Home Politics & Debate
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨
Options

The Bush family Nazi connection

Bush's grandfather helped Hitler's rise to power

It is very rich indeed to hear Dubya talk about 'evil' and accusing others of 'appeasing to tyrants' given his own family's proud record...

I would be interested to hear Thanatos' thoughts about this.
Beep boop. I'm a bot.

Comments

• Options
    Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    I have no doubt in my mind that we all have ancestors who've done things we don't agree with. What's your point mate? Other than you can't resist a dig at bush.
  • Options
    Originally posted by Fiend_85
    I have no doubt in my mind that we all have ancestors who've done things we don't agree with. What's your point mate? Other than you can't resist a dig at bush.

Perhaps because Bush is the President of the USA? *Slight* thing of importance there.
  • Options
    The first point goes is to reiterate that the Bush family is riddled with criminals, cheats and liars who are not fit to be in office. That they are is an extremely worrying prospect, as events in Florida in 2000 and subsequently in the White House have only shown too well.

The second point is to illustrate the supreme hypocrisy of Dubya who somehow sees himself a judge of who and what constitutes evil but has made no public condemnation of his granddad being a collaborator with arguably the most evil human being that ever lived. And let's not even mention comments made towards France, Spain, anti-war protesters, etc regarding "appeasement".

It's the first point that should be the most worrying though. You have to wonder how on earth such a family has managed to have a Nazi collaborator elected Senator, two Presidents, and a Governor who couldn't be any more corrupt if he tried.
  • Options
    Originally posted by lukesh
    hummm I thought family can't be blamed on the individual?

As if I remember a while back I mentioned something about Saddams cousins claiming asylum in Stoke. I ojected to this but you guys said that it wasn't their fault they were related to Saddam.
    You are right that family members should not be blamed for the actions of a relative (if they had no part in any wrongdoing).

However as politicians and Presidents of the US the two Georges should have distanced themselves from their father/grandfather and his disgusting association and collaboration with the Nazis.

Instead they let the cover up remain and have so far failed to say a word of condemnation.

While at the same time naturally lecturing others about 'good', 'evil', 'justice' and 'appeasement'.

The masters of hypocrisy strike again.
  • Options
    No. I am connecting Dubya's grandfather with the Nazis because there was indeed a connection between him and Hitler's boys.

I am accusing him of being a scumbag collaborator, and his son and grandson of being hypocrites, liars and dishonest. I'm not comparing them with the Nazis though.

This is just another insight into this 'fascinating' family.
  • Options
    noones saying it's Bush's fault that his grandad collaborated with Nazis........but that doesnt mean to say his whole family line arent corrupt elitists, which perpetrates their hold on power down the years, American politics without corruption is like Man Utd without Rio, unthinkable.
  • Options
    Originally posted by Aladdin

This is just another insight into this 'fascinating' family.

My grandfather and two uncles are doctors. but I won't be, three memebers of my family were born in northern africa. but I've never been there. My sister is a pyscologist, my brother an economist, my dad votes conservative. But I am my own person. This is a pointless thing to bring up. The link very interesting, but has nothing to do with the abillity of Bush to lead his country.

The fact he's a wanker does.
  • Options
    Re: The Bush family Nazi connection

These accusations are nothing new. They were made by Michael Moore in his countless books, where he propogates left-wing values and conspiracy theories. It is also of no surprise to find this story was featured in The Guardian newspaper, possibly the most left-wing paper in the country today. The truth is that these accusations are irrelevant in today's world.
  • Options
    Originally posted by Renzokuken
    Perhaps because Bush is the President of the USA? *Slight* thing of importance there.

But Prescott Bush is not. So it's of zero importance.
  • Options
    I agree. These accusations are serious, but not especially relevant in today's world. This is merely dirt thrown by people who have a left-wing agenda and hate what President Bush is doing in the USA - promoting family values, and safeguarding the country.
  • Options
    It depends on whether the Bushes have denied the allegations or participated in any cover-up efforts.

Even if they hadn't, it would be a good thing for the sake of balance if the next time Bush sees fit to brand whole nations as 'collaborators' or 'appeasers' he ensures he publicly declares what he thinks of his own grandfather's collaboration and appeasement.
  • Options
    This really is of no relevance to the world today. The world now is a very different one to that in 1945. President Bush has far more important matters to be dealing with than denying left-wing nonsense such as this. His presidency has seen the economy in recovery, the opposition tearing itself apart. Bush is too busy running the world and making our world a safer place to worry about such an issue.
  • Options
    Perhaps Aladdin, but all you've given is that Prescott Bush was a knob-jockey. Bearing in mind that the USA weren't interested in WW2 until Pearl Harbour
    I think WW2 just started!
    Gah!
  • Options
    Perhaps we can now discuss the many achievement of President Bush's four years in office, instead of pandering to some hidden left-wing agenda.
  • Options
    Sorry, achievments? Like the trillion dollars in tax cuts for the rich?
  • Options
    This measure was designed to give a boost to the economy, by helping those people who have created jobs in the first place to create more jobs.
  • Options
    Bollocks.
  • Options
    Bush argued that the US economy needed a boost and it has got one. He has been accused, including here by fiend_85, of robbing the poor to pay the rich. George W Bush has always had one huge advantage. His opponents have often underestimated him. For example, his opponent for the Texas governorship dismissed him as "Shrub". She lost.
  • Options
    Achievements?

G. W. Bush is simply the very worst President in the history of the United States.

There is not a single thing he's done right. Not one.
  • Options
    Political opponents are supposed to dimiss each other. No-one votes for a person with no confidence in themselves.

It's odd how the economy was fine under the Democrat way of doing things. I know that Bush has had to cope with the difficulties of reading my pet goat on september 11th. But all he's done is give backhanders to the rich.
  • Options
    George W. Bush has made for a fine president. He has shown resilience in the face of terrorism, he has cut taxes for the nation, he has created wealth and jobs, he has made Iraq a safer place, he has shown moral character and fibre so lacking in his predecessor. To call him the worst president in history is not only ignorant, but downright insulting.
  • Options
    :lol:

oh god, you're serious aren't you?
  • Options
    George W. Bush has also done something else that makes me very proud. He has ignored and infuriated the left-wing, right-on, politically correct lobby that inhabit too much of the country nowadays. Anyone who can annoy these anti-elitists is deserving of office.
  • Options
    Oh yeah?

A few figures about the economy. They're from last year but nothing has changed since. See what a good job Bush has done for this country:

$127 billion: Amount of US budget surplus in the year that Bush became President in 2001

$374 billion: Amount of US budget deficit in the fiscal year for 2003

1st: This year's deficit is on course to be the biggest in United States history

$1.58 billion: Average amount by which the US national debt increases each day

$23,920: Amount of each US citizen's share of the national debt as of 19 January 2004

1st: The record for the most bankruptcies filed in a single year (1.57 million) was set in 2002

+6%: Percentage change since 2001 in the number of US families in poverty

2.4 million: Number of Americans who have lost their jobs during the three years of the Bush administration

221,000: Number of jobs per month created since Bush's tax cuts took effect. He promised the measure would add 306,000

1,000: Number of new jobs created in the entire country in December. Analysts had expected a gain of 130,000

1st: This administration is on its way to becoming the first since 1929 (Herbert Hoover) to preside over an overall loss of jobs during its complete term in office

9 million: Number of US workers unemployed in September 2003

Now let's examine the caring, considerate, compassionate man he is:

1st: First president to execute a federal prisoner in the past 40 years. Executions are typically ordered by separate states and not at federal level

$300 million: Amount cut from the federal programme that provides subsidies to poor families so they can heat their homes

1st: George W Bush became the first American president to ignore the Geneva Conventions by refusing to allow inspectors access to US-held prisoners of war

700: Number of people from around the world the US has incarcerated in Guantanamo Bay, Cuba

200: Number of public-health and environmental laws Bush has attempted to downgrade or weaken

3: Number of children convicted of capital offences executed in the US in 2002. America is only country openly to acknowledge executing children

1st: As Governor of Texas, George Bush executed more prisoners (152) than any governor in modern US history

0: Number of coffins of dead soldiers returning home from Iraq that the Bush administration has allowed to be photographed

0: Number of funerals or memorials that President Bush has attended for soldiers killed in Iraq

Iraq 'achievements' to follow
  • Options
    Many of the figures you have quoted come from highly dubious sources. If you took your figures from Michael Moore, then they clearly hold no credibility.
  • Options
    Rubbish. Those figures come from the US State department and from established, respected media organisations, and were compiled by the Independent.

Can't you really do any better than to suggest the figures are not correct?
  • Options
    Originally posted by Aladdin

3: Number of children convicted of capital offences executed in the US in 2002. America is only country openly to acknowledge executing children

Define 'child' for us?
  • Options
    The article does not say but I'd imagine they are under-18s.

And then there are those who killed when they were children aged 10 or 12 years old, and who are kept in jail until they turn 18, upon which they're executed.

To the best of my knowledge, not even China descends to such monstrosities.
  • Options
    I hold no torch for figures quoted by The Independent newspaper.
  • Options
    They're quoted, not invented by.