Home Politics & Debate
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨
Options

Bush calls for gay marriage ban

Comments

• Options
    Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    Originally posted by SlimeFace
    9/10 More a conscious decision, too oftenly a fashion statement, how it became fashionable to wear pooh on your willy confuses the soul out of me though!

Total ignorant nonsense.
  • Options
    Prejudice. Moral understanding & admittance to self if you please son.

Semantically null statement. And I'd watch who you call son btw, boy.
  • Options
    Originally posted by the sole liber
    Damn, marriage should NOT EVEN BE determined by the state!!

I knew you would say that, I must be psychic!
  • Options
    Because they blame their irregular mindstate on genetic stranding.

Born gay, erm, Nope.

Born human, & mentally make an independant choice to never naturally procreate & raise a new era of beautiful seeds into this world.

PEACE ;)

How can it be a choice numnuts, maybe we've stumbled on a closet case...
  • Options
    From the Universal Declaration of Human Rights:
    Article 16.

(1) Men and women of full age, without any limitation due to race, nationality or religion, have the right to marry and to found a family. They are entitled to equal rights as to marriage, during marriage and at its dissolution.

It doesn't say that it has to be a man and a woman getting married, it says that men and women have the right to marry. Whether it's a man and a man or a woman and a woman - it's not defined. Therefore arguably not allowing gays/lesbians to marry is a breach of their human rights.
  • Options
    I've had a sudden change of opinion on this topic.

Let Gays marry, if they want to and they feel right for one another then let them get on with it.

I don't give a fuck about it.
  • Options
    Originally posted by Shogun
    I've had a sudden change of opinion on this topic.

Let Gays marry, if they want to and they feel right for one another then let them get on with it.

I don't give a fuck about it.
    Glad to hear it!

SlimeFace, do you have any idea what you're on about?! Sorry, I am not trying to be rude but your opinions seem little more than uninformed prejudice. I have never met anyone who can honestly say they chose their sexuality. Not consciously, at the very least.
  • Options
    There is no evidence that Homosexuality is genetic or psychological. No proof either way.
  • Options
    Originally posted by The Matadore
    There is no evidence that Homosexuality is genetic or psychological. No proof either way.

Source?
  • Options
    Originally posted by The Matadore

On the flip side, there is NO PROOF that it's a choice!!

Research does INDICATE a genetic basis, albeit it's not conclusive!
  • Options
    Originally posted by TheShyBoyInTheCorner
    From the Universal Declaration of Human Rights:

It doesn't say that it has to be a man and a woman getting married, it says that men and women have the right to marry. Whether it's a man and a man or a woman and a woman - it's not defined. Therefore arguably not allowing gays/lesbians to marry is a breach of their human rights.

Well laws are subject to interpretation, aren't they?? :cool:
  • Options
    Because they blame their irregular mindstate on genetic stranding.

But they aren't hurting anyone.

Born gay, erm, Nope.

How many gay people do you know? because most of the ones I know have known they were gay since childhood.
    Born human, & mentally make an independant choice to never naturally procreate & raise a new era of beautiful seeds into this world.

If you aint gonna make babies, then you may aswell cut your exhistence short right about now.

Does that mean that an infertile couple shouldn't marry?

There's no real proof at all to where homosexuality comes from at all. I don't believe it's something people choose though. A friend of mine who's gay actually told me that he wishes he wasn't and that he could love a woman's body... because he'd love to have kids and live on a farm.

Well laws are subject to interpretation, aren't they??

Uhh... it's pretty damn clear what the quote says. How else could you interpret it? :eek2:
  • Options
    Firstly, y'all needs to stop with the "I'm so politically correct" bullshit, Half of y'all that preach "they don't hurt anyone, just let them be" would shit your pants if a person of the same sex came onto you. & what would y'all do if a transexual got you home & pulled out the hose on y'all? Infact don't answer, you'd prolly try & douse y'all flames.

As for the statement about an infertile couple! Chill your bones, If God hasn't blessed these couples with the gift to concieve then adoption, fostering, medical science etc, are but a few options.

Gay people aint about conceiving, they HAVE THE OPTION to procreate in a large % of cases, & they take this option away from themselves by CHOOSING to get freaky with someone of the same sex.

I'm a biggot? Because I believe that this countries so called "Christian law" has been raped to the point that the censors near enough no longer exhist.

Gay people have straight up took the piss, they control T.V., parts of the media, & basically have as many rights as they want.

Y'all carry on sucking they nuts, as soon as they run out of cream, they gon' fuck you up up son.

Quit actin pussy, & speak your weak uneducated minds fool..

Daaaamn, Im through wit' these kids..

Peac to the chosen few.

& quit makin me swear
  • Options
    Grow up. :rolleyes:
  • Options
    I have.

You seem to be the one with a "follow the crowd" attitude of life.

Research some shit, gather some information together, (you do know how to don't you?)..

I bet you agree with people on here just to try & hook up with one of the females from these boards, you see, I visit boards globally, just to see how many people are brain washed by the Devils pipeline (net), & it amazes me of how much of a grip Santa got on y'all.

Your balls must be burning they that close to hell..

So tell me, who are you, Are you you, Or are you who THEY want YOU to be?
  • Options
    Oh dear, oh dear, oh dear. :rolleyes:

For a start, I'm a good few years older than you. Yes, I do know how to research, I have a degree and used to work as a freelance researcher. It is you, who is ignorant and foolish.

First up
    y'all that preach "they don't hurt anyone, just let them be" would shit your pants if a person of the same sex came onto you.

I have had gay men come on to me. I just say, "I'm flattered, but I'm straight". Thats it. I consider it a compliment personally.
    & what would y'all do if a transexual got you home & pulled out the hose on y'all?

Transexual/transgendered people are not necessarily homosexual. Do some research.
    they take this option away from themselves by CHOOSING to get freaky with someone of the same sex.

Sexuality is not a choice. It is laid down generally by the age of 5. Do some research.
    I'm a biggot?

Yes.
    Because I believe that this countries so called "Christian law" has been raped to the point that the censors near enough no longer exhist.

What Christian law? I'm not a Christian. Our law is not decided by religion. If you want to live in a state like that, go and live in a Sharia Islamic state.
    Gay people have straight up took the piss, they control T.V., parts of the media, & basically have as many rights as they want.

You seem to be paranoid. Quit the skunk. And why shouldn't gay people have as many rights as straight people? They are people after all.
    Y'all carry on sucking they nuts, as soon as they run out of cream, they gon' fuck you up up son.

Peac to the chosen few.

:confused::confused::confused:

Quit the faux hip-hop speak. You're not in the Bronx.
  • Options
    So tell me, who are you, Are you you, Or are you who THEY want YOU to be?

Coming from someone who's swallowed the homophobic macho attitudes of hip hop, as well as all that Illumaniti conspiracy theory bollocks, I think maybe you need to look a little bit closer to home. :rolleyes:
  • Options

Peac to the chosen few.

& quit makin me swear

Are "y'all" for real Reverend?
  • Options
    Hey Blagsta,

You say you have had gay people approach you,

Are a cute little suave number with a pretty boy appeal, if so, you really really shouldn't be talking to poppy Sanzini in that disrespectful manner.

Now eat up & go to bed.
  • Options
    JadedJaded Posts: 2,682 Boards Guru
    No need to get personal Slimeface. I think you have dished out more than enough insults for one day.
  • Options
    Insults?

I speak my mind, have an oppinion & I get attacked for it?

Freedom of speach?

Now calm down, damn you people are erratic.
  • Options
    JadedJaded Posts: 2,682 Boards Guru
    I wasn't attacking, I was merely saying. And there is no problem with you speaking your mind because I am sure you are quite capable of doing that in an intellegent manner without resorting to insults...
  • Options
    I'll say please next time ;)
  • Options
    Disclaimer: Please check the names I'm dreading the obvious confusion.

Yo Westwood! Wotsupski? Any chance you be changin' your av, haters might be gettin' de minds twisted an' frontin ona a brother.

Word to the mutha, Peace Homey

Grandmaster BlackArab
  • Options
    Hey Blagsta,

You say you have had gay people approach you,

Are a cute little suave number with a pretty boy appeal, if so, you really really shouldn't be talking to poppy Sanzini in that disrespectful manner.

Now eat up & go to bed.

Can someone translate for me? :confused::confused:
  • Options
    Firstly, y'all needs to stop with the "I'm so politically correct" bullshit, Half of y'all that preach "they don't hurt anyone, just let them be" would shit your pants if a person of the same sex came onto you. & what would y'all do if a transexual got you home & pulled out the hose on y'all? Infact don't answer, you'd prolly try & douse y'all flames.

Nah, I get both girls and guys come on to me and I love the attention. ;) In fact I'm secure enough within my own sexuality not to care. I shared a bed with a lesbian a few weeks ago and she cuddled me. Big deal, I don't feel threatened by anything like that in the least. And why? because I'm too secure within myself to let what I can't change get to me (though I can still debate it, hehe).

As for the statement about an infertile couple! Chill your bones, If God hasn't blessed these couples with the gift to concieve then adoption, fostering, medical science etc, are but a few options.

What I was getting at is a common arguement against homosexual marriage is that the point of marriage is to join together a couple so they can start a family. I've heard it before. And I was going to point out, that if a couple are infertile then is it ok for them to get married? Seeing as they can't have kids.
    Gay people aint about conceiving, they HAVE THE OPTION to procreate in a large % of cases, & they take this option away from themselves by CHOOSING to get freaky with someone of the same sex.

How many gay people do you know?

I'm a biggot? Because I believe that this countries so called "Christian law" has been raped to the point that the censors near enough no longer exhist.

Depends what part of the Bible you read.

I read an article on this on the BNP website...

Um... no offense but in the entire post you haven't shown one bit of what is thought of as education. No scientific or sociological evidence in the least for your view point. In fact you insult people who don't share the same viewpoint as you and that m'dear is childish.

But isn't it ironic that you dare call people who oppose your views and who dare back them up a 'kid'.
  • Options
    I have.

You seem to be the one with a "follow the crowd" attitude of life.

Research some shit, gather some information together, (you do know how to don't you?)..

Which reminds me. Got any links to back up your evidence?

I bet you agree with people on here just to try & hook up with one of the females from these boards, you see, I visit boards globally, just to see how many people are brain washed by the Devils pipeline (net), & it amazes me of how much of a grip Santa got on y'all.

You can always tell when somebody's losing an arguement as they start to... or at least attempt to insult the opposition :p hehehe
    Your balls must be burning they that close to hell..

Why assume that everybody believes in heaven and hell and the idea that the afterlife is linear? Some believe in reincarnation.
  • Options
    Originally posted by Slimeface
    Your balls must be burning they that close to Hell.
    That's not only an unhelpful comment, but totally wrong. People do not go to hell for supporting gay marriage! Or even for being gay, it's dependent on faith alone.
  • Options
    Oh, man, dawg, are you one of those Black Panther bluds?
  • Options
    I don't think it's acceptable to take the bible at face value, as it is with every book. You have to look at context.

In Jesus' time people where less accepting. Jesus' diciples where male, because at that time only males where thought of as important. In todays modern setting women are equals (or should be) and so you now see female church leaders.

My point is that the church needs to addapt to the modern society we live in. The church supposidly welcomes anyone, and they can't do that if they effectively say that gays are second class citizens.