Home General Chat
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨
Options

General chit chat

Comments

• Options
    SienaSiena Posts: 15,514 Skive's The Limit
    GreenTea wrote: »
    Shaunie wrote: »
    From what I've read, you need tonsillitis 4 times a year for them to be removed. Regardless of private or nhs

Na that’s not true

That's what I've read on the NHS and Nuffield... There's still procedures and guidelines they have to follow in terms of reasons to perform surgery

Can you show me
    Please?

It's literally a simple Google search...

It says it for NHS not for private
    “And when they look at you, they won't see everything you've been through. They won't see the **** that turned to scars that began to fade with time. They won't see the heartbreaking things that shook up and changed your entire world. They won't know how many tears you cried or even what it was you were crying about. They won't see how strong you had to be because you had no other choice. What they will see though is how compassionate you are because you experienced pain. What they will see is how kind you are because you experienced how cruel the world is. What they will see is how good you are because you've seen how bad things or people can be. The difference between you and your experiences are who you choose to be, despite everything that could have turned you cold and unkind.You are the good the world needs and the best of us.” ~ Kirsten Corley
  • Options
    edited August 2021
    It will depend on your clinic and how urgent they think your need is I suppose. Tbh I’ve never had private healthcare so I don’t know for sure all I know is probably quicker than NHS if there’s good reason.

Oh thanks. I hope so 🥺
    Do you know where Liam has gone. He had
    private treatment?
    “And when they look at you, they won't see everything you've been through. They won't see the **** that turned to scars that began to fade with time. They won't see the heartbreaking things that shook up and changed your entire world. They won't know how many tears you cried or even what it was you were crying about. They won't see how strong you had to be because you had no other choice. What they will see though is how compassionate you are because you experienced pain. What they will see is how kind you are because you experienced how cruel the world is. What they will see is how good you are because you've seen how bad things or people can be. The difference between you and your experiences are who you choose to be, despite everything that could have turned you cold and unkind.You are the good the world needs and the best of us.” ~ Kirsten Corley
  • Options
    Just posted it on the a tonsillectomy Facebook group and someone say they had it a month later but didn’t know if they could of had it sooner as the date suited them. So I guess a month isn’t that bad
  • Options
    GreenTeaGreenTea Posts: 12,938 Born on Earth, Raised by The Mix
    From what I've read, you need tonsillitis 4 times a year for them to be removed. Regardless of private or nhs

Na that’s not true

That's what I've read on the NHS and Nuffield... There's still procedures and guidelines they have to follow in terms of reasons to perform surgery

Can you show me
    Please?

No it says it under the name of the surgery on the Nuffield website
  • Options

Na that’s not true

Can you show me
    Please?

No it says it under the name of the surgery on the Nuffield website

That’s a recommendation oh like how bad it could be. Not essential requirement to get it done….
  • Options
    edited August 2021
    I have a headache
  • Options
    @independent_ how are you this evening?
  • Options
    But no one replies as fast as does here lol
  • Options
    independent_independent_ Community Champion Posts: 8,632 Legendary Poster
    It will depend on your clinic and how urgent they think your need is I suppose. Tbh I’ve never had private healthcare so I don’t know for sure all I know is probably quicker than NHS if there’s good reason.

Oh thanks. I hope so 🥺
    Do you know where Liam has gone. He had
    private treatment?

Not a clue sorry.
    “Sometimes the people around you won’t understand your journey. They don’t need to, it’s not for them.”
  • Options

Not been great tbh @GreenTea and shattered now lol.

How are you
    “Sometimes the people around you won’t understand your journey. They don’t need to, it’s not for them.”
  • Options

How are you

Eh not great. Throwing up daily, headaches daily, lightheadedness daily.. depressed daily 😂 all fun and games in this house!!

What's up? Maybe an early night?
  • Options
    It says all his posts aren’t viewable. Maybe he asked for it deleted?
  • Options

How are you

Eh not great. Throwing up daily, headaches daily, lightheadedness daily.. depressed daily 😂 all fun and games in this house!!

Oh I’m sorry to hear that, it must be exhausting <3

Yeah I went to bed early but my sleep routine is in a mess so I can’t get to sleep lol
  • Options
    Liam deleted his account ages ago.
  • Options

How are you

Oh I’m sorry to hear that, it must be exhausting <3

Yeah I went to bed early but my sleep routine is in a mess so I can’t get to sleep lol

Same. Forgot what sleep is tbh
  • Options
    It says all his posts aren’t viewable. Maybe he asked for it deleted?

I think he possibly did. But not sure and not good to speculate.
  • Options
    I miss him
  • Options
    I love my window open at night but soo scared of spiders coming
  • Options
    Past UserPast User Posts: 0 Just got here
    Didnt really know him. Feel like I recall him writing a post wishing everyone well and saying he was moving on from the mix since he was doing better and was happier. Don't think there's anything more to it than that.

Hey btw.
  • Options
    edited August 2021
    Supernova wrote: »
    Didnt really know him. Feel like I recall him writing a post wishing everyone well and saying he was moving on from the mix since he was doing better and was happier. Don't think there's anything more to it than that.

Hey btw.
    Oh really must of missed that

Hey
  • Options
    @Supernova
    Hello how are you? :)
  • Options
    Hey @Supernova how are you?

I do recall that post too @Shaunie said he was moving on. So probably had his account deleted.
  • Options
    Oh right. Aw sad to see him go. Thanks
  • Options
    My head is killing but I've taken codeine so let's hope it eases
  • Options
    edited August 2021
    My head is killing but I've taken codeine so let's hope it eases

Ouch! Hope you feel better soon.
  • Options
    Ill be better when the pressure around my brain chills out 😂 theses symptoms are horrific
  • Options
    @GreenTea did you ever manage to rebook that appointment?
  • Options
    I think you did a double post @independent_
  • Options
    I think you did a double post @independent_

I did hahahah idk what happened there. Edited now
  • Options
    edited August 2021
    @GreenTea did you ever manage to rebook that appointment?

Got to do redo the whole process again because when I rang to cancel and then ring the other number to rebook, the woman didn't put that I was re booking on the system so I got discharged.