Home General Chat
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨
Options

General chit chat

Comments

• Options
    ApolloApollo Posts: 804 Part of The Mix Family
    🎶 Fireflies just came on let's fucking go 🎶
    🎵 I feel so funny these days, I'd rather sleep than stay awake 🎵
  • Options
    independent_independent_ Community Champion Posts: 8,660 Legendary Poster
    lovemimoon wrote: »
    Yooo! You guys are basically OGs!

I feel like a baby compared to you lot. :confounded:

How old are you, if you don't mind me asking @lovemimoon?

I'm 19 @independent_
    Turning 20 in August. A very slow month, indeed. :joy:

Oooooh cool @lovemimoon my partner will be 19 in August. What date is your birthday

13! Is your partner a potential birthday twin???

Omg 13th, he is!! He's the 13th too @lovemimoon
    “Sometimes the people around you won’t understand your journey. They don’t need to, it’s not for them.”
  • Options
    GreenTeaGreenTea Posts: 12,938 Born on Earth, Raised by The Mix
    I'm really hoping lockdown gets lifted by the 19th July. Hoping for a big get together with all my friends for my birthday. BBQ, alcohol, gossip..might just do it anyway lol
  • Options
    SienaSiena Posts: 15,541 Skive's The Limit
    Omg i don’t know how I just watched this but have you seen the Grey hound who limped after his owner got a limp. But there was nothing wrong with grey hound was just copying his owner lol how funny. Went to the vets and was fine and was running hahaha
    “And when they look at you, they won't see everything you've been through. They won't see the **** that turned to scars that began to fade with time. They won't see the heartbreaking things that shook up and changed your entire world. They won't know how many tears you cried or even what it was you were crying about. They won't see how strong you had to be because you had no other choice. What they will see though is how compassionate you are because you experienced pain. What they will see is how kind you are because you experienced how cruel the world is. What they will see is how good you are because you've seen how bad things or people can be. The difference between you and your experiences are who you choose to be, despite everything that could have turned you cold and unkind.You are the good the world needs and the best of us.” ~ Kirsten Corley
  • Options

I'm 19 @independent_

Oooooh cool @lovemimoon my partner will be 19 in August. What date is your birthday

That's amazing
  • Options
    GreenTea wrote: »
    Shaunie wrote: »
    I haven’t been on the boards regularly recently to see how this chat has been for awhile. So has it been dead recently? Now I feel like you’re speaking cause I’m here. I’m so popular lol jokes

It's mostly been active at night. But I love when it's really active like this.

You still active on limbo?

Yeah i was there just about an hour ago @GreenTea
    “Sometimes the people around you won’t understand your journey. They don’t need to, it’s not for them.”
  • Options
    What's Limbo?
  • Options
    I'm really hoping lockdown gets lifted by the 19th July. Hoping for a big get together with all my friends for my birthday. BBQ, alcohol, gossip..might just do it anyway lol

That sounds like a dream
  • Options
    @independent_
    Oh haha. I haven't been in there much at the moment as been busy and someone on discord I speak to did some crazy shit and I'm now avoiding him lol
  • Options
    edited June 2021
    What are your fav dog breeds
    apart from obviously teddys mix. I like whippets. They’re so kind looking
    “And when they look at you, they won't see everything you've been through. They won't see the **** that turned to scars that began to fade with time. They won't see the heartbreaking things that shook up and changed your entire world. They won't know how many tears you cried or even what it was you were crying about. They won't see how strong you had to be because you had no other choice. What they will see though is how compassionate you are because you experienced pain. What they will see is how kind you are because you experienced how cruel the world is. What they will see is how good you are because you've seen how bad things or people can be. The difference between you and your experiences are who you choose to be, despite everything that could have turned you cold and unkind.You are the good the world needs and the best of us.” ~ Kirsten Corley
  • Options
    Apollo wrote: »
    What's Limbo?

It's an 18+ thing..like the mix. I found it and was on it for months and then invited independent to join
  • Options
    What's Limbo?

Ah it's a discord server called TheGoodLimbo. Drop me or @GreenTea a PM if you want more info about it :)
  • Options
    Millie2787Millie2787 Community Champion Posts: 5,160 Part of The Furniture
    This is a PSA … bananas belong in the bin …. Goodbye 🤣
    Sometimes all you need is one person to believe in you , for you to begin to believe in yourself.
  • Options
    What's Limbo?

Ah it's a discord server called TheGoodLimbo. Drop me or @GreenTea a PM if you want more info about it :)

It's a forum and website too haha.
  • Options
    Hey @Millie2787

How have you been ?
  • Options

Labradors, but im biased @Shaunie
  • Options
    Millie2787 wrote: »
    This is a PSA … bananas belong in the bin …. Goodbye 🤣

Agreed
  • Options
    Heyyy @Shaunie I’m alright , just getting anxious waiting for my audiology appointment for my hearing aids !

Can you believe we’ve had Dottie a month now
    Sometimes all you need is one person to believe in you , for you to begin to believe in yourself.
  • Options
    I don’t know how you guys deal with so many support sites. I can only handle using this site otherwise my brain gets confused and I feel overwhelmed by it all lol. And I don’t even have a busy life lol
  • Options

Labradors, but im biased @Shaunie

labradors are cute!
  • Options

That sounds like a dream

Right? You're invited 😂 your other half ( assuming you are still together) knows where I am..roughly 😂
  • Options
    @independent_ oh cool thanks I might check it out at some point
  • Options
    Heyyy @Shaunie I’m alright , just getting anxious waiting for my audiology appointment for my hearing aids !

Do you have a date for the appointment?

Omg a month. Bless her! How is she setting in? Do they both get along? And play together?

My parents are always like oh I wouldn’t want two dogs because they play attention to each other instead of there owners then. Which I don’t think that’s the case.
  • Options
    I don’t know how you guys deal with so many support sites. I can only handle using this site otherwise my brain gets confused and I feel overwhelmed by it all lol. And I don’t even have a busy life lol

I'm on here the most, definitely. The one we're halking about has general rooms too which are nice. I like places to go for distraction as well as support, i find those help a lot.
  • Options
    lovemimoonlovemimoon Posts: 2,318 Boards Champion

I'm 19 @independent_

YEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEES <3
  • Options

That sounds like a dream

Right? You're invited 😂 your other half ( assuming you are still together) knows where I am..roughly 😂

Yep still together, although he doesn't live near you anymore. 3 years together now. He got a new job last week in computer programming something i don't understand lol but he's really enjoying it
  • Options
    @independent_ oh cool thanks I might check it out at some point

If you want the link. PM me and I'll throw it your way and speak to the mods about your arrival so you get bumped to member. (You can access more that way, otherwise you have to wait a few weeks to access the good stuff)
  • Options

Do you have a date for the appointment?

Omg a month. Bless her! How is she setting in? Do they both get along? And play together?

My parents are always like oh I wouldn’t want two dogs because they play attention to each other instead of there owners then. Which I don’t think that’s the case.

No not Yer but the ENT consultant said he would get them to see me as soon as Because of moving areas in September .

They get on amazing ! Turns out Dottie isn’t 2 till august so she’s chewing everything ! And omg soo soo hyper . The only time they get jealous is when it’s cuddles on the sofa
  • Options

That sounds like a dream

Yep still together, although he doesn't live near you anymore. 3 years together now. He got a new job last week in computer programming something i don't understand lol but he's really enjoying it

Ahh that's good to hear! I was up where he went school the other day, used the swimming pool!
  • Options
    lovemimoonlovemimoon Posts: 2,318 Boards Champion
    Oi! What have you lot got against bananas?? :joy: