Home Politics & Debate
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨
Options

The Bush family Nazi connection

Comments

• Options
    Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    Originally posted by stargalaxy
    Pulling out of the Kyoto treaty was indeed a mistake. I believe the decision was taken in self-interest.

No shit sherlock.
  • Options
    Morrocan Roll, I have knowledge of Iraq's history. I read up about it before the war started. The country is better off in the sense that democracy now exists. Soon, the country will be on the road to prosperity.

The so-called trillion dollar tax cuts were put in place in order to encourage people to create jobs, and therefore to stimulate the economy that had been left sullen by Clinton's mismanagement and failed presidency. Jobs have indeed been lost, but jobs are also being created, so this wrong is being corrected as we speak.

The health care system in the USA does seem very unfair to me, even as a conservative. I believe the system is unfair and penalises the poor. I hold no torch for the US health system. But what you genuinely hate is the fact he will be re-elected, due to the useless Democrat candidate.
  • Options
    ... democracy now exists. Soon, the country will be on the road to prosperity
    Hmmm. Define democracy, and define soon. :confused:
  • Options
    The so-called trillion dollar tax cuts were put in place in order to encourage people to create jobs, and therefore to stimulate the economy that had been left sullen by Clinton's mismanagement and failed presidency. Jobs have indeed been lost, but jobs are also being created, so this wrong is being corrected as we speak.

You do talk rubbish look here
    Washington -- Vice President Gore said August unemployment figures indicate that the fundamentals of the U.S. economy remain strong, even during a period of world tumult.

"Last month, the economy created 365,000 jobs, the unemployment rate remained at 4.5 percent, as low as it has been in 28 years, and real wages continued to rise -- all with no signs of inflation," Gore said in prepared statement September 4.

Gore said the volatility in financial markets around the world in the days past illustrate how the world's markets are interconnected "and how events in far away places can affect us in America."
    That was in 1998
  • Options
    Originally posted by Kentish
    when Afghanistan went quiet,
    lets clear this one up finaly please!
    afghanistan did not go quiet.
    afghanistan has never in history been conquered.
    the yanks took over the capitol ...kabul. they control nothing else whatsoever and have never tried to ...knowing they never could.
    what they have done ...published for all to see ...is dish out millions of dollars in hard cash and gold bullion to the warlords ...where nothing has changed for women ...nothing at all only that in some places it is now worse.
    the warlords control the worlds biggest supplky of opium/heroin.
    the taliban were actualy the first sucsess in the so called war on drugs, bringing opium production almost to zero.
    the yanks arrive and throw millions of dollars at the warlords ...and shiny new and updated weaponry ...so they are now untouchable ...so they could get back on with the business of cultivating the biggest opium harvest in history ...which in turn will bring in millions of dollars and quids and euros.
    it's a bloody strange world innit?
    but ...as long as the warlords have new toyotas and machine guns and bombs ...america will be able to build its long dreamed of pipeline ...only they miscalculated iraq ...
  • Options
    Al Gore would say that being a member of the utterly affable and despicable Democrats.
  • Options
    Al Gore would say that being a member of the utterly affable and despicable Democrats.

Get out. That's in the US state department, the figures exist and are true. He didn't make them up to look good. Prat.
  • Options
    And government agencies always tell the full truth, do they?
  • Options
    You can't have it both ways. Quoting directly from a reliable source, from a source where the figures cannot be considered to be fake. You can't accept them because then you'd be wrong.
  • Options

The so-called trillion dollar tax cuts were put in place in order to encourage people to create jobs, .

and it hasn't worked!
    to create jobs you need to give people spending power so they can go and buy products.
    the rich are not investing in this uncertain climate of fear that has been engineered by bush.
    and please don't give me the trickle down bullshit.
    when the U.K were the richest empire ever seen on earth ...not much was trickling down was it? hovels slums disease and filth ...slave labour and military conscription was the order of the day for the peasants who were creating that wealth.
  • Options
    People are starting jobs on a daily basis in the USA. If the economy there suffers, we all tend to suffer later. The reason people don't buy products is because most of the ones out there are rubbish anyway. We should be proud of the British Empire, not running it down.
  • Options
    well, it looks like you've lost this one, although we've gone rather off topic........basically, Bush's policies have made the world a scarier place, neither safer nor freer (go look in the bathroom you'll see your constitution swirling down the toilet)......his grandad and dad were greedy arseholes so maybe its in the genes......so maybe thats how he was brought up to think, thats about the only relevance i can see.

edited because i am stoned.
  • Options
    Our constitution? Newsflash, apollo69, I live in the UK!
  • Options
    Originally posted by morrocan roll
    peasants...were creating that wealth.
    The British Empire certainly wasn't blameless, but during the height of the empire, slavery was outlawed, prisons were reformed and jobs plentiful.
    Methinks there would be many more peasants were it not for the wealth created by the Empire.
  • Options
    i apologise, i assumed from your brainwashed rhetoric that you were an american bush lover......
  • Options
    At last, a voice of reason in this dominantly left-wing environment.
  • Options
    It's certainly impressive that a pointless little island in the north of the world. At it's best controlled and commanded a full quarter of the world. Was immeasurably rich and powerful, and that in it's life-time two of it's most powerful leaders were women. That even now the commonwealth derrived from that empire is a respected community, and that Great Britain has the most respected and highly trained army in the world (it's 'be the best' for a reason) and the largest navy afloat.
  • Options
    At last, a voice of reason in this dominantly left-wing environment.

I resent that. I am not left-wing.
  • Options
    What makes you think this is a left-wing environment?

You can be right wing and despise the Republican Government of G. W. Bush and everything they stand for.

At the end of the day they are an ultra-right wing, ultra-conservative reactionary party that makes the Tories look like communists.
  • Options
    I'm so confused, i though the tories were commies? I mean the US don't like them.
  • Options
    I can safely conclude a number of you have misgivings about the Bush presidency. So, can you tell me how you would like the election to go in November? If Kerry wins, would things really change?
  • Options
    No, probably not, he's a carbon copy of Bush with better english. What we need is the Lib Dems to win here, then perhaps we can start sorting things out.
  • Options
    Anyone who is not with them is against them (copyright G. W. Bush, 2001) so it wouldn't surprise me if the Republicans see the Tories as hippy commies. :D
  • Options
    So, whether Bush or Kerry win, you are lumbered?
  • Options
    yes lib dem rock, thats the attitude america needs.........oh im still holding out for an unfixed election, ill be happy with that.
  • Options
    Liberal Democrats? These are the party that want to teach young joyriders to go out and go-kart! This week, they said:

"Joy-riders going out in a city centre, stealing cars and driving around and killing themselves need to go through the court process and you need a punishment. But at the same time what is going to stop them doing it again the following Thursday? We suggest, for example, car mechanic courses, the opportunity to go on a weekend to ride cars round a track."

You want these incompetent boobs running the country?
  • Options
    Liberal Democrats? These are the party that want to teach young joyriders to go out and go-kart! This week, they said:

"Joy-riders going out in a city centre, stealing cars and driving around and killing themselves need to go through the court process and you need a punishment. But at the same time what is going to stop them doing it again the following Thursday? We suggest, for example, car mechanic courses, the opportunity to go on a weekend to ride cars round a track."

You want these incompetent boobs running the country?
    you any better ideas?
    giving aimless youth something interesting and exciting to do may well work. my only critism is ...surely places like this should be open to those who haven't offended as well.
  • Options
    "But it must be matched with a punishment as well as the restorative element," he added.

Get the full quote.

Also
    Mr Oaten also warned the police needed to be better equipped, saying the AA and RAC often had more kit than the average police car.

The plan for community justice panels is part of what Mr Oaten calls "tough liberalism" - policies which he says are liberal, effective, but not perceived as weak
  • Options
    well it doesnt sound that outlandish, if thats your best dig at their policy then its still far better then Cons and Labour's......
  • Options
    Originally posted by morrocan roll
    you any better ideas?
    giving aimless youth something interesting and exciting to do may well work. my only critism is ...surely places like this should be open to those who haven't offended as well.

ooo ooo me me! I want to play! :D