Home General Chat
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨
Options

General chit chat

Comments

• Options
    independent_independent_ Community Champion Posts: 8,647 Legendary Poster
    @Shaunie I think sometimes they prescribe a combination of antidepressants to make them more effective, I don’t know much about it but I know of a couple of people who take more than one. I think it just helps them be more effective sometimes. 
    “Sometimes the people around you won’t understand your journey. They don’t need to, it’s not for them.”
  • Options
    GreenTeaGreenTea Posts: 12,938 Born on Earth, Raised by The Mix
    Shaunie said:
    I’ve never heard of someone been on two antidepressants surely that isn’t right.  I take propranolol aswel 

It's kinda common actually.. but mirtazapine is also used to treat other mental illness. Not just depression and anxiety
  • Options
    SienaSiena Posts: 15,522 Skive's The Limit
    @Shaunie I think sometimes they prescribe a combination of antidepressants to make them more effective, I don’t know much about it but I know of a couple of people who take more than one. I think it just helps them be more effective sometimes. 
    Oh that’s interesting. Didn’t know that. . Did you know that people can be prescribed anti psychotics for depression ?
    “And when they look at you, they won't see everything you've been through. They won't see the **** that turned to scars that began to fade with time. They won't see the heartbreaking things that shook up and changed your entire world. They won't know how many tears you cried or even what it was you were crying about. They won't see how strong you had to be because you had no other choice. What they will see though is how compassionate you are because you experienced pain. What they will see is how kind you are because you experienced how cruel the world is. What they will see is how good you are because you've seen how bad things or people can be. The difference between you and your experiences are who you choose to be, despite everything that could have turned you cold and unkind.You are the good the world needs and the best of us.” ~ Kirsten Corley
  • Options
    I think it’s really sad at how excited I am about this Tracey beaker on Friday hahah
    “And when they look at you, they won't see everything you've been through. They won't see the **** that turned to scars that began to fade with time. They won't see the heartbreaking things that shook up and changed your entire world. They won't know how many tears you cried or even what it was you were crying about. They won't see how strong you had to be because you had no other choice. What they will see though is how compassionate you are because you experienced pain. What they will see is how kind you are because you experienced how cruel the world is. What they will see is how good you are because you've seen how bad things or people can be. The difference between you and your experiences are who you choose to be, despite everything that could have turned you cold and unkind.You are the good the world needs and the best of us.” ~ Kirsten Corley
  • Options
    @Shaunie I didn’t until I read your thread about it a few days ago. That’s really interesting, I guess it gives another option for people if antidepressants don’t work. 
    “Sometimes the people around you won’t understand your journey. They don’t need to, it’s not for them.”
  • Options
    @Shaunie I didn’t until I read your thread about it a few days ago. That’s really interesting, I guess it gives another option for people if antidepressants don’t work. 
    Yeah apparently helps the antidepressant
  • Options
    edited February 2021
    But omg I am not taking it now if it will increase my appetite 
  • Options
    Have you noticed increase appetite @independent_ ?
  • Options
    @Shaunie that is a very common side effect but maybe speak to your GP about it :) 
  • Options
    Shaunie said:
    I have but not massively @Shaunie but I haven’t been on them long. 
  • Options
    GreenTea said:
    I'm so fucking done. So fucking done. 
    Sending big hugs @GreenTea here if you want to chat <3 
  • Options
    @independent_ doing anything nice this weekend?
  • Options
    Shaunie said:
    I have but not massively @Shaunie but I haven’t been on them long. 
    Oh no. Think I’ll ring them tomorrow morning and say I don’t want it ahh
  • Options
    GreenTea said:
    I'm so fucking done. So fucking done. 
    Sending big hugs @GreenTea here if you want to chat <3 

Just want to stop coughing and this headache to go away so I can fucking sleep tbh
  • Options
    @GreenTea no plans as of yet. I really need to go for a proper walk in the next few days lol. 

Anything nice you can do for yourself while you’re in isolation? Make sure you’re looking after yourself <3 
  • Options
    @GreenTea no plans as of yet. I really need to go for a proper walk in the next few days lol. 

Anything nice you can do for yourself while you’re in isolation? Make sure you’re looking after yourself <3 

Don't even have the energy to get out of bed anymore tbh. When ever I stand up I get super shakey and lightheaded. So probably just gonna stay in bed through this
  • Options
    Don’t suppose there is a med that increase energy levels 
  • Options
    edited February 2021
    Read wrong. Ignore this
  • Options
    GreenTea said:
    Shaunie said:

No. It's a sedative @Shaunie
    That's already been said..
    I’m talking about any med
  • Options
    I wanna be injected with caffeine lol
  • Options
    Shaunie said:
    GreenTea said:
    Shaunie said:

No. It's a sedative @Shaunie
    That's already been said..
    I’m talking about any med

I know of some. But I'm not your GP so I shouldn't even be giving advice 
  • Options
    edited February 2021
    It’s fine I always give advice. 

The amount of times I search up my symptoms and then all the illness that could be it. I feel like I could be a doctor lol
  • Options
    I feel like I’m the only one who has their window open while there is snow outside lol 
  • Options
     I love the sound of air (not why I have window open, just feel unwell) but I swear air has a sound? That’s outside ?
  • Options
    @GreenTea oh no, that sounds awful. There’s nothing worse than being ill. Maybe things you can do from bed, see if you can find films you’ve never seen or even watch some of your favourites again <3 

@Shaunie I don’t know if there is one, I think some antidepressants can make it hard to sleep when you first start taking them but that tends to go away so idk if there’s a med that increases energy long term. Ringing your GP in the morning sounds like a good idea and you could maybe ask them if there is one. 
  • Options
    @Shaunie my window is firmly closed lol it’s cold out there!! Interesting when you say air has a sound.. is it like the sound of the wind?
  • Options
    I hope they didn’t prescribe it with intentions of making me fat
  • Options
    edited February 2021
    @Shaunie my window is firmly closed lol it’s cold out there!! Interesting when you say air has a sound.. is it like the sound of the wind?
    Um yeah I think some of it is wind maybe but everything looks still. Maybe it’s cars from a very far distance. 
  • Options
    I don’t know how I’m going to sleep when I feel this unwell

i feel very sorry for myself and head 
  • Options
    I’m listening to old songs. Some real throw backs. Rn listening to one less lonely girl by Justin bieber and watching the video. He looks very young lol. 

It reminds me of a time where I knew this boy that was very good looking. But too popular for me. He looked exactly like Justin bieber But ya I still went in their by messaging. I went out with him for like a week 😂. Then I was very heart broken he dumped me and told others before he told me hahahha