Home General Chat
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨
Options

General chit chat

Comments

• Options
    Past UserPast User Recovering🥀 LondonPosts: 0 Just got here
    The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • Options
    GreenTeaGreenTea Posts: 12,938 Born on Earth, Raised by The Mix
    zaynab_5 wrote: »
    I have oil on my hair and cba to wash it off ugh

Interesting
  • Options
    I reckon we will be thrown into lockdown again in the next couple days
  • Options
    SienaSiena Posts: 15,522 Skive's The Limit
    zaynab_5 wrote: »
    Shaunie wrote: »
    I love Adele’s songs atm

Same I love her new album, what are your favourite songs? @Shaunie

Go eeeeeasy on me
    “And when they look at you, they won't see everything you've been through. They won't see the **** that turned to scars that began to fade with time. They won't see the heartbreaking things that shook up and changed your entire world. They won't know how many tears you cried or even what it was you were crying about. They won't see how strong you had to be because you had no other choice. What they will see though is how compassionate you are because you experienced pain. What they will see is how kind you are because you experienced how cruel the world is. What they will see is how good you are because you've seen how bad things or people can be. The difference between you and your experiences are who you choose to be, despite everything that could have turned you cold and unkind.You are the good the world needs and the best of us.” ~ Kirsten Corley
  • Options
    London have declared a major incident because of covid. I reckon lockdown will be in by Wednesday
  • Options
    DancerDancer Community Champion Posts: 7,814 Master Poster
    I have heard stuff about a firebreak lockdown possibly happening. Is that what you mean?
    "There's a part of me I can't get back. A little girl grew up too fast. All it took was once. I'll never be the same." ~ Demi Lovato
    "The way that I have found the light in my life is through the expressive arts because I know that I will be accepted for the way I am." ~ Me
    "I'm going to get strong again and see you soon. " ~ Anonymous 
  • Options
    Dancer wrote: »
    I have heard stuff about a firebreak lockdown possibly happening. Is that what you mean?

We ain’tgunna get another lock down
    “And when they look at you, they won't see everything you've been through. They won't see the **** that turned to scars that began to fade with time. They won't see the heartbreaking things that shook up and changed your entire world. They won't know how many tears you cried or even what it was you were crying about. They won't see how strong you had to be because you had no other choice. What they will see though is how compassionate you are because you experienced pain. What they will see is how kind you are because you experienced how cruel the world is. What they will see is how good you are because you've seen how bad things or people can be. The difference between you and your experiences are who you choose to be, despite everything that could have turned you cold and unkind.You are the good the world needs and the best of us.” ~ Kirsten Corley
  • Options

It's talks of a 2 week lockdown after Christmas. Currently in discussion with MPs
  • Options
    GreenTea wrote: »

It's talks of a 2 week lockdown after Christmas. Currently in discussion with MPs

That's what I meant
    "There's a part of me I can't get back. A little girl grew up too fast. All it took was once. I'll never be the same." ~ Demi Lovato
    "The way that I have found the light in my life is through the expressive arts because I know that I will be accepted for the way I am." ~ Me
  • Options
    Cases are hitting almost 100,000 a day. We will go into another lockdown soon. And the new veriant levels are so high
  • Options

We ain’tgunna get another lock down

Probably not another one as long and as harsh as it was back in March 2020 but maybe like it was back in November 2020. Anything is better than nothing. It's currently the worst we have had since the start of the pandemic and yet Bojo doesn't seem to care.
  • Options

That's what I meant

Nah London has declared major incident because of covid. I reckon it's gonna out pressure on government to lock us down before Christmas.. just like last year
  • Options
    There was an emergency cabinet meeting in parliament today so I reckon lockdown is coming
  • Options
    Laura_tigger82Laura_tigger82 Moderator Posts: 5,135 Part of The Furniture
    They sound wonderful @Shaunie

What sorts of songs are you enjoying listening to at the moment? :3
    FAQ | How to report a post | How to report spam
    I'm a community moderator. I'm here to help guide discussions and make sure Community Guidelines are followed. I can't send DMs, but you can message @TheMix or email community@themix.org.uk with questions or concerns.
  • Options
    Cases are hitting almost 100,000 a day. We will go into another lockdown soon. And the new veriant levels are so high

Even just 2 weeks of restrictions could really help to calm things down even if it is just going from 100,000 to 80,000 a day
  • Options

Even just 2 weeks of restrictions could really help to calm things down even if it is just going from 100,000 to 80,000 a day

Rates are going up rapidly with no signs of slowing down, and hospital admissions. Need a longer than 2 weeks lockdown. 2 weeks will stop it but doubt it will help, need a longer lockdown
  • Options
    There was an emergency cabinet meeting in parliament today so I reckon lockdown is coming

It's going to happen sooner or later isn't it?
  • Options

Yep. There will be some form of lockdown In place soon. Can guarantee tbh
  • Options
    Apollo wrote: »
    Hell yeah @Millie2787 the only thing I dread about being twenty is that I'll no longer be a teenage dirtbag hahaha

Haha, I love that song :)
    I'm a community moderator. I'm here to help guide discussions and make sure Community Guidelines are followed. I can't send DMs, but you can message @TheMix or email community@themix.org.uk with questions or concerns.
  • Options
    Millie2787 wrote: »
    @Apollo now I have to start being an adult 🤮🤣

What's an adult? I'm officially an adult but I prefer the phrase "big child!" (haha)
  • Options

Do you think it will be a firebreak, like it was in January or like it was last November?
  • Options
    Listening to NF now
  • Options

Do you think it will be a firebreak, like it was in January or like it was last November?

No I think it's gonna be long one
  • Options

So basically like how it was in January (step by step lifting of restrictions)
  • Options
    They can’t afford another lock down. It won’t happen
  • Options

So basically like how it was in January (step by step lifting of restrictions)

Maybe. Feel like we have gone full circle now
  • Options
    Hi all,

Adele is great, isn't she?

One of my favourite songs from Adele is Turning Tables! But there are many good songs.

Have any of you watched Adele at the BBC?

Coconut oil sounds lovely @zaynab_5 but there is only a certain amount of time you can keep it in before washing it out!

I am really sorry to hear how many of you are unfortunately worried about the possibility of a lockdown.

Lockdowns are understandably difficult as they bring change and can bring more isolation.

I hope we aren't put into a lockdown but is there anything we could do to support you if that was to happen?

Most of you already seem to recognise that the lockdown would be to keep us safe but this could be a particularly challenging time for you.

For me, I have been shielding since the beginning of the pandemic so I am largely used to staying indoors and not sure what would help!

Keep communicating with one another as it is through this communication that we can all support each other through these difficult times <3
  • Options
    They can’t afford another lock down. It won’t happen

I mean..they can and will.. hence why they keep having urgent cabinet meetings about it..like today and are drawing up plans for lockdown
  • Options
    Millie2787Millie2787 Community Champion Posts: 5,154 Part of The Furniture
    Nah there’s defo one coming my sister in laws sister is a teacher and they’ve been told to pack up there classroom and take resources home

Really don’t want it to last too long my sisters meant to be getting married in February

But hopefully with boris pushing for boosters and a lockdown it should curb things but things are defo getting worse we’ve gone form 11 cases where I work to 55 in just over a week
    Sometimes all you need is one person to believe in you , for you to begin to believe in yourself.
  • Options
    Adele is great