Home General Chat
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨
Options

General chit chat

Comments

• Options
    DandelionDandelion Posts: 1,911 Extreme Poster
    Eleanor said:
    Right, I have a slight reliance on making lists and I moving out tomorrow to uni so I'm making a to-do list of everything I need to do when I get there:
    - Collect campus card
    - Finish enrolment 
    - Unpack
    - Register at GP 

What else do I need to do? :joy: 
    Good luck Eleanor, remember to let us know how you’re getting on ❤️
    The steps you take don’t need to be big, they just need to take you in the right direction. 
  • Options
    GreenTeaGreenTea Posts: 12,938 Born on Earth, Raised by The Mix
    Having a moment by the river watching the sunset while texting with shout and drinking a pepsi.. well was peaceful until a talkative pigeon appeared
  • Options
    @Eleanor

Just a thought..have you had the meningitis vaccine you are supposed to have before moving to University?
  • Options
    ZenZen Posts: 1,989 Extreme Poster
    @GreenTea I had a few a while ago, I think so? I'm up to date on all my vaccines so I guess so?
    Alis propriis volat 
  • Options
    Eleanor said:
    @GreenTea I had a few a while ago, I think so? I'm up to date on all my vaccines so I guess so?

Ah ok. Just wanted to check. When I went uni I had to rush because I forgot to get it done
  • Options
    I think you get the meningitis vaccine in year 11 now at least in England. I tried to get mine before uni and they were like um... you already have it 😂
    The steps you take don’t need to be big, they just need to take you in the right direction. 
  • Options
    Dandelion said:
    I think you get the meningitis vaccine in year 11 now at least in England. I tried to get mine before uni and they were like um... you already have it 😂

The menACWY vaccine? It's still advertised as getting it a few months before uni
  • Options
    Yeah, I’m not sure maybe it was just my school/ area that does it, because I saw it advertised as well, but we’d already had it. 
  • Options
    independent_independent_ Community Champion Posts: 8,648 Legendary Poster
    Im in Scotland, but I had the meningitis vaccine when I was about 14, but I think you can get it up until you're 25. But up here at least most people will have had it before uni :) 
    “Sometimes the people around you won’t understand your journey. They don’t need to, it’s not for them.”
  • Options
    SienaSiena Posts: 15,523 Skive's The Limit
    I’m getting so stressed about this interview ah
    “And when they look at you, they won't see everything you've been through. They won't see the **** that turned to scars that began to fade with time. They won't see the heartbreaking things that shook up and changed your entire world. They won't know how many tears you cried or even what it was you were crying about. They won't see how strong you had to be because you had no other choice. What they will see though is how compassionate you are because you experienced pain. What they will see is how kind you are because you experienced how cruel the world is. What they will see is how good you are because you've seen how bad things or people can be. The difference between you and your experiences are who you choose to be, despite everything that could have turned you cold and unkind.You are the good the world needs and the best of us.” ~ Kirsten Corley
  • Options
    when is it @Shaunie?
    “Sometimes the people around you won’t understand your journey. They don’t need to, it’s not for them.”
  • Options
    Pretty sure a bat just flew past my window
  • Options
    On Monday
    “And when they look at you, they won't see everything you've been through. They won't see the **** that turned to scars that began to fade with time. They won't see the heartbreaking things that shook up and changed your entire world. They won't know how many tears you cried or even what it was you were crying about. They won't see how strong you had to be because you had no other choice. What they will see though is how compassionate you are because you experienced pain. What they will see is how kind you are because you experienced how cruel the world is. What they will see is how good you are because you've seen how bad things or people can be. The difference between you and your experiences are who you choose to be, despite everything that could have turned you cold and unkind.You are the good the world needs and the best of us.” ~ Kirsten Corley
  • Options
    How are you @independent_
  • Options
    This is the job description 

The Primary Care Mental Health Service works closely with the GP to promote early assessment, treatment and/or onward referral in the community. It supports individuals to focus on achievable goals and access local community resources, to help the individual manage their mental health more effectively.

Peer Support workers will help with goal setting and will support the individual with practical steps towards achieving their identified goals.

• Options
    @GreenTea I'm not brilliant feeling quite overwhelmed with everything now. How are you doing? I see on the hugs thread you've been having a really rough night, i hope things are a bit better now <3 

@Shaunie that sounds like a really interesting job and it'd suit you very well. 
  • Options
    edited September 2020
    Thank you. 

Don’t think I’ll get it. It’s all the way in Huntingdon and I can’t drive Which is usually ideal to drive to peers houses

but will be good for the experience of interview
  • Options
    @Shaunie you never know, if you're right for the job they may well consider you even though you can't drive. 
  • Options
    @independent_ I'm really not ok at the moment. SHOUT helped me form a plan for this evening which has helped slightly. Just really struggling with thoughts.
    kinda not sure if I want to shower or do the 3 goals. Also need to figure out what self care i want to do tonight.
  • Options
    @GreenTea I'm really glad shout were helpful for tonight, sending you big hugs. It's really hard but you'll get through this. 
  • Options
    Working on it.
    Just trying to keep my mind distracted. Need a break from mu
  • Options
    GreenTea said:
    Pretty sure a bat just flew past my window
    We have a bat that flies around our garden too! 
  • Options
    Yeah I guess so. Did ask in application if can drive and put no so guess wouldn’t give interview if completly out the question
  • Options
    @GreenTea you're doing a great job, I really understand the feeling of just needing a break from it all.
  • Options
    @Shaunie that's right, if it was an absolute requirement and you clicked no they probably wouldn't interview you. The fact that they're interviewing you shows that they think you may be suitable for it and the right person for it <3 I think you're brilliant at supporting others and empathising so think it'd be a wonderful job for you 
  • Options

I really want these...
  • Options
    Thank you @independent_ <3
  • Options
    Anyone still awake?
  • Options
    Millie2787Millie2787 Community Champion Posts: 5,154 Part of The Furniture
    I’m tired lol
    Sometimes all you need is one person to believe in you , for you to begin to believe in yourself.
  • Options
    Salix_alba_2019Salix_alba_2019 Deactivated Posts: 1,646 Extreme Poster
    I'm awake