Home General Chat
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨
Options

General chit chat

Comments

• Options
    SienaSiena Posts: 15,522 Skive's The Limit
    Does this look familiar to anyone?
    https://vm.tiktok.com/ZMeRemucF/
    “And when they look at you, they won't see everything you've been through. They won't see the **** that turned to scars that began to fade with time. They won't see the heartbreaking things that shook up and changed your entire world. They won't know how many tears you cried or even what it was you were crying about. They won't see how strong you had to be because you had no other choice. What they will see though is how compassionate you are because you experienced pain. What they will see is how kind you are because you experienced how cruel the world is. What they will see is how good you are because you've seen how bad things or people can be. The difference between you and your experiences are who you choose to be, despite everything that could have turned you cold and unkind.You are the good the world needs and the best of us.” ~ Kirsten Corley
  • Options
    DurhamjaideDurhamjaide Posts: 1,225 Wise Owl
    Good morning 
  • Options
    Millie2787Millie2787 Community Champion Posts: 5,154 Part of The Furniture
    What up guys gals and non binary pals 
    Sometimes all you need is one person to believe in you , for you to begin to believe in yourself.
  • Options
    Millie2787Millie2787 Community Champion Posts: 5,154 Part of The Furniture
    Shaunie said:
    Does this look familiar to anyone?
    https://vm.tiktok.com/ZMeRemucF/
    @shaunie yes yes it does , I Remeber seeing it when I was scrolling through tik tok last night 🤣
    Sometimes all you need is one person to believe in you , for you to begin to believe in yourself.
  • Options
    GreenTeaGreenTea Posts: 12,938 Born on Earth, Raised by The Mix
    I really hope my covid test results are back today.. I feel so so poorly
  • Options
    DandelionDandelion Posts: 1,911 Extreme Poster
    Good morning guys 
    The steps you take don’t need to be big, they just need to take you in the right direction. 
  • Options
    Dandelion said:
    Good morning guys 

Morning. How are you
  • Options
    DandelionDandelion Posts: 1,911 Extreme Poster
    I’m alright thanks, got the day off tomorrow so looking forward to that. How are you?
    The steps you take don’t need to be big, they just need to take you in the right direction. 
  • Options
    DurhamjaideDurhamjaide Posts: 1,225 Wise Owl
    I’m good thanks wuu2 today guys and girls 
  • Options
    I’m good thanks wuu2 today guys and girls 
    Went to collect my prescription and went out to buy some grapes. Now waiting for my appointment. How about you? 
    “And when they look at you, they won't see everything you've been through. They won't see the **** that turned to scars that began to fade with time. They won't see the heartbreaking things that shook up and changed your entire world. They won't know how many tears you cried or even what it was you were crying about. They won't see how strong you had to be because you had no other choice. What they will see though is how compassionate you are because you experienced pain. What they will see is how kind you are because you experienced how cruel the world is. What they will see is how good you are because you've seen how bad things or people can be. The difference between you and your experiences are who you choose to be, despite everything that could have turned you cold and unkind.You are the good the world needs and the best of us.” ~ Kirsten Corley
  • Options
    Dandelion said:
    I’m alright thanks, got the day off tomorrow so looking forward to that. How are you?

Really not well. Still waiting for covid results. As the day has gone by I've got worse symptoms wise. At a point where I might need to ring 111
  • Options
    independent_independent_ Community Champion Posts: 8,647 Legendary Poster
    heyy hope everyone has had a good day <3 
    “Sometimes the people around you won’t understand your journey. They don’t need to, it’s not for them.”
  • Options
    I feel like shite
  • Options
    Sending big hugs @GreenTea hope you feel better soon <3 

I might make hot chocolate 
    “Sometimes the people around you won’t understand your journey. They don’t need to, it’s not for them.”
  • Options
    Who is excited for Tracey beaker on Friday !!!!
  • Options
    Sending big hugs @GreenTea hope you feel better soon <3 

I might make hot chocolate 

Thank you
    I knew I had covid. Explains why I feel so poorly. 
  • Options
    @independent_
    did you say you take 

Mirtazapine

• Options
    @Shaunie ooh, is it back?

@GreenTea that's rubbish hope you're feeling better soon. 
  • Options
    @Shaunie yeah I do take mirtazapine 
  • Options
    I take mirtazapine..
  • Options
    @GreenTea did you get really weird vivid dreams when you were first on it? I had about 4 different ones last night and they were so so weird lol
  • Options
    edited February 2021
    @Shaunie yeah I do take mirtazapine 
    Ah my gp prescribed it to me today. He asked about my sleep. I said I go sleep @ 1. Then said then I just over sleep. Then he was like okay I’ll give you mirrazpine to take before bed. He said it like it’s a night aid when I said I over sleep. Now I’m confused. Google says it’s an antidepressant but already on anti depressant 
  • Options
    edited February 2021
  • Options
    @Shaunie it is an antidepressant but it can be a sedative as well so can help if you struggle to fall asleep. I got prescribed it because I needed to try antidepressants again and had also been struggling a lot with sleep. Apart from the extra sleep and really weird dreams I've had no other side effects.
  • Options
    Omg. The last thing I need is a sedative affect :(
  • Options
    It's an anti depressants with a sedative. I've been on it for ages now. 
    @independent_ nah I get really bad acid reflux on it though. 
  • Options
    @Shaunie yeah it’s usually prescribed if you have insomnia. Seems strange that you’d get it if you oversleep, but maybe your GP thinks it’d help you in some other way cause it works a bit differently to antidepressants like citalopram, sertraline etc?
  • Options
    I’ve never heard of someone been on two antidepressants surely that isn’t right.  I take propranolol aswel 
  • Options
    @Shaunie yeah it’s usually prescribed if you have insomnia. Seems strange that you’d get it if you oversleep, but maybe your GP thinks it’d help you in some other way cause it works a bit differently to antidepressants like citalopram, sertraline etc?
    Yeah it’s weird. It’s like they want me to just sleep as I will cause less drama then. They tell me to take promethazine aswell which knocks me out which they know so why would I do that. 

I take citalopram and propranolol 
  • Options
    @GreenTea ohh that’s interesting I haven’t had any other side effects other than the  dreams (my dreams were mental anyway but these are insane). They’re not necessarily bad they’re just weird. But my GP said it’s less likely to make you feel sick than other antidepressants which is better for me cause I’m a bit of a sick phobic!