Home General Chat
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨
Options

General chit chat

Comments

• Options
    Past UserPast User Posts: 0 Just got here
    Heyo
  • Options
    DurhamjaideDurhamjaide Posts: 1,225 Wise Owl
    Hi how are you all doing
  • Options
    Past UserPast User Recovering🥀 LondonPosts: 0 Just got here
    The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • Options
    DandelionDandelion Posts: 1,911 Extreme Poster
    Hey @Zay im sorry to hear you’ve been struggling I hope you’re starting to feel a bit better now. It’s nice to have you back
    The steps you take don’t need to be big, they just need to take you in the right direction. 
  • Options
    Hello
  • Options
    jungkookjungkook Posts: 9 Confirmed not a robot
    hello
    new here

i joined here cause i'm going through a lot of things
    hope to find support soon
  • Options
    Hey @jungkook it’s nice to meet you how are you?
    The steps you take don’t need to be big, they just need to take you in the right direction. 
  • Options
    Hi how is everyone doing?
  • Options
    Evening @Durhamjaide

How are you?
  • Options
    SienaSiena Posts: 15,544 Skive's The Limit
    Look at what I found in my local shop

@TheMix
    @Aife
    @Mike

Thought well random as only that
    lelvvyanqj3u.jpeg
    “And when they look at you, they won't see everything you've been through. They won't see the **** that turned to scars that began to fade with time. They won't see the heartbreaking things that shook up and changed your entire world. They won't know how many tears you cried or even what it was you were crying about. They won't see how strong you had to be because you had no other choice. What they will see though is how compassionate you are because you experienced pain. What they will see is how kind you are because you experienced how cruel the world is. What they will see is how good you are because you've seen how bad things or people can be. The difference between you and your experiences are who you choose to be, despite everything that could have turned you cold and unkind.You are the good the world needs and the best of us.” ~ Kirsten Corley
  • Options
    ooh that's cool @Shaunie I've not seen them before
  • Options
    JellyelephantJellyelephant Posts: 1,888 Extreme Poster
    im so bored. I've caught covid and I feel too ill to do anything except lie around in bed all day but its boring lol
    The sun will rise and we will try again 
  • Options
    Oh no @Jellyelephant sorry to hear that hope you feel better soon. Have you got any tv shows to watch, I’m currently rewatching the vampire diaries lol
  • Options
    Dandelion wrote: »
    Oh no @Jellyelephant sorry to hear that hope you feel better soon. Have you got any tv shows to watch, I’m currently rewatching the vampire diaries lol

aw thank you - yeah i just finished watching all of insatiable. Looking for a new series to watch :)
  • Options
    DancerDancer Community Champion Posts: 7,900 Master Poster
    Shaunie wrote: »

@TheMix
    @Aife
    @Mike

lelvvyanqj3u.jpeg

That looks great
    "There's a part of me I can't get back. A little girl grew up too fast. All it took was once. I'll never be the same." ~ Demi Lovato
    "The way that I have found the light in my life is through the expressive arts because I know that I will be accepted for the way I am." ~ Me
    "I'm going to get strong again and see you soon. " ~ Anonymous 
  • Options

aw thank you - yeah i just finished watching all of insatiable. Looking for a new series to watch :)

I was thinking about watching that is it good? What sort of stuff do you like watching
  • Options
    Ed_Ed_ Moderator Posts: 1,551 Extreme Poster

@TheMix
    @Aife
    @Mike

lelvvyanqj3u.jpeg

That's a good find! Think it was Christmas before last that they put these out and they gave a donation from every sale to The Mix. May still be a few bags in the office if @themix team fancy running a competition :lol:
    FAQHow to report a post | How to report spam
    I'm a community moderator. I'm here to help guide discussions and make sure Community Guidelines are followed. I can't send DMs, but you can message @TheMix or email community@themix.org.uk with questions or concerns.

• Options
    Ed_ wrote: »

@TheMix
    @Aife
    @Mike

lelvvyanqj3u.jpeg

That's a good find! Think it was Christmas before last that they put these out and they gave a donation from every sale to The Mix. May still be a few bags in the office if @themix team fancy running a competition :lol:

I can't actually see what those things are but anything that supports The Mix is amazing. What is in the bag?
    "There's a part of me I can't get back. A little girl grew up too fast. All it took was once. I'll never be the same." ~ Demi Lovato
    "The way that I have found the light in my life is through the expressive arts because I know that I will be accepted for the way I am." ~ Me
  • Options
    AifeAife Community Manager Posts: 3,054 Boards Guru
    We'll have to see if we can find them in the office and run a competition!

@Dancer you can see the whole range of sweets on Bonds website here - https://www.bonds-confectionery.co.uk/the-mix.html :)

Maybe somethings don't get better, but we do. We get stronger. We learn to live with our situations as messy and ugly as they are. We fix what we can and we adapt to what we can't. Maybe some of us will never fully be okay, but at least we're here. We're still trying. We're doing the best we can. That's worth celebrating too ❤
  • Options
    enorth1enorth1 Posts: 68 Boards Initiate
    I had no idea the mix did sweets, what a cool idea! I may have to look into getting some :smiley:
  • Options
    It was snowing this morning.
  • Options
    Yes I got a bit of snow but now it’s all clear
  • Options
    Hey, How is everyone today?
  • Options
    Hey, How is everyone today?

hey dandelion - i am ok thanks. Am happy because Im covid free now! How about you? x
  • Options
    Yay, I'm glad to hear that! I'm okay thanks trying to write a presentation but I keep getting distracted lol
  • Options
    whats your presentation on? I should be working on my assignment but im watching a film instead lol and yeh i was soooooo happy when i tested negative freedom at last lol
  • Options
    Its on cardiovascular disease it's for part of my dissertation. What film are you watching, im probably going to call it a day soon and watch some TV too :lol:
  • Options
    oh fun. Hope your diss is going ok? I watched a film called final score - its a drama its pretty much die hard but in a football stadium lol. Random but yeh. Just spent an hour doing some uni work so i feel like i've been productive now :smile: enjoy tv are you watching anything good atm?
  • Options
    Diss is going okay thanks, I handed in the actual project last week just need to do the presentation then im done, thank god. Ooh that sounds interesting I've never actually seen die hard, I probably should watch it lol. I'm just rewatching vampire diaries atm
  • Options
    SienaSiena Posts: 15,544 Skive's The Limit
    nr0b1i1l3ea8.jpeg

Loook how coollll
    “And when they look at you, they won't see everything you've been through. They won't see the **** that turned to scars that began to fade with time. They won't see the heartbreaking things that shook up and changed your entire world. They won't know how many tears you cried or even what it was you were crying about. They won't see how strong you had to be because you had no other choice. What they will see though is how compassionate you are because you experienced pain. What they will see is how kind you are because you experienced how cruel the world is. What they will see is how good you are because you've seen how bad things or people can be. The difference between you and your experiences are who you choose to be, despite everything that could have turned you cold and unkind.You are the good the world needs and the best of us.” ~ Kirsten Corley