Home General Chat
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨
Options

General chit chat

Comments

• Options
    SienaSiena Posts: 15,523 Skive's The Limit
    What’s everyone doing for the weekend?
    “And when they look at you, they won't see everything you've been through. They won't see the **** that turned to scars that began to fade with time. They won't see the heartbreaking things that shook up and changed your entire world. They won't know how many tears you cried or even what it was you were crying about. They won't see how strong you had to be because you had no other choice. What they will see though is how compassionate you are because you experienced pain. What they will see is how kind you are because you experienced how cruel the world is. What they will see is how good you are because you've seen how bad things or people can be. The difference between you and your experiences are who you choose to be, despite everything that could have turned you cold and unkind.You are the good the world needs and the best of us.” ~ Kirsten Corley
  • Options
    Has anyone started their Christmas shopping?

I feel like I should because it feels stressful in December with buying presents and wanna buy atleast most by December to enjoy it a bit more. But still wanna do a bit of Christmas shopping so I think I should start. Cause every year I regret leaving it til December
    “And when they look at you, they won't see everything you've been through. They won't see the **** that turned to scars that began to fade with time. They won't see the heartbreaking things that shook up and changed your entire world. They won't know how many tears you cried or even what it was you were crying about. They won't see how strong you had to be because you had no other choice. What they will see though is how compassionate you are because you experienced pain. What they will see is how kind you are because you experienced how cruel the world is. What they will see is how good you are because you've seen how bad things or people can be. The difference between you and your experiences are who you choose to be, despite everything that could have turned you cold and unkind.You are the good the world needs and the best of us.” ~ Kirsten Corley
  • Options
    independent_independent_ Community Champion Posts: 8,647 Legendary Poster
    Ooh no I haven’t started yet @Shaunie, planning to start in November. I do agree it’s stressful leaving it to December but still, for some reason I always end up procrastinating it. I do love Christmas though. I usually start to do Christmas after Halloween.
    “Sometimes the people around you won’t understand your journey. They don’t need to, it’s not for them.”
  • Options
    GreenTeaGreenTea Posts: 12,938 Born on Earth, Raised by The Mix
    Shaunie wrote: »
    GreenTea wrote: »
    111 is a really busy and over stretched service at the moment..

Omg I know. Leave me alone
    I’m still allowed to be annoyed stop invalidating me.

I was sick and could barely speak coughing and gagging none stop. You would be annoyed to

Also I was annoyed by this comment cause you already basically said the exact same comment on side by side. No support what so ever just saying something we all know and invalidating my feelings. I’m annoyed let me be annoyed. You never comment unless it’s negative. Can’t support my then just ignore me. It’s not that hard

I wasn't invalidating...I was on the phone to 111 on Friday last week for over an hour...they are extremely busy.. I was just saying..
  • Options
    @independent_ how are you?
  • Options
    Glad it's Friday tbh
  • Options
    My boiler gets fixed today. Can't wait to have hot water again
  • Options
    edited October 2021

I was sick and could barely speak coughing and gagging none stop. You would be annoyed to

Also I was annoyed by this comment cause you already basically said the exact same comment on side by side. No support what so ever just saying something we all know and invalidating my feelings. I’m annoyed let me be annoyed. You never comment unless it’s negative. Can’t support my then just ignore me. It’s not that hard

I wasn't invalidating...I was on the phone to 111 on Friday last week for over an hour...they are extremely busy.. I was just saying..

When isnt the nhs busy. I know. You don’t need to tell me twice. You never support me,so it is purposely invalidating. That’s like saying to someone who’s been on there waiting list for over 12 months “oh the nhs is busy” we know we can still be upset by it when struggling. Atleast be like “oh that is annoying, I’m sorry, the nhs is busy” so you don’t look like you’re purposry trying to annoy me
  • Options

When isnt the nhs busy. I know. You don’t need to tell me twice. You never support me,so it is purposely invalidating. That’s like saying to someone who’s been on there waiting list for over 12 months “oh the nhs is busy” we know we can still be upset by it when struggling. Atleast be like “oh that is annoying, I’m sorry, the nhs is busy” so you don’t look like you’re purposry trying to annoy me

I'm not purposely trying to annoy you or invalidate you. What the fuck.

Sorry it feels that way but that is NOT what I'm doing
  • Options
    Do you think it’s too early to ask the mix for the Christmas sub formum 😅
  • Options
    edited October 2021
    These are my nails, my first time trying to do acrylic nails. Do you think I should remove them before I go back to work? It took me over 2 hours and don’t wanna ruin it. But they do look like a mess up close lol. Maybe will just tell people to not look very far away at my nails lol
    xdr1mvg9gq2o.jpeg
    0qmtxg667p3u.jpeg
  • Options
    Anyone know where I can get work trousers? All of mine are too big on me and it's stressing me out lol
  • Options
    lovemimoonlovemimoon Posts: 2,318 Boards Champion
    @GreenTea Have you tried Primark?
    I believe Dorothy Perkins may have some as well.

@Shaunie As long as your workplace isn't too strict with your nails, should be good to go. :3
  • Options
    Na they ain’t strict. When I got my nails done the store manager commented how nice they was. But lol I’m scared I’m going to be laughed at with these nails lol
  • Options
    Omg guys barely slept from this cough. Cry
  • Options
    Nah I hate Primark tbh. I'll have you have an explore
  • Options
    Omg have you seen primarks big hoodies/fake oddies. They have Winnie the Pooh one. Cutest thing going. Would buy it but would get dirty quickly. I want one of those big hoodies but a dark colour
  • Options
    Supposed to wear yellow to work today but don't have anything yellow because it's an ugly clothing colour
  • Options
    9gcmagc29st0.png

I want this one but omg so expensive
  • Options
    @GreenTea Yooo :joy::joy: Not even yellow socks??

Ahh. Just basing this off from my memory: Try Dorothy Perkins, Next, H&M and if you're an online shopper, I know ASOS has shit tons of work trousers.

@Shaunie Should be fine then. If they're looking too close, pretend you're swatting a fly or something. :joy:
    I've seen them! Hella cute! Ngl, I've been buying my tops from the men's section lately. 👀👀
  • Options
    Nah hate yellow socks. All my socks are grey or white sports socks!

You're the best. Thank you 💜
  • Options
    edited October 2021
    Lol 😂 @lovemimoon yeah anyone looks to close my hands will be going every where so they can’tsee them lol.

I’m literally obsessed with Winnie the Pooh atm. They’re sooo cutee

I always buy tops from the men’s section in primark too! They’re nice and baggy and cheap
  • Options
    maryam852maryam852 Posts: 187 Helping Hand
    @Shaunie Have you used Honey? No, I'm joking, it's just that I see those ads everywhere!
  • Options
    My bestie just called me sexy. What a way to start the morning 😂
  • Options
    maryam852 wrote: »
    @Shaunie Have you used Honey? No, I'm joking, it's just that I see those ads everywhere!

Lol! Gotta love Winnie the Pooh!
    How are you Maryam?
  • Options
    @lovemimoon how you doing? Been a long time since we had a chat! 💜
  • Options
    @GreenTea HAAH. :joy:
    I've been busy with uni and work, so naturally I'm just crashing left, right and centre.

What about you?? How have you been?? How's work going??
  • Options
    So sorry @lovemimoon i called you Apollo
  • Options
    lovemimoon wrote: »
    @GreenTea HAAH. :joy:
    I've been busy with uni and work, so naturally I'm just crashing left, right and centre.

What about you?? How have you been?? How's work going??

I've been really busy too! Work, life.. lots going on at the moment. I just need a long break. Not long till half term
  • Options
    independent_independent_ Community Champion Posts: 8,647 Legendary Poster
    @GreenTea not too bad thanks, tired though. I'm looking after the house and the dog for my parents at the moment and it's like being in charge of a child lol. How are you?

@Shaunie I'm guessing you're excited for Christmas? :joy: I think the sub forum came around at the end of November last year, so it may be a little early ;)
    “Sometimes the people around you won’t understand your journey. They don’t need to, it’s not for them.”