Home Health & Wellbeing
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨
Options

I need a hug (v2.0) 💚

Comments

• Options
    GemmaGemma Community Manager Posts: 774 Part of The Mix Family
    edited June 12
    FordRanger wrote: »
    I've got bad indigestion
    Fucking owww

How are you doing @FordRanger? Is the indigestion causing you grief? <3
  • Options
    One nurse suggested it's bipolar

How are you feeling about the nurse suggesting that @IainJammyBoy? <3
  • Options
    FordRangerFordRanger Posts: 1,416 Wise Owl
    edited June 12
    Gemma wrote: »
    I've got bad indigestion
    Fucking owww

How are you doing @FordRanger? Is the indigestion causing you grief? <3

@Gemma yh I've still got it, it felt like I swallowed lava last night and I'm just stressing about job searching too, plus I'm meant to be going home today but it's just the whole airport stuff it's all extremely long. Chat break is over too, hopefully the boards chat thread is on though. Hope you're good, thanks a lot for checking up on me too.
  • Options
    edited June 12
    @Gemma yh I've still got it, it felt like I swallowed lava last night and I'm just stressing about job searching too, plus I'm meant to be going home today but it's just the whole airport stuff it's all extremely long. Chat break is over too, hopefully the boards chat thread is on though. Hope you're good, thanks a lot for checking up on me too.

Ah no that sounds horrible! Hope it eases up for you soon. You could always visit a pharmacy to see if they can give you anything to help. <3

I hope you have a safe flight home today. I know airports are always stressful places, and I often find travelling overwhelming. Do you have some nice things you can pack in your bag for long waits you might have or for the flight? That might be some headphones, a book, magazine, puzzles, or games to play.

The chat thread is due to run on Friday so you're more than welcome to hop on then - I'm sure the mods will be really looking forward to catching up with you all.

In terms of the job search, I know you've been finding that super tricky of late. Try not to put too much pressure on yourself. You're on your own journey and it's easier said than done, but we shouldn't compare ourselves to others. <3
  • Options
    FordRangerFordRanger Posts: 1,416 Wise Owl
    Back now. Flight was half empty which was good.
  • Options
    libbystrawberrylibbystrawberry Community Champion Posts: 605 Incredible Poster
    i didnt know it could get any worse
    'And then one random night when everything changes you won't reply and we'll go back to strangers'
  • Options
    AnonymousToeAnonymousToe Posts: 1,143 Wise Owl
    I’m not even allowed to be independent, my parents want control over absolutely everything 😭
  • Options
    IainJammyboyIainJammyboy Posts: 979 Part of The Mix Family
    @Gemma it kinda makes sense
  • Options
    SienaSiena Posts: 15,558 Skive's The Limit
    Does that mean if I go completely of the rails again and try to kill myself I might actually get help cause will already be at that level of unstable
    “And when they look at you, they won't see everything you've been through. They won't see the **** that turned to scars that began to fade with time. They won't see the heartbreaking things that shook up and changed your entire world. They won't know how many tears you cried or even what it was you were crying about. They won't see how strong you had to be because you had no other choice. What they will see though is how compassionate you are because you experienced pain. What they will see is how kind you are because you experienced how cruel the world is. What they will see is how good you are because you've seen how bad things or people can be. The difference between you and your experiences are who you choose to be, despite everything that could have turned you cold and unkind.You are the good the world needs and the best of us.” ~ Kirsten Corley
  • Options
    I don't want to be in hospital or do anything but this sense of just distress and it just feels like torture - I'd do anything to get rid of it
  • Options
    Drinking just really calms me down
  • Options
    Triggered, struggling to cope with it

Hey @AnonymousToe, just dropping in to see how you're getting on? You're doing so well to keep reaching out and chatting us. If you want to talk some more about what's led you to feel this way, we're here for you. Sending hugs <3
  • Options
    Siena wrote: »
    My mental health worker said it’s really hard to get any support for me because everyone is scared of destabilising me and basically don’t want to kill me off
    But leaving me with nothing isn’t exactly helpful just because don’t have the responsibility of me
    Siena wrote: »
    Does that mean if I go completely of the rails again and try to kill myself I might actually get help cause will already be at that level of unstable

Hey @Siena, I'm really hearing how much you're going through right now. It's so difficult to hear that your MH team aren't offering you any support for fear of destabilising you. This feels completely counter intuitive doesn't it! Do you have an idea of what kind of support you feel would be helpful for them to offer you at this point?

I know you had built up some good relationships with some of your medical team, whether that be nurses or other support workers. Is there anyone you trust to share these frustrations with to see if they can help advocate for you? <3

You shouldn't have to have these thoughts - feeling like you'd get more help if you were less stable. You're deserving of support now that works for you and to have a support system around you.

Please remember that there are places you can turn to. If you are struggling, we do have our Crisis Messenger text service which provides free, 24/7 crisis support across the UK. You don't have to be in crisis to contact them. You can just text THEMIX to 85258.

Sending big hugs and lots of strength <3
  • Options
    Rose113 wrote: »
    No one ever has time for me, I give up.

Hey @Rose113 I just wanted to say that I've dropped you a reply on your recent thread - please keep reaching out. We have time for you and we want to listen and support you. <3
  • Options
    I don't want to be in hospital or do anything but this sense of just distress and it just feels like torture - I'd do anything to get rid of it

Sending big hugs @IainJammyboy <3

I know you've mentioned you've been drinking to help calm you down. I'm just wondering if there is anything else you find helpful in alleviating some of those feelings of distress?

I'm aware last month you mentioned you had been trying mood stabilisers. Are those helping at all? I know you mentioned one of the nurses suggested it's bipolar and so I wondered if they were helping explore any treatments or therapies with you? <3
  • Options
    Rose113Rose113 Community Champion Posts: 1,255 Wise Owl
    Skipping class tomorrow. Feel so shit. Need a day to be on my own :'(
    ✨ Just a stupid worthless freak ready to give up ✨
  • Options
    @Gemma thank you - I mean it's just sedating medication or drinking but they won't prescribe me any more of that medication. giving the medication a try but it's not doing anything yet. I've tried therapy for about 6 months but we were discussing how it's just not much use seeing I can't seem to understand my own thoughts or even how I feel, so it makes it really really difficult - pretty much impossible