Home General Chat
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨
Options

General chit chat

Comments

• Options
    DancerDancer Community Champion Posts: 7,854 Master Poster
    Period cramps suck
    "There's a part of me I can't get back. A little girl grew up too fast. All it took was once. I'll never be the same." ~ Demi Lovato
    "The way that I have found the light in my life is through the expressive arts because I know that I will be accepted for the way I am." ~ Me
    "I'm going to get strong again and see you soon. " ~ Anonymous 
  • Options
    DandelionDandelion Posts: 1,911 Extreme Poster
    Dancer wrote: »
    Period cramps suck

Totally agree, have you tried using heat patches I use ones called Cora heat (I think) from asda there pretty good for when you need to leave the house and last literally 10 hours
    The steps you take don’t need to be big, they just need to take you in the right direction. 
  • Options
    AnneFrypanAnneFrypan Posts: 335 The Mix Regular
    Hi how are you all doing?
  • Options
    Past UserPast User Posts: 0 Just got here
    Everyone doin okay?
  • Options
    I’m doing alright thanks @Supernova @AnneFrypan how are you guys?
    The steps you take don’t need to be big, they just need to take you in the right direction. 
  • Options
    independent_independent_ Community Champion Posts: 8,649 Legendary Poster
    Morning all feels like it’s been ages since I’ve been on this thread how are you all?
    “Sometimes the people around you won’t understand your journey. They don’t need to, it’s not for them.”
  • Options
    JellyelephantJellyelephant Posts: 1,885 Extreme Poster
    hey guys hows it going? I know right @independent_ its been a while. Anyone been up to much? x
    The sun will rise and we will try again 
  • Options
    Hey @Jellyelephant I’m still in a mini lockdown, my mum is covid positive so it’s a ticking time bomb, I’m fairly sure I’m going to end up with it too. So not been up to much, I’m also exhausted and now I’ve had dinner I’ve just gone to lie down to watch tipping point.

How have you been?
    “Sometimes the people around you won’t understand your journey. They don’t need to, it’s not for them.”
  • Options
    Hey @Jellyelephant I’m still in a mini lockdown, my mum is covid positive so it’s a ticking time bomb, I’m fairly sure I’m going to end up with it too. So not been up to much, I’m also exhausted and now I’ve had dinner I’ve just gone to lie down to watch tipping point.

How have you been?

ah sorry to hear that. Hope you and your mum are ok. Did you have anything nice for dinner?
    I've not been great but I went on a walk with a group my GP practice runs. Then just been watching tv and chilling.
  • Options
    Good evening! I am burnt out due to mock exams haha 9 weeks till GCSE exams. Wbu guys?
  • Options
    @Jellyelephant just burger and chips nothing exciting :lol: but it was nice. I tested negative for covid this morning but I’ve felt rubbish again this afternoon so I need to do another one in the morning. Sorry to hear you’ve not been doing great, always here if you need to chat <3

Evening @AnneFrypan how are you?
  • Options
    One-in-a-millionOne-in-a-million Posts: 605 Incredible Poster
    Absolutely rubbish afternoon but I’m bored now 😂
  • Options
    @Jellyelephant just burger and chips nothing exciting :lol: but it was nice. I tested negative for covid this morning but I’ve felt rubbish again this afternoon so I need to do another one in the morning. Sorry to hear you’ve not been doing great, always here if you need to chat <3

Evening @AnneFrypan how are you?

Hope you feel better soon :( sorry you’re feeling poorly
  • Options
    Hey @One-in-a-million sorry to hear you had a rough afternoon. Always here if you need to chat about anything <3

I've not been feeling too well anyways but testing negative for covid so I'm not sure if I'm getting covid or if this weird tiredness disease that I've got is just getting worse, but either way it's not very nice!
  • Options
    Hey @One-in-a-million sorry to hear you had a rough afternoon. Always here if you need to chat about anything <3

I've not been feeling too well anyways but testing negative for covid so I'm not sure if I'm getting covid or if this weird tiredness disease that I've got is just getting worse, but either way it's not very nice!

To be fair I fell ill a few weeks back ir was like flu. I was actually worse than when I had COVID. I had a cough, sore throat, aches, tiredness loss of appetite and hot/cold flashes.

I hope you feel better soon 💜❤️

And thank you I’ve had a little rant in support chat although it was a little too busy so people didn’t really notice but hey ho :)
  • Options
    I'm sorry you didn't get noticed in support chat but did the rant make you feel better?
  • Options
    @One-in-a-million I did see your rant, I couldn’t really keep up though and was struggling to reply it was so busy. But I saw it and I know what you’re on about. I hope the rant helped at least.

Thanks, I don’t know what I’ve got, I’ve been extremely tired for weeks and I’ve just had some bloods done to check that out but the past few days it’s been 10 times worse and everything really hurts. I’m doing covid tests every day because mum has covid but still negative so maybe something else.
  • Options
    SienaSiena Posts: 15,534 Skive's The Limit
    Hey how is everyone ?
    “And when they look at you, they won't see everything you've been through. They won't see the **** that turned to scars that began to fade with time. They won't see the heartbreaking things that shook up and changed your entire world. They won't know how many tears you cried or even what it was you were crying about. They won't see how strong you had to be because you had no other choice. What they will see though is how compassionate you are because you experienced pain. What they will see is how kind you are because you experienced how cruel the world is. What they will see is how good you are because you've seen how bad things or people can be. The difference between you and your experiences are who you choose to be, despite everything that could have turned you cold and unkind.You are the good the world needs and the best of us.” ~ Kirsten Corley
  • Options
    Shaunie wrote: »
    Hey how is everyone ?

Hey @Shaunie I’m not very well atm tested positive for covid this morning so I’m isolating as of now. How are you?
  • Options
    SienaSiena Posts: 15,534 Skive's The Limit
    Oh I’m sorry @independent_ Is that your first time?
    “And when they look at you, they won't see everything you've been through. They won't see the **** that turned to scars that began to fade with time. They won't see the heartbreaking things that shook up and changed your entire world. They won't know how many tears you cried or even what it was you were crying about. They won't see how strong you had to be because you had no other choice. What they will see though is how compassionate you are because you experienced pain. What they will see is how kind you are because you experienced how cruel the world is. What they will see is how good you are because you've seen how bad things or people can be. The difference between you and your experiences are who you choose to be, despite everything that could have turned you cold and unkind.You are the good the world needs and the best of us.” ~ Kirsten Corley
  • Options
    Oh I’m sorry @independent_ Is that your first time?

Yup @Shaunie mum caught it from school they had an outbreak in one of her classes and she was so ill me and dad had to look after her a lot so we’ve now got it. I’m quite bad with it but luckily dad seems ok.
  • Options
    DurhamjaideDurhamjaide Posts: 1,225 Wise Owl
    Hey how is everyone ?

I have had a rubbish week
  • Options
    Hey, how is everyone today?
  • Options
    Dandelion wrote: »
    Hey, how is everyone today?

A bit better today Wbu?
  • Options
    I’m glad to hear that @Durhamjaide im not too bad thanks
  • Options
    Dandelion wrote: »
    I’m glad to hear that @Durhamjaide im not too bad thanks

Good to hear wuu2?
  • Options
    I’m just chilling about to watch dancing on ice, wbu?
  • Options
    whats everyone up to today?
  • Options

Hey @Jellyelephant not much, I’ve had to go lie down for a while because I just feel so tired. I’m watching lingo just now!

How are you? What you been up to?
  • Options
    DancerDancer Community Champion Posts: 7,854 Master Poster

Hey @Jellyelephant not much, I’ve had to go lie down for a while because I just feel so tired. I’m watching lingo just now!

How are you? What you been up to?

Is that the show with Warwick Davis?
    "There's a part of me I can't get back. A little girl grew up too fast. All it took was once. I'll never be the same." ~ Demi Lovato
    "The way that I have found the light in my life is through the expressive arts because I know that I will be accepted for the way I am." ~ Me
    "I'm going to get strong again and see you soon. " ~ Anonymous