Home General Chat
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨
Aged 16-25? Share your experience of using the discussion boards and receive a £25 voucher! Take part via text-chat, video or phone. Click here to find out more and to take part.
Options

General chit chat

Comments

• Options
    StarlightStarlight Posts: 1,436 Wise Owl
    edited June 2020
    Aidan said:
    I was gonna ask what everyone's usernames would be if it was their initials but maybe it's too personal lol

Anyway I'd be AWB
    Mine would be PRS or PS and be the end note of a letter aha
    “I got you, moonlight, you're my starlight
    I need you all night, come on, dance with me”

* Shine like the star you are! *
  • Options
    SienaSiena Posts: 15,565 Skive's The Limit
    Mine would be SLW which used to get called Shaunie loves willie's
    “And when they look at you, they won't see everything you've been through. They won't see the **** that turned to scars that began to fade with time. They won't see the heartbreaking things that shook up and changed your entire world. They won't know how many tears you cried or even what it was you were crying about. They won't see how strong you had to be because you had no other choice. What they will see though is how compassionate you are because you experienced pain. What they will see is how kind you are because you experienced how cruel the world is. What they will see is how good you are because you've seen how bad things or people can be. The difference between you and your experiences are who you choose to be, despite everything that could have turned you cold and unkind.You are the good the world needs and the best of us.” ~ Kirsten Corley
  • Options
    Lol no that one is a joke hahah didnt get called that but did get called horny shaunie hahah
    “And when they look at you, they won't see everything you've been through. They won't see the **** that turned to scars that began to fade with time. They won't see the heartbreaking things that shook up and changed your entire world. They won't know how many tears you cried or even what it was you were crying about. They won't see how strong you had to be because you had no other choice. What they will see though is how compassionate you are because you experienced pain. What they will see is how kind you are because you experienced how cruel the world is. What they will see is how good you are because you've seen how bad things or people can be. The difference between you and your experiences are who you choose to be, despite everything that could have turned you cold and unkind.You are the good the world needs and the best of us.” ~ Kirsten Corley
  • Options
    LaineLaine Deactivated Posts: 2,762 Boards Guru
    I didn't go school or have friends 😂 

But my brother called me Amityville growing up. 

Friends don't really have a nickname for me 😂

🌈Positive thoughts🌈

"This is my family. I found it, all on my own.
    It's little, and Broken, but still good. Yeah. Still good." ~ Stitch

"Lately, I've been struggling with all the simple things in my life" ~ Cian Ducrot

"I don't know if it's because my heart hurts or I'm insecure" ~ Juice Wrld
  • Options
    GreenTeaGreenTea Posts: 12,938 Born on Earth, Raised by The Mix
    I just got the most lovely message on insta. I'm literally crying.
  • Options
    Yeah @Shaunie it was for a mock for my textiles exam 

• Options
    Oh wow really @Starlight that is really good! Very different and creative
  • Options
    Thanks @Aidan went with the second one not sure if I like it now looking at it aha :joy:

• Options
    independent_independent_ Community Champion Posts: 8,678 Legendary Poster
    My initials are EJM, I didn't really have any funny nicknames at school ahaha.
    “Sometimes the people around you won’t understand your journey. They don’t need to, it’s not for them.”
  • Options
    Shaunie said:
    Oh wow really @Starlight that is really good! Very different and creative
    Thanks I did my own research and found this photographer who did this circle thing and I liked the idea aha

• Options
    Ahhhhhhhh supercalafragalisticexpialidous 
  • Options
    Although every teacher I ever had said my name wrong at least 5 times a week!
    “Sometimes the people around you won’t understand your journey. They don’t need to, it’s not for them.”
  • Options
    Right so I didn’t like it and now I’m gonna have a nice little field aha

• Options
    Feeling a bit loopy 🤦‍♀️😂 don't mind me
  • Options
    @Aidan there was a lad in my primary class called Aidan and he used to get really really really mad when people spelled it like Aiden! 
  • Options
    Aidan said:
    Starlight I thought that was the windows XP background then haha

😂
  • Options
    My surname is mispronounced by absolutely everyone as well. Haha. 
  • Options
    My background is a snowman
  • Options
    Aidan said:
    @independent_ haha at my work experience they just called me 'H' cos they thought my name was Hayden and I couldn't bring myself to correct them
    Omgg i had this problem at primark 😂. This girl would always call me shaughna it always felt too late to correct her. I was speaking to her for ages and then the tanoy goes like "could shevaun please report to 06". And i was just like oh i need to go. Snd she was like what wait youre shevaun. And im like yeah while slowly walking away 😂😂😂😂😂😂
  • Options
    Aidan said:
    Starlight I thought that was the windows XP background then haha

Nah :joy: I’ll keep it somewhat original ahaha

• Options
    Aidan said:
    Do you wanna build a snowman?
    No :joy: 

• Options
    It's strange @Aidan, because every Aidan I've ever met has been an Aidan, not an Aiden. Aha. 
  • Options
    Im gunna go starting to feel so sick Again. Bye!
  • Options
    Goodnight @Shaunie, feel better soon. 
  • Options
    Past UserPast User Posts: 1,997 Extreme Poster
    feel well shaunie
  • Options
    I'll build a snowman
  • Options
    @Liam did you ever make use of that training in telling jokes we mentioned earlier in GC?
  • Options
    I’m gonna go tidy and then get to sleep before it gets too late and I just don’t sleep aha goodnight everyone thanks again!  <3

• Options
    @Aidan my mind is blown. That is a very good question aha. 

When people learn how my name is pronounced they start spelling it wrong instead. I cannot win :joy: 
  • Options
    Past UserPast User Posts: 1,997 Extreme Poster
    @Liam did you ever make use of that training in telling jokes we mentioned earlier in GC?
    my training is to not tell jokes in serious situations (like when people are sad) because i looove jokes and if ever im sad like just tell me a funny joke then im liam again :lol: