Home General Chat
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨
Options

General chit chat

Comments

• Options
    independent_independent_ Community Champion Posts: 8,667 Legendary Poster
    Shaunie wrote: »
    Ah cool
    Omg! 18.adult. I thought you was still a baby lol. So are you at uni now or anything ? Cant even remember what do at 18 lol

I still feel like a kid sometimes @Shaunie :joy: ah so I did a year of college till 2020, then covid happened and i was really struggling so im not in education anymore at all and haven't been for just over a year. Not sure what I want to do tbh haha.

How's work been? Bet it's been super busy now it's open again.

You have loads of time to figure it out. What do you do in your days then?

Today was very quiet. Some days it’s super busy like pay day week or half term then it’s back to being dead.

I mean I wouldn’t say I enjoy work. But it’s a distraction and gets me out of bed

@Shaunie well today I've done very little but that's cause I got 2 hours sleep last night haha, past few weeks I've done a lot around the house, we got a new hoover the other week and I've loved it :joy: how sad is that.

Yeah I can imagine work is a distraction. It keeps you in a routine too. I'm worryingly not too bored yet.
    “Sometimes the people around you won’t understand your journey. They don’t need to, it’s not for them.”
  • Options
    ApolloApollo Posts: 804 Part of The Mix Family
    Also just checked you joined a bit before me apparently @lovemimoon
    🎵 I feel so funny these days, I'd rather sleep than stay awake 🎵
  • Options
    I was on spam block for like 4 mins there cause I tried to post while the block was still in effect
  • Options
    I'm definitely doing less with my life but I think it's done me a lot of good tbh, education really affected me
    “Sometimes the people around you won’t understand your journey. They don’t need to, it’s not for them.”
  • Options
    SienaSiena Posts: 15,558 Skive's The Limit
    Ah cool
    Omg! 18.adult. I thought you was still a baby lol. So are you at uni now or anything ? Cant even remember what do at 18 lol

I still feel like a kid sometimes @Shaunie :joy: ah so I did a year of college till 2020, then covid happened and i was really struggling so im not in education anymore at all and haven't been for just over a year. Not sure what I want to do tbh haha.

Today was very quiet. Some days it’s super busy like pay day week or half term then it’s back to being dead.

I mean I wouldn’t say I enjoy work. But it’s a distraction and gets me out of bed

@Shaunie well today I've done very little but that's cause I got 2 hours sleep last night haha, past few weeks I've done a lot around the house, we got a new hoover the other week and I've loved it :joy: how sad is that.

Yeah I can imagine work is a distraction. It keeps you in a routine too. I'm worryingly not too bored yet.

I get that! I love home stuff. Nothing like a good Hoover that is very powerful and sucky lol

When I finished college all I did was sit around the house and work 8 hours a week lol. Now I think about it. I don’t know what the hell I did lol
    “And when they look at you, they won't see everything you've been through. They won't see the **** that turned to scars that began to fade with time. They won't see the heartbreaking things that shook up and changed your entire world. They won't know how many tears you cried or even what it was you were crying about. They won't see how strong you had to be because you had no other choice. What they will see though is how compassionate you are because you experienced pain. What they will see is how kind you are because you experienced how cruel the world is. What they will see is how good you are because you've seen how bad things or people can be. The difference between you and your experiences are who you choose to be, despite everything that could have turned you cold and unkind.You are the good the world needs and the best of us.” ~ Kirsten Corley
  • Options
    Apollo wrote: »
    I was on spam block for like 4 mins there cause I tried to post while the block was still in effect

In the very old days of this thread @Apollo we used to have big boards parties every night and we'd all get spam blocked every few minutes lol it was so annoying.
  • Options
    lovemimoonlovemimoon Posts: 2,318 Boards Champion
    Wait, really??

I thought you were an OG too @Apollo :joy:
  • Options
    GreenTeaGreenTea Posts: 12,938 Born on Earth, Raised by The Mix
    Managed to talk my mother into a holiday with me. Just me and her 😂 winning at life
  • Options
    lovemimoon wrote: »
    Yooo! You guys are basically OGs!

I feel like a baby compared to you lot. :confounded:

How old are you, if you don't mind me asking @lovemimoon?

I'm 19 @independent_
    Turning 20 in August. A very slow month, indeed. :joy:
  • Options
    Ah cool

I get that! I love home stuff. Nothing like a good Hoover that is very powerful and sucky lol

When I finished college all I did was sit around the house and work 8 hours a week lol. Now I think about it. I don’t know what the hell I did lol

Sometimes the days just go so fast and I don't even know how I spent them. Tbh I do a bit too much watching TV lol @Shaunie
  • Options

I'm 19 @independent_

Not long till your birthday then!
  • Options
    GreenTea wrote: »
    Managed to talk my mother into a holiday with me. Just me and her 😂 winning at life

Oooh! Where you headed??
  • Options
    Lol you got any recommendations @independent_

I get sad when time goes so fast. Like won’t be this age forever. It’s just a bit of a weird concept, you know. Life. Lol.

Like in my head I’m like “before I know it. It will be tomorrow morning” then in the morning I’m like see. Here it is lol haha.
    “And when they look at you, they won't see everything you've been through. They won't see the **** that turned to scars that began to fade with time. They won't see the heartbreaking things that shook up and changed your entire world. They won't know how many tears you cried or even what it was you were crying about. They won't see how strong you had to be because you had no other choice. What they will see though is how compassionate you are because you experienced pain. What they will see is how kind you are because you experienced how cruel the world is. What they will see is how good you are because you've seen how bad things or people can be. The difference between you and your experiences are who you choose to be, despite everything that could have turned you cold and unkind.You are the good the world needs and the best of us.” ~ Kirsten Corley
  • Options

Oooh! Where you headed??

Anywhere. Got enough money for a trip to the Bahamas tbh lol
  • Options

I'm 19 @independent_

Yeees! And by the time I turn 20, my friends will be 21! :joy:
  • Options
    I haven’t been on the boards regularly recently to see how this chat has been for awhile. So has it been dead recently? Now I feel like you’re speaking cause I’m here. I’m so popular lol jokes
  • Options

I'm 19 @independent_

Oooooh cool @lovemimoon my partner will be 19 in August. What date is your birthday
  • Options

I'm 19 @independent_

Awe you the young one?

My bestie and me were born days apart haha
  • Options
    4hug345te7c8.jpg
    ss6zhit24go1.jpg
    I love these little messages <​3
  • Options
    4hug345te7c8.jpg
    ss6zhit24go1.jpg

YEEES. They're the best!! <3
  • Options
    4hug345te7c8.jpg
    ss6zhit24go1.jpg

YEEES. They're the best!! <3

Yayy!! Well done!
  • Options

I get sad when time goes so fast. Like won’t be this age forever. It’s just a bit of a weird concept, you know. Life. Lol.

Like in my head I’m like “before I know it. It will be tomorrow morning” then in the morning I’m like see. Here it is lol haha.

I watch a lot of medical programmes @Shaunie but for non-medical stuff outnumbered is good and so is Friday night dinner.

Omg yeah I do that like I sometimes think about how fast time is going and think before I know it I'll be 25, 30, 50... so on it's mad
  • Options
    What's 20% of £450,000?
  • Options

I'm 19 @independent_

Awe you the young one?

Unfortunately, yeah. It's like playing catch up with the adults. :confounded:

Aww! That is so cute! It's like you were destined to be besties since the days you were born! What's your star sign? (if you're into zodiac stuff)
  • Options

I'm 19 @independent_

Oooooh cool @lovemimoon my partner will be 19 in August. What date is your birthday

13! Is your partner a potential birthday twin???
  • Options
    What's 20% of £450,000?

I'm 19 @independent_

Awe you the young one?

Unfortunately, yeah. It's like playing catch up with the adults. :confounded:

Aww! That is so cute! It's like you were destined to be besties since the days you were born! What's your star sign? (if you're into zodiac stuff)

Leo
  • Options
    I haven’t been on the boards regularly recently to see how this chat has been for awhile. So has it been dead recently? Now I feel like you’re speaking cause I’m here. I’m so popular lol jokes

It's mostly been active at night. But I love when it's really active like this.
  • Options
    One of my best friends was born the day after me. He's a really interesting guy, I feel like his and my personalities contrast quite strongly but in ways that make it so talking with him is really fun and interesting. I used to try to act more like the people I spoke to when I spoke with them, but how different we are is half of what makes our conversations fun.
  • Options

It's mostly been active at night. But I love when it's really active like this.

You still active on limbo?
  • Options

I watch a lot of medical programmes @Shaunie but for non-medical stuff outnumbered is good and so is Friday night dinner.

Omg yeah I do that like I sometimes think about how fast time is going and think before I know it I'll be 25, 30, 50... so on it's mad

Ah I’m not a keen on medical stuff anymore. I recommend innocent on I think itv or bbc. And motherland is funny and easy to watch.

Omg I know it’s scary