Home General Chat
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨
Options

Van Gogh

1235»

Comments

• Options
    Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    Originally posted by Doofay
    Can't comment on that as i haven't studied the dutch monarchy.

Myself, i'm all for disbanding the monarchy but leaving the castles etc as tourist sites. British people get stereotyped so much on the monarchy, and it tends to be the actual sites that are the tourist attraction, not the monarchy as they generally aren't there anyway.

The Dutch monarch will abdicate at 60 to allow the next in line to take over the job.
    They pay lots of tax.
    Most of what they do they fund themselves.
    Queen Beatrice is only entitled to claim expenses for things that directly relate to her being head of state. She can claim for money to feed President Bush as her guest, but not to take a personal holiday.
  • Options
    Well if your basic explanation is correct, that sounds like a much fairer method of working.
  • Options
    Originally posted by Doofay
    Well if your basic explanation is correct, that sounds like a much fairer method of working.

I'd support it.
  • Options
    Btw, is it true that the Turner guy is more famous than Van Gogh in Britain?
  • Options
    Originally posted by Jacqueline the Ripper
    Btw, is it true that the Turner guy is more famous than Van Gogh in Britain?

Not really. I guess they'd be about the same.
  • Options
    There's a Turner exhibition here, and I can't say that I've ever heard of him before that.
  • Options
    Originally posted by Jacqueline the Ripper
    There's a Turner exhibition here, and I can't say that I've ever heard of him before that.

You must admit he's spectacular though...