Home General Chat
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨
Options

General chit chat

Comments

• Options
    GreenTeaGreenTea Posts: 12,938 Born on Earth, Raised by The Mix
    Student accommodation for you. I spent months in my student halls with no hot water. We were told to shower at the gym, I kicked off and got moved to better accomodation
  • Options
    Past UserPast User Definition of a mental mess and a certified lost cause :) EnglandPosts: 0 Just got here
    edited October 2021
    The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • Options
    SienaSiena Posts: 15,522 Skive's The Limit
    Hey hey
    “And when they look at you, they won't see everything you've been through. They won't see the **** that turned to scars that began to fade with time. They won't see the heartbreaking things that shook up and changed your entire world. They won't know how many tears you cried or even what it was you were crying about. They won't see how strong you had to be because you had no other choice. What they will see though is how compassionate you are because you experienced pain. What they will see is how kind you are because you experienced how cruel the world is. What they will see is how good you are because you've seen how bad things or people can be. The difference between you and your experiences are who you choose to be, despite everything that could have turned you cold and unkind.You are the good the world needs and the best of us.” ~ Kirsten Corley
  • Options
    Millie2787Millie2787 Community Champion Posts: 5,154 Part of The Furniture
    I went to the gym by me for the first time today … I was too scared to shower though as I hadn’t got a padlock for my locker !

Going to the gym today definitely has shown me it’s time to start eating abit better soo that’s my plan ! I’ve got salmon veg and potato salad for tea tonight
    Sometimes all you need is one person to believe in you , for you to begin to believe in yourself.
  • Options
    Millie2787 wrote: »
    I went to the gym by me for the first time today … I was too scared to shower though as I hadn’t got a padlock for my locker !

Going to the gym today definitely has shown me it’s time to start eating abit better soo that’s my plan ! I’ve got salmon veg and potato salad for tea tonight

Sounds good. I wanna go to the gym too!
    “And when they look at you, they won't see everything you've been through. They won't see the **** that turned to scars that began to fade with time. They won't see the heartbreaking things that shook up and changed your entire world. They won't know how many tears you cried or even what it was you were crying about. They won't see how strong you had to be because you had no other choice. What they will see though is how compassionate you are because you experienced pain. What they will see is how kind you are because you experienced how cruel the world is. What they will see is how good you are because you've seen how bad things or people can be. The difference between you and your experiences are who you choose to be, despite everything that could have turned you cold and unkind.You are the good the world needs and the best of us.” ~ Kirsten Corley
  • Options
    I’m laughing at it now , I was walking around trying to Remeber how to use everything 🤣

Definitely be calling on my PT friend when she qualified
    Sometimes all you need is one person to believe in you , for you to begin to believe in yourself.
  • Options
    Haha that would be me!
  • Options
    ApolloApollo Posts: 804 Part of The Mix Family
    Hell yeah I got hella drunk last night with my friends and did not do or say anything embarrassing, fucking stellar performance from me man
    🎵 I feel so funny these days, I'd rather sleep than stay awake 🎵
  • Options
    independent_independent_ Community Champion Posts: 8,647 Legendary Poster
    @Apollo congrats lol, good job. What were you drinking?
    “Sometimes the people around you won’t understand your journey. They don’t need to, it’s not for them.”
  • Options
    ApolloApollo Posts: 804 Part of The Mix Family
    Vodka in a water bottle at the pub, had some drinks from the pub but too expensive @independent_ it was really fun and we were all enjoying ourselves
    🎵 I feel so funny these days, I'd rather sleep than stay awake 🎵
  • Options
    Haha @Apollo I'm glad you had fun. I was at the pub on friday night, it was fun - although I can't drink vodka anymore
    “Sometimes the people around you won’t understand your journey. They don’t need to, it’s not for them.”
  • Options
    DurhamjaideDurhamjaide Posts: 1,225 Wise Owl
    Hi how is everyone doing
  • Options
    Hey
  • Options
    I'm applying for a job in London!
  • Options
    lovemimoonlovemimoon Posts: 2,318 Boards Champion
    OOOOOH @GreenTea GOOD LUCK
  • Options
    I ended up going out last night … found subway that stays open till 5am so you could find me outside the gay club eating a meatball sat in the curb at 3 am 🤣
  • Options
    I just woke up slept straight away when got home from work
  • Options
    I ended up going out last night … found subway that stays open till 5am so you could find me outside the gay club eating a meatball sat in the curb at 3 am 🤣

Sounds good tbf
  • Options
    lovemimoon wrote: »
    OOOOOH @GreenTea GOOD LUCK

Thank you. I doubt I'll get anything but it's a new establishment and I've got 5+ years experience so I'm hoping
  • Options
    FriendlyneighbourFriendlyneighbour Posts: 34 Boards Initiate
    Hi @Millie2787

That's really good you went to the gym for the first time yesterday. I started going in August, I had been on and off in the past but this was the first time I went alone. Like you, I've also decided I want to eat better. What sorts of meals do you do? I'm trying to plan some easy meals for myself that fit in with a tight schedule.
  • Options
    Shaunie wrote: »

Sounds good tbf

It was fun .. there’s some interesting photos I took of myself eating the sandwich 🤣
  • Options
    Hi @Millie2787

That's really good you went to the gym for the first time yesterday. I started going in August, I had been on and off in the past but this was the first time I went alone. Like you, I've also decided I want to eat better. What sorts of meals do you do? I'm trying to plan some easy meals for myself that fit in with a tight schedule.

I boiled some new potatoes and made potato salad out of that that’s made a fair portion to last me a few meals , Umm I buy frozen salmon and pop some butter and herbs in it as it’s easy to cook , mince and veg is a quick and easy one that you can alway turn into cottage pie too - I use frozen mixed veg bag as it’s just easier , cheaper and tastes just the same as fresh veg
  • Options
    Stress sucks
  • Options

Sounds good tbf

It was fun .. there’s some interesting photos I took of myself eating the sandwich 🤣

Loll was you drunk?
  • Options

Sounds good tbf

Loll was you drunk?

Yes yes I was @Shaunie … why does food always taste better drunk 🤣
  • Options
    Gah.
  • Options

Sounds good tbf

Loll was you drunk?

Yes yes I was @Shaunie … why does food always taste better drunk 🤣

Lol it so does! Especially take aways
  • Options
    @independent_ how's you?
  • Options
    Have you made any friends yet @Millie2787

I really wanna night out but everyone’s busy
  • Options
    @GreenTea not bad thanks, pretty tired though. Relaxed after a few wines. Going bed soon. How are you?

@Millie2787 omg that sounds so fun!! Hope you had a good night.