Home General Chat
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨
Options

General chit chat

Comments

• Options
    Past UserPast User Posts: 0 Just got here
    Hey, how are you atm? @independent_
  • Options
    independent_independent_ Community Champion Posts: 8,632 Legendary Poster
    @Supernova not great tbh. Just listening to music and scrolling on phone.

How are you?
    “Sometimes the people around you won’t understand your journey. They don’t need to, it’s not for them.”
  • Options
    edited August 2021
    @independent_ sorry to hear that :/ always available if you feel you need to chat about it.

I'm sore, tired and hungry atm - food will fix one and hopefully sleep will fix the other two :D
  • Options
    @Supernova thank you. Not much that I haven’t already said lol.

Ah hopefully food and sleep help! I should sleep but I probably won’t lol
    “Sometimes the people around you won’t understand your journey. They don’t need to, it’s not for them.”
  • Options
    Of course, you're welcome. Doesn't matter if its repeated once, twice or a hundred times tbh. As long as you get it off your chest.

Yeah and knowing myself I'll be waking up at 3am, so at least you're in good company :D
  • Options
    GreenTeaGreenTea Posts: 12,938 Born on Earth, Raised by The Mix
    Hi
  • Options
    Hey @GreenTea how are you?
  • Options
    o3gjjd4rscdq.jpg
  • Options
    I wasn't far off, apparently 4am is when I'm waking up :/
  • Options
    ApolloApollo Posts: 804 Part of The Mix Family
    Damn @Supernova when did you sleep?
    🎵 I feel so funny these days, I'd rather sleep than stay awake 🎵
  • Options
    Like 12.30 @Apollo

I always manage to stay awake till I'm exhausted in hopes that I'll get a good sleep and fix my sleep pattern. But I keep waking up within a few hours regardless. :(
  • Options
    AifeAife Community Manager Posts: 3,034 Boards Guru
    GreenTea wrote: »
    o3gjjd4rscdq.jpg

This is looking really good @GreenTea. I love painting by numbers, it's so calming. You'll have to keep sharing pictures each week so we can see your progress. Can't wait to see the final picture :)
    Maybe somethings don't get better, but we do. We get stronger. We learn to live with our situations as messy and ugly as they are. We fix what we can and we adapt to what we can't. Maybe some of us will never fully be okay, but at least we're here. We're still trying. We're doing the best we can. That's worth celebrating too ❤
  • Options
    Aife wrote: »
    o3gjjd4rscdq.jpg

This is looking really good @GreenTea. I love painting by numbers, it's so calming. You'll have to keep sharing pictures each week so we can see your progress. Can't wait to see the final picture :)

Thank you. I brought a really cheap one that I was so so unhappy with. So I went on Amazon and found this one. The bottom corner is done too but it's so big I have to fold it to paint and last night wanted so more bright colours to do so changed the section. It's keeping me heavily distracted right now which is what I need because I'm really struggling
  • Options
  • Options
    Millie2787Millie2787 Community Champion Posts: 5,148 Part of The Furniture
    Morning. Well it is morning for me
    Sometimes all you need is one person to believe in you , for you to begin to believe in yourself.
  • Options
    AifeAife Community Manager Posts: 3,034 Boards Guru
    @GreenTea you've done so much, it's looking good. I'm interested to see what the pink sections will turn out to be :)
    Maybe somethings don't get better, but we do. We get stronger. We learn to live with our situations as messy and ugly as they are. We fix what we can and we adapt to what we can't. Maybe some of us will never fully be okay, but at least we're here. We're still trying. We're doing the best we can. That's worth celebrating too ❤
  • Options
    DancerDancer Community Champion Posts: 7,801 Master Poster
    Hello everyone. I actually had to get out of bed before lunchtime today. :( It was worth it though.
    "There's a part of me I can't get back. A little girl grew up too fast. All it took was once. I'll never be the same." ~ Demi Lovato
    "The way that I have found the light in my life is through the expressive arts because I know that I will be accepted for the way I am." ~ Me
    "I'm going to get strong again and see you soon. " ~ Anonymous 
  • Options
    SpaceOtterSpaceOtter Community Champion Posts: 825 Part of The Mix Family
    tkf8bflevv68.jpg

That’s amazing @GreenTea it looks really pretty already!

I love doing paint by numbers it’s so satisfying :)
    You're awesome!
  • Options
  • Options
    SienaSiena Posts: 15,514 Skive's The Limit
    Please someone answer. But what do you think the wait is for private surgery is?
    “And when they look at you, they won't see everything you've been through. They won't see the **** that turned to scars that began to fade with time. They won't see the heartbreaking things that shook up and changed your entire world. They won't know how many tears you cried or even what it was you were crying about. They won't see how strong you had to be because you had no other choice. What they will see though is how compassionate you are because you experienced pain. What they will see is how kind you are because you experienced how cruel the world is. What they will see is how good you are because you've seen how bad things or people can be. The difference between you and your experiences are who you choose to be, despite everything that could have turned you cold and unkind.You are the good the world needs and the best of us.” ~ Kirsten Corley
  • Options
    If you are willing to pay thousands up straight then probably straight away. All private care about is the money
  • Options
    If you are willing to pay thousands up straight then probably straight away. All private care about is the money

I can’t pay straight up just monthly. But I was reading can still wait a a few weeks. I want it this month:(
    “And when they look at you, they won't see everything you've been through. They won't see the **** that turned to scars that began to fade with time. They won't see the heartbreaking things that shook up and changed your entire world. They won't know how many tears you cried or even what it was you were crying about. They won't see how strong you had to be because you had no other choice. What they will see though is how compassionate you are because you experienced pain. What they will see is how kind you are because you experienced how cruel the world is. What they will see is how good you are because you've seen how bad things or people can be. The difference between you and your experiences are who you choose to be, despite everything that could have turned you cold and unkind.You are the good the world needs and the best of us.” ~ Kirsten Corley
  • Options
    From what I've read, you need tonsillitis 4 times a year for them to be removed. Regardless of private or nhs
  • Options
    From what I've read, you need tonsillitis 4 times a year for them to be removed. Regardless of private or nhs

Na that’s not true
  • Options
    @Shaunie not sure, but I always thought with it being private there’d be less of a wait than with NHS. But might not be as quickly as this month.
  • Options
    Shaunie wrote: »

Na that’s not true

That's what I've read on the NHS and Nuffield... There's still procedures and guidelines they have to follow in terms of reasons to perform surgery
  • Options

Na that’s not true

That's what I've read on the NHS and Nuffield... There's still procedures and guidelines they have to follow in terms of reasons to perform surgery

Can you show me
    Please?
  • Options
    @Shaunie not sure, but I always thought with it being private there’d be less of a wait than with NHS. But might not be as quickly as this month.

Aw. :(
  • Options
    It will depend on your clinic and how urgent they think your need is I suppose. Tbh I’ve never had private healthcare so I don’t know for sure all I know is probably quicker than NHS if there’s good reason.
  • Options

Na that’s not true

Can you show me
    Please?

It's literally a simple Google search...