashed up iraq and required well trained uk troops togetthem outof messes

and as a thank you they killed more of our troops than the iraqis did, some gratitude ay...........
  • Options
    pearl harbour.........erm ok we'll get involved now!.....and the less said about vietnam,the better......ye! GOD BLESS AMERICA!....america is shit at war,and allways has been!
    the modern day war, that they,and us are in at the moment is a fucking disgrace, and should never have happend.
    usa, is even worse at deplomacy!!..and you want us to respect this?
  • Options
    Hey hey now people, without America, we wouldn't have:

Coca Cola
    Asda
    McDonalds
    Pizza Hut
    Burger King
    KFC (hmmm, I see where this going, ok, we wouldn't have fast food :p)
    Hollywood
    The Purpose Built Aircraft Carrier, in fact, just loads and loads of guns, and ways to kill each other. Don't forget nukes!
    Christmas
    Consumership (goes with the above)
    The lightbulb + edison's stuff :p
    The internet? And PCs.
    Loads of maths things that I like (Harvard, remember ;))

Thing is, America hasn't done all bad things. In fact, being honest, up until the last century they were a pretty cool country. I think they let fear of becoming an underdog get to them though - before that they were the underdog; they didn't see them self as superior. After WW2 and the cold war began they had the nukes and the arms race began because they 'had' to be the best. "Pride is the mask of one's own faults." - Jewish proverb.
  • Options
    i smell alcohol in this thread ...

god bless rock and roll!
  • Options
    i smell alcohol in this thread ...

god bless rock and roll!
    what the fuck you trying to say??????vg9urrroerg.mn/p twaz!
  • Options
    Hey hey now people, without America, we wouldn't have:

Coca Cola
    Asda
    McDonalds
    Pizza Hut
    Burger King
    KFC (hmmm, I see where this going, ok, we wouldn't have fast food :p)
    Hollywood
    The Purpose Built Aircraft Carrier, in fact, just loads and loads of guns, and ways to kill each other. Don't forget nukes!
    Christmas
    Consumership (goes with the above)
    The lightbulb + edison's stuff :p
    The internet? And PCs.
    Loads of maths things that I like (Harvard, remember ;))

Thing is, America hasn't done all bad things. In fact, being honest, up until the last century they were a pretty cool country. I think they let fear of becoming an underdog get to them though - before that they were the underdog; they didn't see them self as superior. After WW2 and the cold war began they had the nukes and the arms race began because they 'had' to be the best. "Pride is the mask of one's own faults." - Jewish proverb.

to be honest if it wasnt for the UK hashing up the tax and representation issues, you wouldnt have america in the form it is today
  • Options
    I think that... the US has some good stuff. Its just the badness outweighs it, IMO. Although thats only becasue I despise Capitalist ways, so its my view.

The USSR won the cold war; they produced the best tech for a long time in it, as in actualyl deployed battlefeild tech. The US tended to make Concepts, that got ditched, but the Soviet responses to them were made! MiG-25 anyone? Plus, who wouldn't want a Sukhoi? Or a T-90 :p And the AK-47 is still a viable weapon in combat. Hell, some US guys in Iraqi are using them. Again. :/ And the Typhoon sub is great.

The US now has the cash unlike Russia, meaning they take over. And Russian arms manufacturers rely on Chinese money. Shame really. I got to sit in a MiG-25 once at Mildenhall! Confusing place to be, I must admit. To many switches.

The US has the Raptor now though... air dominance is theirs. They jsut need the rest now, and its not to far away.
  • Options
    Teh_Gerbil wrote:
    I think that... the US has some good stuff. Its just the badness outweighs it, IMO. Although thats only becasue I despise Capitalist ways, so its my view.

The USSR won the cold war; they produced the best tech for a long time in it, as in actualyl deployed battlefeild tech. The US tended to make Concepts, that got ditched, but the Soviet responses to them were made! MiG-25 anyone? Plus, who wouldn't want a Sukhoi? Or a T-90 :p And the AK-47 is still a viable weapon in combat. Hell, some US guys in Iraqi are using them. Again. :/ And the Typhoon sub is great.

The US now has the cash unlike Russia, meaning they take over. And Russian arms manufacturers rely on Chinese money. Shame really. I got to sit in a MiG-25 once at Mildenhall! Confusing place to be, I must admit. To many switches.

The US has the Raptor now though... air dominance is theirs. They jsut need the rest now, and its not to far away.
    funny old world innit ...ussr ...first satelite in orbit ...first dog ...first monkey ...first man ...first woman ...first foriegner in space.
    first and only long term space station.
    first working nuclear power plant ...
    after that the japs seem to have taken over and now it will be the chinese ...as america drops into oblivion.
  • Options
    "this is my united states of WHATEVER!"....best track ever!
  • Options
    funny old world innit ...ussr ...first satelite in orbit ...first dog ...first monkey ...first man ...first woman ...first foriegner in space.
    first and only long term space station.
    first working nuclear power plant ...
    after that the japs seem to have taken over and now it will be the chinese ...as america drops into oblivion.

Bush wants to put the first man on mars. Why not a woman, I ask?
    04_01_15MarsRover.gif
  • Options
    :thumb:
    04_01_15MarsRover.gif
    :thumb:
  • Options
    Lol!

Thing is the USA campaigned agaisnt the USSR... Yet:

USSR - Worship of the nation, the flag, etc in schools, children bought up to beleive in the nations supremacy.
    USA - Same. Sing hte national anthem and salute the flag in school.

Both nations children were/are brainwashed in school. They both use/d propaganda ALOT. Are they so different in methods? No.

Fact is, the USSR was winning the cold war. Well. The US played catchup alot of the time. Funny, really.

Why didn't the USSR go to the moon first? They felt it was to risky with the radiation barrier etc. I really want someone to prove whether or not it happened. Aren't the Chinese going to take some close level photos of the moon? That'll do it. Then, we shall know.

Can you imagine how much the Chinese will play it up if the US didn't go there? God... Propaganda city! :lol:
  • Options
    04_01_15MarsRover.gif

i will fucking bet you ...one acre of land against whatever you have ...america have no real intentions of sending a man to mars.
    it's bullshit.
    the cost is to fucking high.
    the science actualy says ...no bleedin' point!
  • Options
    Teh_Gerbil wrote:
    Lol!

Thing is the USA campaigned agaisnt the USSR... Yet:

USSR - Worship of the nation, the flag, etc in schools, children bought up to beleive in the nations supremacy.
    USA - Same. Sing hte national anthem and salute the flag in school.

Both nations children were/are brainwashed in school. They both use/d propaganda ALOT. Are they so different in methods? No.

Fact is, the USSR was winning the cold war. Well. The US played catchup alot of the time. Funny, really.

Why didn't the USSR go to the moon first? They felt it was to risky with the radiation barrier etc. I really want someone to prove whether or not it happened. Aren't the Chinese going to take some close level photos of the moon? That'll do it. Then, we shall know.

Can you imagine how much the Chinese will play it up if the US didn't go there? God... Propaganda city! :lol:

There's no need to go to the moon - if there is a solar flare you have no protection and will either die or end up infertile, avec cancer no doubt. There was this program on about space travel, a real documentary as if an international effort was made to visit all the planets on one visit. Anyway, all of them became infertile and one of them died from radiation sickness. The joys of space :)

It's like if there's a little rock in a pool of water, and you and your mates' gang are on the side, but the water is infested with sharks. It's just going in, risking getting hurt for no reason (you can pretend you were checking the temperature of the water as if it was important) just to see who's more macho. It's all just a load of Egos.
  • Options
    America couldn't give a shit about science or cost. THey're in debt as it is, megadebt. Bush is still spending, and NASA discovered a black hole in their funds department.

They'll send a man there to do the same as they did with the moon. Its getting one over on everyone else. The moon landing was so the US wasn't to badly defeated in space. 'Tis about their only noteworth acheivement, mind... Even the soviet shuttle was better.
  • Options
    the science actualy says ...no bleedin' point!

I completely agree with you, however, I ask you this: has that ever stopped them before?
  • Options
    "enola gay"....should have stayed at home yesterday.