Home General Chat
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨
Options

General chit chat

Comments

• Options
    Laura_tigger82Laura_tigger82 Moderator Posts: 5,120 Part of The Furniture
    I'll try and find your post with links because I think that would be really helpful for many members of our community! <3
    FAQ | How to report a post | How to report spam
    I'm a community moderator. I'm here to help guide discussions and make sure Community Guidelines are followed. I can't send DMs, but you can message @TheMix or email community@themix.org.uk with questions or concerns.
  • Options
    SienaSiena Posts: 15,522 Skive's The Limit
    It ain’t gunna happen guys. Don’t panic x
    “And when they look at you, they won't see everything you've been through. They won't see the **** that turned to scars that began to fade with time. They won't see the heartbreaking things that shook up and changed your entire world. They won't know how many tears you cried or even what it was you were crying about. They won't see how strong you had to be because you had no other choice. What they will see though is how compassionate you are because you experienced pain. What they will see is how kind you are because you experienced how cruel the world is. What they will see is how good you are because you've seen how bad things or people can be. The difference between you and your experiences are who you choose to be, despite everything that could have turned you cold and unkind.You are the good the world needs and the best of us.” ~ Kirsten Corley
  • Options
    GreenTeaGreenTea Posts: 12,938 Born on Earth, Raised by The Mix
    People on side by side and beat are agreeing with me about lockdown. It's going to happen
  • Options
    I'll try and find your post with links because I think that would be really helpful for many members of our community! <3

It's the first pinned post
  • Options
    I mean might aswell cross the road when get to it. Otherwise no need to panic now
    “And when they look at you, they won't see everything you've been through. They won't see the **** that turned to scars that began to fade with time. They won't see the heartbreaking things that shook up and changed your entire world. They won't know how many tears you cried or even what it was you were crying about. They won't see how strong you had to be because you had no other choice. What they will see though is how compassionate you are because you experienced pain. What they will see is how kind you are because you experienced how cruel the world is. What they will see is how good you are because you've seen how bad things or people can be. The difference between you and your experiences are who you choose to be, despite everything that could have turned you cold and unkind.You are the good the world needs and the best of us.” ~ Kirsten Corley
  • Options
    I feel like denying the fact it's going to happen will make it Worse for yourself when it happens.
    I'd rather be prepared for it and accept it's gonna happen instead of be in denial and then be in a shit situation because of it
  • Options
    Thanks @GreenTea.

I don't think it is up to us whether or not it will happen. I certainly don't want to decide.

However, what is up to us is to ensure each of us feels supported and prepared no matter the outcome! <3
    I'm a community moderator. I'm here to help guide discussions and make sure Community Guidelines are followed. I can't send DMs, but you can message @TheMix or email community@themix.org.uk with questions or concerns.
  • Options
    Finally it’s 8
  • Options
    I don't want it to happen and never said it was up to me?????

I don't want it to happen but If you read the news and follow whats being said to schools...you'll know it's coming. Rather be ready for it than in denial
  • Options
    Stressing about it will ruin my days when i won’t be able to change anything when it comes to it anyway
  • Options
    Can change what you do in lockdown. Can plan for a lockdown. Have things in place. That's what I do and it helps. Being in denial about it makes things worse tbh.
  • Options
    I do me
  • Options
    Hi @GreenTea

Yes, indeed. I also want to be prepared. That is why I have already engaged in discussions within our community about how we can help if a lockdown was to happen. By doing that, I can ensure that support is in place if it happens. My Master's degree is in education so I am fully aware of what is happening in schools.

However, both of you are right, people deal with things in different ways and both are okay <3

Now, on a lighter note, who is enjoying Strictly this evening? :3
  • Options
    edited December 2021
    I work in education. I know what's being said all the time to education...was watching strictly but changed my mind
  • Options
    I don’t like strictly
  • Options
    Then we both know what's happening @GreenTea. This means we can both be prepared and support others too! I think that's wonderful

Oh no @Shaunie. What do you enjoy watching on Saturday evenings instead? I like to watch Casualty! :)
  • Options
    Then we both know what's happening @GreenTea. This means we can both be prepared and support others too! I think that's wonderful

Oh no @Shaunie
    . What do you enjoy watching on Saturday evenings instead? I like to watch Casualty! :)

So you know work packs for home learning has been been requested to put together?
  • Options
    My tv is broken 😞
  • Options
    hmm7l9dddnnh.jpg
  • Options
    No @GreenTea, I wasn't. I am primarily aware of special education so students have been required to work from home from the start due to vulnerabilities. I am also aware that many practitioners have been requesting home working before Christmas to ensure they don't catch COVID-19 so they can spend time with their families and friends rather than isolating. I am now though thanks to you!
  • Options
    First time in years I'm having a bath. Hoping it will help my headache
  • Options
    Oh no, this is frustrating @Shaunie :/ can you watch stuff on your current device?
  • Options
    8k9ysbzgrf4e.jpeg

Who’s the cutest
  • Options
    I like to multi task on my phone when I watch tv lol
  • Options
    No @GreenTea, I wasn't. I am primarily aware of special education so students have been required to work from home from the start due to vulnerabilities. I am also aware that many practitioners have been requesting home working before Christmas to ensure they don't catch COVID-19 so they can spend time with their families and friends rather than isolating. I am now though thanks to you!

I work in special education lmao. Most our kids have been in for all lockdowns..
  • Options
    Aww @Shaunie

Thanks for sharing a photo of your dog! Really cute <3

• Options
    He keeps pawing me when I stop stroking him
  • Options
    Bath is cold already. How pointless. Idk how people can sit in their dirt
  • Options
    I am really glad to hear that @GreenTea. I think the difference may be that you work in purely special education? Whereas I mean students with special educational needs and disabilities (e.g. Down's Syndrome and Cystic Fibrosis) in mainstream classrooms. Nevertheless, we can both use our experiences to support others and that is the role of this community! =)
  • Options
    edited December 2021
    K