Home General Chat
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨
Options

General chit chat

Comments

• Options
    independent_independent_ Community Champion Posts: 8,649 Legendary Poster
    @LorryTruck to be fair, I am English, so I’m not toooo bothered if England win, but I’ve lived in Scotland for most of my life and I’d love for them to make history by winning at an event like this.
    “Sometimes the people around you won’t understand your journey. They don’t need to, it’s not for them.”
  • Options
    Past UserPast User Definition of a mental mess and a certified lost cause :) EnglandPosts: 0 Just got here
    The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • Options
    @LorryTruck that makes sense actually, so long as it’s one of our home nations it doesn’t feel so awful if somewhere other than Scotland wins. I don’t really follow football though and only watch when Scotland are playing.
    “Sometimes the people around you won’t understand your journey. They don’t need to, it’s not for them.”
  • Options
    Past UserPast User Definition of a mental mess and a certified lost cause :) EnglandPosts: 0 Just got here
  • Options
    @LorryTruck same but you see my important games mean games with Scotland in them :joy: and even though I’m from London originally (and still have the accent) there’s something nice about supporting the team where I’ve lived my whole life pretty much haha.

Maybe I’m getting too invested in football :joy: I promise I don’t normally watch it. You play football don’t you?
  • Options
  • Options
    @LorryTruck the fact you play football at all is pretty amazing tbh, I couldn’t do it myself.

I don’t support a club, but you an my mum would get along because she also supports Manchester United (she’s from Manchester, if you couldn’t tell) and she’ll watch football when they’re playing.
  • Options
  • Options
    ApolloApollo Posts: 804 Part of The Mix Family
    @LorryTruck when I played football in school I was the goalie, thats because I was absolutely awful though. But as the years progressed I got better at goalkeeping and there was this one guy who never scored into me once and got progressively angrier every time
    🎵 I feel so funny these days, I'd rather sleep than stay awake 🎵
  • Options
    GreenTeaGreenTea Posts: 12,938 Born on Earth, Raised by The Mix
    I just finished work and there's no buses
  • Options
    SienaSiena Posts: 15,533 Skive's The Limit
    Don’t you have it when people are clearly posting things for attention. On tiktok. Makes those who are actually struggling look bad
    “And when they look at you, they won't see everything you've been through. They won't see the **** that turned to scars that began to fade with time. They won't see the heartbreaking things that shook up and changed your entire world. They won't know how many tears you cried or even what it was you were crying about. They won't see how strong you had to be because you had no other choice. What they will see though is how compassionate you are because you experienced pain. What they will see is how kind you are because you experienced how cruel the world is. What they will see is how good you are because you've seen how bad things or people can be. The difference between you and your experiences are who you choose to be, despite everything that could have turned you cold and unkind.You are the good the world needs and the best of us.” ~ Kirsten Corley
  • Options
    lovemimoonlovemimoon Posts: 2,318 Boards Champion
    What's up @Shaunie ??

@GreenTea Did you get home safe??
  • Options
    edited June 2021
    People who just post every single second that they was detained under 136. Was only for a few hours but made a load of videos filming them in handcuffs and filming the police. Like wow is this a flex to you. I’ve been detained many times. The last thing on my mind is to record it all to post it for anyone to see.
    “And when they look at you, they won't see everything you've been through. They won't see the **** that turned to scars that began to fade with time. They won't see the heartbreaking things that shook up and changed your entire world. They won't know how many tears you cried or even what it was you were crying about. They won't see how strong you had to be because you had no other choice. What they will see though is how compassionate you are because you experienced pain. What they will see is how kind you are because you experienced how cruel the world is. What they will see is how good you are because you've seen how bad things or people can be. The difference between you and your experiences are who you choose to be, despite everything that could have turned you cold and unkind.You are the good the world needs and the best of us.” ~ Kirsten Corley
  • Options
    I did thank you @lovemimoon

How are you?
  • Options
    That's horrifying.

That should be a horrifying moment. @Shaunie
  • Options
    Feeling a lot better @GreenTea

How are you?? How have you been?
  • Options
    lovemimoon wrote: »
    That's horrifying.

That should be a horrifying moment. @Shaunie

Yeah they’re like speaking and showing it like it’s for purely entertainment
  • Options
    Times I’ve been detained I am crying my eyes out and telling them I want to be left alone. And very angry. Clearly that’s why I’m detained cause don’t want anyone’s help) so why would you show that to the whole world. So say it’s a coping skill. I believe what some people post is but that’s just extreme with amount of videos and how they’re portrayed.
  • Options
    edited June 2021
    lovemimoon wrote: »
    Feeling a lot better @GreenTea

How are you?? How have you been?

I'm alright thanks. Just pissed off at the moment, work related stress is getting to me
  • Options
    edited June 2021
    HUGE EDIT
    Thank you @GreenTea for updating the situation!

If you saw the previous comment, ignore it please.
  • Options
    Hi
  • Options
    edited June 2021
    But yeah she is obviously extremely unwell either way

Just don’t need to post like that. That’s all I’m saying
  • Options
    Hi

Hello how are you
  • Options
    @lovemimoon done anything nice today?
  • Options
    Hi @independent_ <3

How are you??
  • Options
    @GreenTea hey, pretty tired and struggling but I'm watching TV now taking my mind off things. How are you.
  • Options
    @GreenTea hey, pretty tired and struggling but I'm watching TV now taking my mind off things. How are you.

Ooo what you watching?
  • Options
    Heyy @lovemimoon tired and meh. How are you doing tonight? I'm just watching TV again lol
  • Options
    I have teddy all booked for a residential stay!
  • Options
    @GreenTea just the news at the moment but will probably try to find something better in a minute.