Home General Chat
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨
Options

General chit chat

Comments

• Options
    Amy22Amy22 Posts: 4,022 Community Veteran
    @Supernova Aww thank you so much. Hopefully I will be feeling a bit more perkier tomorrow. Otherwise I've been good, I haven't done too much. I been on YouTube for most of the day.
    Just a person who likes pop culture and films
  • Options
    @Supernova Aww thank you so much, fingers crossed I'll be feeling a bit more perkier tomorrow ready for the week. Apart from my cold, I've had a nice relaxing day mostly spent on YouTube :)
  • Options
    Past UserPast User Posts: 0 Just got here
    That's fair, honestly it's been much of the same for me :p

Hey is it just general chat that's not on btw? Or is support cancelled aswell?
  • Options
    I think there is both general and support on today. There is a support thread I saw on the boards tonight. I think the group chat has been cancelled tonight.
  • Options
    JellyelephantJellyelephant Posts: 1,878 Extreme Poster
    anyone got any plans for tomorrow?
    The sun will rise and we will try again 
  • Options
    Ed_Ed_ Moderator Posts: 1,551 Extreme Poster
    Supernova wrote: »
    That's fair, honestly it's been much of the same for me :p

Hey is it just general chat that's not on btw? Or is support cancelled aswell?

All chats tonight are on the boards, we have a support thread going on over here
    FAQHow to report a post | How to report spam
    I'm a community moderator. I'm here to help guide discussions and make sure Community Guidelines are followed. I can't send DMs, but you can message @TheMix or email community@themix.org.uk with questions or concerns.

• Options
    Dancer wrote: »
    Me and my mum got takeaway for dinner and then when it arrived, I went to go and answer the door to get it. One of my cats was standing at the front door waiting for me along with the delivery person.

They wanted to make sure you included their order. What did you go for?
    I'm a community moderator. I'm here to help guide discussions and make sure Community Guidelines are followed. I can't send DMs, but you can message @TheMix or email community@themix.org.uk with questions or concerns.

• Options
    Im not too sure what I might do tomorrow. I know this probably sounds silly but I have been feeling a bit bored since college has finished tbh.
  • Options
    @Dancer aww lovely, takeway sounds nice. I could go for a takeaway when I'm better
  • Options
    Doesn't sound silly at all, lack of routine can make things kinda meh. What sorts of things are you interested in?

I play games with and chat to my old school mates on Sundays, but besides that not a lot. Honestly I kind of hope some of my friends start going to the gym again. Either that or I'm gonna have to change my membership to a cheaper and closer gym.
  • Options
    JellyelephantJellyelephant Posts: 1,878 Extreme Poster
    Amy22 wrote: »
    Im not too sure what I might do tomorrow. I know this probably sounds silly but I have been feeling a bit bored since college has finished tbh.

that's not silly - I've been a bit bored too! trying to keep occupied. Might go to the park tomorrow for a walk
    The sun will rise and we will try again 
  • Options
    edited August 2022
    Amy22 wrote: »

that's not silly - I've been a bit bored too! trying to keep occupied. Might go to the park tomorrow for a walk
    Supernova wrote: »
    Doesn't sound silly at all, lack of routine can make things kinda meh. What sorts of things are you interested in?

I play games with and chat to my old school mates on Sundays, but besides that not a lot. Honestly I kind of hope some of my friends start going to the gym again. Either that or I'm gonna have to change my membership to a cheaper and closer gym.

+1 to these, very easy for things to feel quite different when you lose a core part of your routine, even if it is only a temporary loss. Sometimes, having a goal you want to achieve before going back to college (assuming you are) can be quite helpful. Doesn't need to be a big one, but perhaps one where you need to do little and often activities to achieve it. For example, it could be learning to solve a rubiks cube, or building something (lots of great tutorials on youtube using pallet wood that you can find really easily for free, and may even be a community workshop you can find locally).

• Options
    @Supernova and @Jellyelephant Thank you so much, its just I've been trying to think of things to do atm. I sometimes do crochet, I'm currently making a blanket but I have kinda procrastinated my way through it lol 😂
  • Options
    @Jellyelephant going to the park sounds great, I bet that will be nice and lovely. I also like going to my local park as I find it relaxing :)
  • Options
    The parks near me are anything but relaxing :D
  • Options
    The park I go to has lots of dogs running around, it's so cute.
  • Options
    I cant wait for the week to start, I'm excited to start a dungeons and dragons game next week. I get a chance at playing my elf rogue character eek exciting :)
  • Options
    edited August 2022
    Aha awesome, rogues are simple but great at what they do. Expertise and sneak attack will carry your group far. :p I'm actually playing D&D today, just wish my sleep wasn't so cheeks and I could actually get some beforehand lol
  • Options
    edited August 2022
    @Supernova aw nice, I hope you enjoy your D and D game. What character are you playing as?. I got to agree with rogues, they sneaky but handy for the party. My character has got a ring of a Duke on it and they are going to use it as a way of getting into taverns for free lol 😂.
  • Options
    I'm playing a tempest cleric @Amy22 in a campaign that's been running for 2+ years XD

My first proper character was a rogue though ^^ Lemme know how your first session goes and whether you're enjoying your character! :)
  • Options
    edited August 2022
    Wow that's really amazing, I like the sound of a tempest cleric. I think this might be my second campaign that I'm in. I played a halfing light foot bard who was also a half dragon, then I changed my class to sorcerer. It was only 3 of us at the time, me and my boyfriend and the dm. The dm had to play with us too. We got some more ppl playing now which is better. I can't wait to play my rogue though.
  • Options
    We used to play the computer version roll20 d and d but a lot of ppl found it too complex to play online, so my friend the dm decided to get the board game version which is easier. I liked my bard, however I keep using melee attacks instead of using magic. It's kinda why I'm playing a rogue instead and I feel that's more of my fighting style in the game.
  • Options
    I hear you, we're getting to the end of our campaign so we're starting to think about our next characters. I'm kinda torn between illusion wizard and samurai fighter. Gonna be super fun though cause we're doin' a more morally grey story next time. Less save the world and more kill things, get money. :D

Yeah we used to play in person, then over lockdown switched to roll20, and now to a similar virtual tabletop called foundry. It'll for sure be nice to play a rogue after a bard. Bards are amazing too though aha. How big is your group this time?
  • Options
    Thats sounds awesome, I bet it will be cool finishing the campaign. I think its 5 or 4 of us now maybe more, though the one person might not come all the time.
  • Options
    Awesome! You're gonna love it I'm sure :)
  • Options
    Aww thank u so much.
  • Options
    Fingers crossed I'll be fine for it cuz of my dreaded throat n cold :# I got a gaming club tomorrow and I really want to go but this cold ooof
  • Options
    Morning
  • Options
    Morning all how are things?. :)
  • Options
    I just found the gaming club I go to is cancelled for 2 weeks :#