Home General Chat
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨
Options

General chit chat

Comments

• Options
    Past UserPast User Posts: 0 Just got here
    Yall need to sleeeeeeep.

But hi :D
  • Options
    independent_independent_ Community Champion Posts: 8,647 Legendary Poster
    Hi :joy: I think I’ve had about 20 minutes sleep. How are you @Supernova
    “Sometimes the people around you won’t understand your journey. They don’t need to, it’s not for them.”
  • Options
    Past UserPast User Posts: 0 Just got here
    Not the worst I've ever been @independent_ so I guess that's something :D thank you for asking!

How are you?
  • Options
    GreenTeaGreenTea Posts: 12,938 Born on Earth, Raised by The Mix
    It's house inspection day
  • Options
    Just tired but I guess that’s expected @Supernova I’m glad you’re doing a bit better.

Hope that goes ok @GreenTea
    “Sometimes the people around you won’t understand your journey. They don’t need to, it’s not for them.”
  • Options
    GreenTeaGreenTea Posts: 12,938 Born on Earth, Raised by The Mix
    Same otherwise landlady loses her licence and we have to move out
  • Options
    lovemimoonlovemimoon Posts: 2,318 Boards Champion
    Good luck @GreenTea

Morning everyone!
  • Options
    Morning @lovemimoon how are you?
  • Options
    Really rough. Woke up and the natural light was causing my head to spin. But either way, I'm good.

How are you?? Did you manage to get some decent sleep? @independent_
  • Options
    Ah I’m sorry to hear about the light! That’s rubbish @lovemimoon but I’m glad you’re doing good otherwise.

I’m very tired and just trying to wrap my head around how I’m feeling... I did manage to sleep for an hour or 2 which made a difference.
  • Options
    @independent_ Nothing I can't handle! :joy: Just can't leave the house for a while.

It's good to see you've managed to get some sleep. <3 Take time with yourself today. I'm here if you want to chat for a while.

Up to anything today?
  • Options
    @lovemimoon thank you <3 not up to much, just drinking a lot of coffee and will probably go for a nap at some point.

How about you?
  • Options
    @independent_ How much coffee are we talking about??

Nothing much. Just browsing through job sites. Good opportunities but I'm feeling really nervous.
  • Options
    @lovemimoon 2 cups, but I’ll definitely have a 3rd and maybe a 4th :joy:

It’s understandable to be nervous about those new opportunities, I would be too.

Well today’s good news - I got my Covid vaccine appointment through. Was wondering when that letter would arrive.

My fellow Scots have you had your letters yet?
  • Options
    @independent_ A 4th?? A 4th??? Mate, how are you alive??

I dunno. I see these new jobs and I'm afraid that I may not be up to the task like that. But gotta push it through somehow.

Oh! Congrats on the appointment! Hope the vaccination goes well!
  • Options
    Millie2787Millie2787 Community Champion Posts: 5,154 Part of The Furniture
    Night shifts will be the death of me but I prefer them soooo much to day shifts
    Sometimes all you need is one person to believe in you , for you to begin to believe in yourself.
  • Options
    Heey @Millie2787 Just came back from a night shift?
  • Options
    Millie2787Millie2787 Community Champion Posts: 5,154 Part of The Furniture
    Nahh finished at 7:30 but there’s a bloody fly in my room so I can’t settle @lovemimoon
    Sometimes all you need is one person to believe in you , for you to begin to believe in yourself.
  • Options
    @Millie2787 Same! Well, there's two flies left now. Rinsed out a can of bug spray just to get rid of them.
  • Options
    Past UserPast User Recovering🥀 LondonPosts: 0 Just got here
    The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • Options
    Hey @zaynab_5 Sorry to hear that! <3

How are you feeling??
  • Options
    ApolloApollo Posts: 804 Part of The Mix Family
    edited June 2021
    My fellow Scots have you had your letters yet?
    @independent_ not had mine cause I signed up via text but my brother got his this morning too
    🎵 I feel so funny these days, I'd rather sleep than stay awake 🎵
  • Options
    @lovemimoon you see, coffee keeps me alive :joy: I have had my 4 coffees lol.

@Apollo that’s interesting because I’ve spoken to about 3 other people who also got their’s this morning. They must be sending them out to everyone our age now.
  • Options
    @independent_ Yooo. Tell me how you manage to drink four cups of coffee and not faint.

Tell me how you've built that caffeine tolerance to that 'life or death' situation.
  • Options
  • Options
    Past UserPast User Definition of a mental mess and a certified lost cause :) EnglandPosts: 0 Just got here
  • Options
  • Options
    Past UserPast User Definition of a mental mess and a certified lost cause :) EnglandPosts: 0 Just got here
  • Options
    @lovemimoon I’ve drank coffee every day since I was 11, and I used to drink 6 or 7 cups a day at my worst. So 4 isn’t actually too bad for me :joy: I really am a coffee addict. In the summer of last year I managed to cut right down to 1 cup a day, and even went a few days without it, but it’s crept up again.

@LorryTruck I’m soo excited for the game too! GOOOO SCOTLAND!
  • Options