Home Politics & Debate
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨
Options

The Bush family Nazi connection

Comments

• Options
    Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/uk_politics/3677504.stm

Check this link also to find out how nutty the useless LibDems are.
  • Options
    Tax proposals
    Lib Dem leader Charles Kennedy said the optimistic mood among delegates in Bournemouth reflected more than success in only one-off by-elections.

He insisted plans for a new 50% tax rate for those earning more than £100,000 would provide enough money to scrap tuition fees, provide free long-term for the elderly and "cushion" the impact of rising council tax.

Mr Kennedy said colleagues had been surprised by his "ferociousness" in saying plans for new quangos and must include proposals for removing something else.

"There is too much interference in this country and we need to liberate people's talent a lot more and be a bit more hands off," he said.

"Politicians should be there to got the big issues right - and heavens we're getting too many big issues wrong - rather than over-regulating the individual."
  • Options
    Originally posted by Kentish
    The British Empire certainly wasn't blameless, but during the height of the empire, slavery was outlawed, prisons were reformed and jobs plentiful.
    Methinks there would be many more peasants were it not for the wealth created by the Empire.
    all the reforms that were made were fought for hand over fist against the elites ...and yes some of the elites fought r for these as well but on the whole it was missery for the many.
    once the rollercoaster ride of reforms had strarted yes ...people did start to benefit and still do to this day.
  • Options
    Originally posted by stargalaxy
    http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/uk_politics/3677504.stm

Check this link also to find out how nutty the useless LibDems are.

We've already discussed this here

From the above thread...

List of things wrong with 4x4s

High centre of gravity, making them likely to roll at relativly low speeds

Have been known to have inadaquate protection for fuel tanks, making them more likely to explode in a crash

Are proven to be twice as deadly on impact for a pedestrian (put in context and 40mph in a standard saloon you are likely to kill, at 20mph in a 4x4 the same is true)

4x4 are the most environmentally harmful on the market, emitting up to four (convieniently) times more CO2. And doing approximatly 12mpg IN TRAFFIC. Lets remember Rolly, with your 35mpg, it's aqquired on an open road in 5th gear

Motorists hit by side impact by a 4x4 are 27 times more likely to die than in an impact with another vehicle

Here's another interesting set of statistics

quote:
    According to research carried out by Black Horse Motor Finance, which has compiled a UK 4WD Buyers League based on purchases made by more than 70,000 of its customers including new and used vehicles, it shows the number of purchases of 4x4s in the UK as a proportion of the total number of cars bought and sold as: -

· London - 14.9%

· South Midlands - 14.2%

· South East - 13.8%

· West Midlands - 13.3%

· South West - 13.0%

· East Anglia - 13.0%

· Wales - 12.8%

· East Midlands - 12.0%

· (UK Average - 11.9%)

· North East - 10.8%

· Scotland - 10.2%

· North West - 10.2%

· Northern Ireland - 10.1%

How bizzare, don't you think, that more 4x4s are bought in london, than say, wales or scotland, where the road quality is less.

4x4s are lethal, and should not be allowed on motorways, should probably have speed limiters fitted, and should be discouraged from being brought into densley populated areas.

Porche have just brought out a 4x4, what are you doing with a porche 4x4! You're never going to take it anywhere near a field, and Land Rover Vogue, name says it all really.

quote:
    By law all new car models must pass key safety tests before being sold. Data from the Euro NCAP safety tests, which rate vehicles on a star rating of 0 – 5 for crash assessment and 0 – 4 for pedestrian protection, support the premise that 4x4s are dangerous to pedestrians in accidents. Here is a selection of findings from tests on 4x4s:

BMW X5
    • Front and side impact ratings: 4/5

• Pedestrian protection: 1/4

• Assessment: “High vehicles pose problems for pedestrians, especially children, and the X-5 is no exception. Its front is unfriendly and its bonnet top little better; a poor rating.”

Volvo XC90
    • Front and side impact ratings: 5/5

• Pedestrian protection: 2/4

• Assessment: “The bumper and bonnet leading edge were unforgiving. But the top of the bonnet protected children’s and adult’s heads to give the XC90 a two-star rating. Volvo needs to work harder to improve pedestrian safety.”

Suzuki Grand Vitara
    • Front and side impact ratings: 3/5

• Pedestrian protection: 0/4

• Assessment: “Protection was dire and scored no points. Suzuki said it will do more in future to protect pedestrians.”

Which I though was interesting.

Though what I think you want follows...

quote:
    Consumption
    Fuel consumption on some 4x4s is poor. On diesel versions, 4x4 consumption is around 30mpg, falling to 25mpg on slower journeys. For petrol versions it is around 20 mpg. Some of course are much worse. The notorious “Hummer”, a specially adapted US military vehicle weighs 8,600 lbs, is seven feet high and is made of aluminium. It costs £55,000 and does just 12.4 miles per gallon (Oakland Tribune Online Review, March 2003).

quote:
    According to the House of Commons Library, the larger 4x4s consumer more petrol and produce more carbon dioxide emissions than the larger saloon cars.” The table below shows this to be the case across a range of specific examples. All emissions given are measured in grams per kilometre (g/km).

Model Carbon Dioxide (CO2) Nitrous Oxide (NOX)
    Volvo XC90 (4x4) 242 0.48
    Volvo S/V 40 (saloon) 184 0.061

Toyota Land Cruiser (4x4) 277 0.52
    Corolla WT-I 1.4 (saloon) 159 0.02

BMW X5 (4x4) 259 0.637
    BMW 320d (saloon) 206 0.392

Mitsubishi Shogun (4x4) 251 0.583
    Mitsubishi Carisma (saloon) 174 0.018

• Options
    Also from the above thread

stargalaxy
    Insane Poster

That fiend_85 certainly knows her stuff! :cool:
  • Options
    The point remains. LibDems are not ready to run the country. They couldn't run a Christmas stall.
  • Options
    Originally posted by Fiend_85
    We've already discussed this here

From the above thread...

List of things wrong with 4x4s

High centre of gravity, making them likely to roll at relativly low speeds

Have been known to have inadaquate protection for fuel tanks, making them more likely to explode in a crash

Are proven to be twice as deadly on impact for a pedestrian (put in context and 40mph in a standard saloon you are likely to kill, at 20mph in a 4x4 the same is true)

4x4 are the most environmentally harmful on the market, emitting up to four (convieniently) times more CO2. And doing approximatly 12mpg IN TRAFFIC. Lets remember Rolly, with your 35mpg, it's aqquired on an open road in 5th gear

Motorists hit by side impact by a 4x4 are 27 times more likely to die than in an impact with another vehicle

Here's another interesting set of statistics

quote:

According to research carried out by Black Horse Motor Finance, which has compiled a UK 4WD Buyers League based on purchases made by more than 70,000 of its customers including new and used vehicles, it shows the number of purchases of 4x4s in the UK as a proportion of the total number of cars bought and sold as: -

· London - 14.9%

· South Midlands - 14.2%

· South East - 13.8%

· West Midlands - 13.3%

· South West - 13.0%

· East Anglia - 13.0%

· Wales - 12.8%

· East Midlands - 12.0%

· (UK Average - 11.9%)

· North East - 10.8%

· Scotland - 10.2%

· North West - 10.2%

· Northern Ireland - 10.1%

How bizzare, don't you think, that more 4x4s are bought in london, than say, wales or scotland, where the road quality is less.

4x4s are lethal, and should not be allowed on motorways, should probably have speed limiters fitted, and should be discouraged from being brought into densley populated areas.

Porche have just brought out a 4x4, what are you doing with a porche 4x4! You're never going to take it anywhere near a field, and Land Rover Vogue, name says it all really.

quote:
    By law all new car models must pass key safety tests before being sold. Data from the Euro NCAP safety tests, which rate vehicles on a star rating of 0 – 5 for crash assessment and 0 – 4 for pedestrian protection, support the premise that 4x4s are dangerous to pedestrians in accidents. Here is a selection of findings from tests on 4x4s:

BMW X5
    • Front and side impact ratings: 4/5

• Pedestrian protection: 1/4

• Assessment: “High vehicles pose problems for pedestrians, especially children, and the X-5 is no exception. Its front is unfriendly and its bonnet top little better; a poor rating.”

Volvo XC90
    • Front and side impact ratings: 5/5

• Pedestrian protection: 2/4

• Assessment: “The bumper and bonnet leading edge were unforgiving. But the top of the bonnet protected children’s and adult’s heads to give the XC90 a two-star rating. Volvo needs to work harder to improve pedestrian safety.”

Suzuki Grand Vitara
    • Front and side impact ratings: 3/5

• Pedestrian protection: 0/4

• Assessment: “Protection was dire and scored no points. Suzuki said it will do more in future to protect pedestrians.”

Which I though was interesting.

Though what I think you want follows...

quote:
    Consumption
    Fuel consumption on some 4x4s is poor. On diesel versions, 4x4 consumption is around 30mpg, falling to 25mpg on slower journeys. For petrol versions it is around 20 mpg. Some of course are much worse. The notorious “Hummer”, a specially adapted US military vehicle weighs 8,600 lbs, is seven feet high and is made of aluminium. It costs £55,000 and does just 12.4 miles per gallon (Oakland Tribune Online Review, March 2003).

quote:
    According to the House of Commons Library, the larger 4x4s consumer more petrol and produce more carbon dioxide emissions than the larger saloon cars.” The table below shows this to be the case across a range of specific examples. All emissions given are measured in grams per kilometre (g/km).

Model Carbon Dioxide (CO2) Nitrous Oxide (NOX)
    Volvo XC90 (4x4) 242 0.48
    Volvo S/V 40 (saloon) 184 0.061

Toyota Land Cruiser (4x4) 277 0.52
    Corolla WT-I 1.4 (saloon) 159 0.02

BMW X5 (4x4) 259 0.637
    BMW 320d (saloon) 206 0.392

Mitsubishi Shogun (4x4) 251 0.583
    Mitsubishi Carisma (saloon) 174 0.018

aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaarrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrgggggggggggggggggggghhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
  • Options
    Dude, you did not have to quote the whole thing...:p
  • Options
    Please restrict the size of your quotes!
  • Options
    The point remains. LibDems are not ready to run the country. They couldn't run a Christmas stall.

No, your opinion remains. It just happens that your opinion is unsubstatiated rubbish.
  • Options
    Please restrict the size of your quotes!

No.
  • Options
    Yours is the unsubstantiated rubbish. The fact is that no party is fit to run the country. The Conservative Party can't run itself without civil war, New Labour's too busy worrying about Gordon Brown's Prime Ministerial ambitions and the LibDems are too busy putting out stupid policies. We desperately need a pro-British party in this country.
  • Options
    Right...

Lib Dems want extra tax for 4x4s, it's been proven they're more dangerous and more damaging to the environment. Supported policy.

The Lib Dems want rehabilitation for criminals, and considering the reoffending rate for the UK is someting like 80%, that's a supported policy as well.
  • Options
    New Labour's too busy worrying about Gordon Brown's Prime Ministerial ambitions
    if thats their biggest worry then they are fit to run the show me thinks.
  • Options
    Why don't you set up a political party? You all seem to have opinions.
  • Options
    I'm sure relatives of mine and ancestors have been racist. Doesn't make me racist.

Same with Bush.
  • Options
    Why don't you set up a political party? You all seem to have opinions.

I think you'll find Bong and I have ambitions to world domination. I am also planning to set up the All Night Party.
  • Options
    Carry on doing that, fiend_85. I look forward to you becoming Prime Minister!
  • Options
    I think you'll find Bong and I have ambitions to world domination. I am also planning to set up the All Night Party.
    i'm king of that one!
    i started a party that lasted 20 yrs!
  • Options
    No you won't, first job is executing right-wing idiots.
  • Options
    I'm right-wing, but no idiot. Sorry.
  • Options
    When Bong and I take over the world, the two will not be considered mutually exclusive.
  • Options
    It just happens that your opinion is unsubstatiated rubbish.
    Yours is the unsubstantiated rubbish.
    On a point of information, neither opinion is 'rubbish'. Both may be unsubstantiated and opposing, but respectable debate doesn't include dismissing differing opinions as rubbish. Thanks gents.:)
  • Options
    *coughs* lady, sometimes...

Wrong choice of words...
  • Options
    What the gentleman above means to say is that I am right as always.
  • Options
    *coughs* lady, sometimes...

Wrong choice of words...
    Apologies, forget about that. That was a metaphorical gents.

And there was no implication that stargalaxy is always right :p
  • Options
    Quite alright, I get used to it.
  • Options
    But I am always right.
  • Options
    But I am always right.
    except this time.