Home Health & Wellbeing
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨
Aged 16-25? Share your experience of using the discussion boards and receive a £25 voucher! Take part via text-chat, video or phone. Click here to find out more and to take part.
Options

I need a hug (v2.0) 💚

Comments

• Options
    Rose113Rose113 Community Champion Posts: 1,312 Wise Owl
    edited June 3
    My head hurts. Had a 2 hour and 18 min math exam this morning and now im in 3 hours of maths 😭 ive ran out braincells. I want to go home :s it's my last ever math lesson too
    ♡ she was like a star ♡
    ♡ nothing but a beautiful echo ♡
    ♡ of death ♡
  • Options
    My brain is fried, got an hour left 😭
    ♡ she was like a star ♡
    ♡ of death ♡
  • Options
    spacedogspacedog Posts: 984 Part of The Mix Family
    My GP is fighting to get me to stay in hospital because I won't be safe if I leave but the mental health team and hospital are insentient on getting me out
  • Options
    GemmaGemma Community Manager Posts: 774 Part of The Mix Family
    My GP is fighting to get me to stay in hospital because I won't be safe if I leave but the mental health team and hospital are insentient on getting me out

I'm sorry to hear this @IainJammyboy - it sounds like you feel safer if you remain in hospital right now. That sounds really difficult that the hospital team are wanting to send you home. It's good to hear your GP is advocating for you - keep us updated about where you're at.

Can you call a family member or a friend who could help advocate for you too? <3
  • Options
    amy02amy02 Moderator Posts: 185 Helping Hand
    edited June 3
    Just reaching out to send a big virtual hug to you @IainJammyboy we are here for you <3
  • Options
    @amy02 thank you. @Gemma so the nurses understand now they just want to help keep me safe which they are happy supporting me with and are going to advocate to my mental health team on my behalf too which Is good. Be spending the rest of today and tonight here but I'm really unsure what's happening tomorrow but I'll be really really surprised if they send me home
  • Options
    I feel like I didn't try hard enough with injuring myself
  • Options
    Can't sleep
  • Options
    Worried about today
  • Options
    edited June 4
    My lsa thinks i have autism
    ♡ she was like a star ♡
    ♡ of death ♡
  • Options
    I spoke to one of the nurses on the ward who is extremely insistent on helping me so I told her about the clear suicide plan and intent if I was discharged from hospital and she completely believes me. I had another evaluation with the same mental health nurse - she was a complete fucking joke, I told her about the plan and intent and how I wouldn't be safe, but she was quick to finish the meeting and apparently what was written in my notes was "no sense of distress, no further suicidal thoughts or intent anymore" she just straight up fucking lied. The nice nurse basically said shes not going to send me home in the state I'm in which I appreciate so I'm staying in hospital again for at least another day while I speak to a different mental health worker and doctor - being put in a room that's designed for simply the safety of patients - I mean apparently the equivalent of a psychiatric ward but there is no ward in this hospital lol - she wants the best for me and I really appreciate that
  • Options
    They're sending me home and there's nothing anyone can do
  • Options
    genderless_fungigenderless_fungi Moderator Posts: 177 Helping Hand
    Hello @IainJammyboy

You're going through a lot at the moment and it's good you decided to reach out and tell us about your situation. I understand that you don't want to go home and I'm sorry they are discharging you so soon from the hospital. What kind of support do you think you might need going forward? Is there anything we can do to make the situation easier for you?

In the mean time, I'll just remind you of some services you can contact when in a crisis
    Crisis Messenger (24/7) | text THEMIX to 85258
    Samartians (24/7) | call 116 123 | email jo@samaritans.org
    Papyrus (2pm-midnight) | call 0800 068 41 41 | text 07786 209 697 | email pat@payrus-uk.org
    Supportline (hours vary) | call 01708 765 200
    Childline | call 0800 11 11
    FAQ | How to report a post | How to report spam
    I'm a community moderator. I'm here to help guide discussions and make sure Community Guidelines are followed. I can't send DMs, but you can message @TheMix or email community@themix.org.uk with questions or concerns.
  • Options
    libbystrawberrylibbystrawberry Community Champion Posts: 606 Incredible Poster
    im tired of not being good enough
    'And then one random night when everything changes you won't reply and we'll go back to strangers'
  • Options
    Crying my eyes out and urges are bad. Can't sleep cos soon as I close my eyes I see a creepy face 😐
    ♡ she was like a star ♡
    ♡ of death ♡
  • Options
    ebyrne556ebyrne556 Moderator Posts: 897 Part of The Mix Family
    Hi @Rose113
    Just checking in on you this morning sounds like things were really difficult last night and just checking your safe this morning <3
    Sending hugs
    FAQ | How to report a post | How to report spam
    I'm a community moderator. I'm here to help guide discussions and make sure Community Guidelines are followed. I can't send DMs, but you can message @TheMix or email community@themix.org.uk with questions or concerns.
  • Options
    Applied for another job
    ♡ she was like a star ♡
    ♡ of death ♡
  • Options
    Rose113 wrote: »
    Crying my eyes out and urges are bad. Can't sleep cos soon as I close my eyes I see a creepy face 😐

Hey @Rose113 can I just check in to see if these were self-harm urges you're referring to? How are you doing this afternoon - do you feel safe? <3

It's really great to see you keeping yourself busy and that you've applied for another job - congrats! We're here for you. <3
  • Options
    @Gemma they were SH and suicidal ones. Still feel crap and still got sh urges but im safe
    ♡ she was like a star ♡
    ♡ of death ♡
  • Options
    They're sending me home and there's nothing anyone can do

Hey @IainJammyboy, I'm really hearing how difficult things are feeling for you right now - the staff team will check in with you via DM to make sure you're being supported as we really care about you. <3

Remember to reach out to these lovely services:
    *If you need urgent help or have any concerns for your health or safety, the quickest way to get help is to call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. 
    *Local urgent mental health helpline | Open 24/7 | Find details about your local service here.
    *Crisis Messenger - Our crisis messenger text service provides free, 24/7 crisis support across the UK. If you’re aged 25 or under, you can text THEMIX to 85258.
    *Papyrus - If you are having thoughts of suicide, you can contact HOPELINEUK for confidential support and practical advice. You can call them on 0800 068 4141 or text them on 07786209697.
    *Samaritans are reachable by phone and email 24/7. Whatever you're going through, you can call them any time, from any phone on 116 123.
  • Options
    edited June 5
    Rose113 wrote: »
    @Gemma they were SH and suicidal ones. Still feel crap and still got sh urges but im safe

Glad to hear you're feeling like you can keep yourself safe @Rose113. <3

Is there anything you've found that usually helps you when you're experiencing these self-harm urges? I'm wondering if there's anything you could do to look after yourself today?

I know I've shared this before, but the organisation Mind has a great article with some tips on coping with urges to SH. There are also apps like Calm Harm and distrACT with tips and techniques on coping with SH - we'd always recommend trying these things out. <3
  • Options
    Finished my customer service course now
    ♡ she was like a star ♡
    ♡ of death ♡
  • Options
    Amy22Amy22 Posts: 4,166 Community Veteran
    I feel so tired this week everything been so busy and I ended up reading bluebbery tf stories again on devinart hate like im stuck in a habit :/
    Just a person who likes pop culture and films
  • Options
    AifeAife Community Manager Posts: 3,066 Boards Guru
    @Rose113 I'm hearing you're in a really tough place at the moment. We're here for you <3. Do you feel comfy sharing with us the type of relapse you've had and whether you're feeling safe currently? If you are worried about your safety at all, or needing any support with the relapse you've had I'll pop a few places you can reach out to for support below :)

@Chloe234 sending lots of hugs your way, do you feel comfy sharing whether you're referring to self-harm? We're here to support you <3. Do let us know if you're feeling safe and remember these services below are always a call or text away anytime you need someone to talk to. Keep going <3
    * Local urgent mental health helpline | Open 24/7 | Find details about your local service here.
    *Crisis Messenger (24/7) | text THEMIX to 85258
    *Samaritans (24/7) | call 116 123 | email jo@samaritans.org
    *Papyrus (2pm-midnight) | call 0800 068 41 41 | text 07786 209 697 | email pat@payrus-uk.org

You're both doing so well to reach out for help, keep going <3
    Maybe somethings don't get better, but we do. We get stronger. We learn to live with our situations as messy and ugly as they are. We fix what we can and we adapt to what we can't. Maybe some of us will never fully be okay, but at least we're here. We're still trying. We're doing the best we can. That's worth celebrating too ❤
  • Options
    libbystrawberrylibbystrawberry Community Champion Posts: 606 Incredible Poster
    i cant remember the last time my mum said well done or congratulated me , all she does is put me down
    'And then one random night when everything changes you won't reply and we'll go back to strangers'