Home General Chat
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨
Options

General chit chat

Comments

• Options
    independent_independent_ Community Champion Posts: 8,647 Legendary Poster
    @Shaunie ohh yeah I sort of know what you mean with the air sound, like you can hear something outside at night and it’s not complete silence?

I hope you feel better soon <3 I’m sure my sister used to like that Justin Bieber song.
    “Sometimes the people around you won’t understand your journey. They don’t need to, it’s not for them.”
  • Options
    SienaSiena Posts: 15,522 Skive's The Limit
    edited February 2021
    Yes cause I’m summer it’s not windy and can’t hear cars but hear the air right ?  It’s very peaceful 

and thank you
    “And when they look at you, they won't see everything you've been through. They won't see the **** that turned to scars that began to fade with time. They won't see the heartbreaking things that shook up and changed your entire world. They won't know how many tears you cried or even what it was you were crying about. They won't see how strong you had to be because you had no other choice. What they will see though is how compassionate you are because you experienced pain. What they will see is how kind you are because you experienced how cruel the world is. What they will see is how good you are because you've seen how bad things or people can be. The difference between you and your experiences are who you choose to be, despite everything that could have turned you cold and unkind.You are the good the world needs and the best of us.” ~ Kirsten Corley
  • Options
    Do you read any books @independent_ ?
    “And when they look at you, they won't see everything you've been through. They won't see the **** that turned to scars that began to fade with time. They won't see the heartbreaking things that shook up and changed your entire world. They won't know how many tears you cried or even what it was you were crying about. They won't see how strong you had to be because you had no other choice. What they will see though is how compassionate you are because you experienced pain. What they will see is how kind you are because you experienced how cruel the world is. What they will see is how good you are because you've seen how bad things or people can be. The difference between you and your experiences are who you choose to be, despite everything that could have turned you cold and unkind.You are the good the world needs and the best of us.” ~ Kirsten Corley
  • Options
    @Shaunie yeah it is peaceful! I like sitting outside late at night in the summer (so long as it’s actually warm enough) it’s always so quiet out here there’s hardly any cars or people late at night. 
    “Sometimes the people around you won’t understand your journey. They don’t need to, it’s not for them.”
  • Options
    I’ve started reading currently reading haven’t they grown 

im on like page 100 and actually like it! 

Not a massive book lover but I’m actually getting into this one 
    family made a book club where we all buy one book a month each and we all rotate the book round lol

any recommendations would be appreciated 
  • Options
    @Shaunie yeah it is peaceful! I like sitting outside late at night in the summer (so long as it’s actually warm enough) it’s always so quiet out here there’s hardly any cars or people late at night. 
    Omg that is a nice feeling. Aw wish it was summer now
  • Options
    @Shaunie I don’t really read books to be honest, I was forced to read at school and that took all remaining fun out of it for me :lol: that book you’re reading sounds great though and I love the idea of the book club!!

Won’t be long till summer!! Was much nicer being in lockdown in the summer too when the garden was actually a nice place to go lol. 
  • Options
    @Shaunie I don’t really read books to be honest, I was forced to read at school and that took all remaining fun out of it for me :lol: that book you’re reading sounds great though and I love the idea of the book club!!

Won’t be long till summer!! Was much nicer being in lockdown in the summer too when the garden was actually a nice place to go lol. 
    Ah yeah that used to be me. I would be like whatttt.na I ain’t reading a book unless I’m getting some qualification out of it lol. But then it’s actually quite nice to like put all your focus into that book. Like I feel like when I’m watching a film it’s so visual that I feel like I’m multitasking with my thoughts too. But with a book it’s hard to do that. When I first start a book I’m actually really slow at it because I try to remember names and all that stuff. Cause when I watch a film I don’t remember names I just remember faces. So that’s been hard for me. But getting there. Once I’m on like page 60 it goes quicker ahha and actually wanna know what happening. 

Do you think you’ll ever start reading 

and omg I know. I hope we get a good hot summer again. I want to visual myself in the garden with my sunnies on. Reading a book. Teddy running around and eating an ice cream lol
  • Options
    @Shaunie aw yeah I get what you mean, I find that with films sometimes it’s hard at the start and I get all confused but once it’s part way into it it gets a bit easier. 

I dunno, I’ve never really enjoyed reading or had the attention span for it, I used to read my school books for 2 minutes then get distracted (even if they were good books). I did used to love an audio book though when I was little and would probably still like those now if I gave them a chance. 

Awww!! That sounds lovely. And ice cream is always nice! OMG there was a Ben & Jerry’s advert on when I was in the Co-op earlier and now I’ve wanted ben & jerry’s all day lol. 
  • Options
    GreenTeaGreenTea Posts: 12,938 Born on Earth, Raised by The Mix
    Morning
  • Options
    Millie2787Millie2787 Community Champion Posts: 5,154 Part of The Furniture
    So tired 😓 not in the mood for work today I feel terrible 
    Sometimes all you need is one person to believe in you , for you to begin to believe in yourself.
  • Options
    DandelionDandelion Posts: 1,911 Extreme Poster
    Meet Kelly, the Jelly(fish) lol 😂 
    The steps you take don’t need to be big, they just need to take you in the right direction. 
  • Options
    Dandelion said:
    Meet Kelly, the Jelly(fish) lol 😂 
    Cute!Did you make it ?
  • Options
    @Dandelion that's so cool!! 
    Love it!
  • Options
    Thanks guys, yeah I made her today 😊
    The steps you take don’t need to be big, they just need to take you in the right direction. 
  • Options
    Aw cute !!!! 
  • Options
    How’s everyone’s day going?
  • Options
    This cecil hotel documentary series is insane
  • Options
    I haven’t had a headache to day!
  • Options
    Heyyy everyone!! Hope you’re all ok <3 

@Shaunie yayyyy to no headache!! That’s great 
  • Options
    I know. So pleased. I went out and got stuff for headaches just incase. 

• Options
    Might get a weighted blanket with my covid voucher 

anyone got one and think it’s worth it ?
  • Options
    DurhamjaideDurhamjaide Posts: 1,225 Wise Owl
    I have got one for Christmas they are good 
  • Options
    Shaunie said:
    Might get a weighted blanket with my covid voucher 

anyone got one and think it’s worth it ?
    I’ve got one and I love it 
  • Options
    Thanks gunna get one

• Options
    How’s everyone’s day been? 
  • Options
    Where is everyone?
  • Options
    DancerDancer Community Champion Posts: 7,815 Master Poster
    Not sure. It has been very quiet this weekend.
    "There's a part of me I can't get back. A little girl grew up too fast. All it took was once. I'll never be the same." ~ Demi Lovato
    "The way that I have found the light in my life is through the expressive arts because I know that I will be accepted for the way I am." ~ Me
    "I'm going to get strong again and see you soon. " ~ Anonymous 
  • Options
    DurhamjaideDurhamjaide Posts: 1,225 Wise Owl
    Not bad just chilling after my valentines disco 
  • Options
    Probably quiet because everyone is off having a wonderful weekend! :)