Home General Chat
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨
Options

General chit chat

Comments

• Options
    Anch0r33Anch0r33 Posts: 1,201 Wise Owl
    Heya! 

I'm heading out shopping with my bf and his stepdad to buy stuff for my bfs mum's birthday :) 

I'm supposed to be going back to training tonight (outdoors)
                   (_)
                    |
               ()---|---()
                    |
                    |
             __     |     __
            |\     /^\     /|
              '..-'   '-..'
                `-._ _.-`
                    `
  • Options
    SienaSiena Posts: 15,534 Skive's The Limit
    Anch0r33 said:
    Heya! 

I'm heading out shopping with my bf and his stepdad to buy stuff for my bfs mum's birthday :) 

I'm supposed to be going back to training tonight (outdoors)
    Have fun!
    “And when they look at you, they won't see everything you've been through. They won't see the **** that turned to scars that began to fade with time. They won't see the heartbreaking things that shook up and changed your entire world. They won't know how many tears you cried or even what it was you were crying about. They won't see how strong you had to be because you had no other choice. What they will see though is how compassionate you are because you experienced pain. What they will see is how kind you are because you experienced how cruel the world is. What they will see is how good you are because you've seen how bad things or people can be. The difference between you and your experiences are who you choose to be, despite everything that could have turned you cold and unkind.You are the good the world needs and the best of us.” ~ Kirsten Corley
  • Options
    GreenTeaGreenTea Posts: 12,938 Born on Earth, Raised by The Mix
    My other job offered me hours without me re applying. They must love me haha
  • Options
    Millie2787Millie2787 Community Champion Posts: 5,155 Part of The Furniture
    First interview done :) 
    Sometimes all you need is one person to believe in you , for you to begin to believe in yourself.
  • Options

Well done
  • Options
    independent_independent_ Community Champion Posts: 8,649 Legendary Poster
    I’m alright thanks @Shaunie, how are you?

Have to go to the shop lol 
    “Sometimes the people around you won’t understand your journey. They don’t need to, it’s not for them.”
  • Options
    Anch0r33Anch0r33 Posts: 1,201 Wise Owl

How did it go? :) 
                   (_)
                    |
               ()---|---()
                    |
                    |
             __     |     __
            |\     /^\     /|
              '..-'   '-..'
                `-._ _.-`
                    `
  • Options
    Millie2787Millie2787 Community Champion Posts: 5,155 Part of The Furniture
    I think they legit rang me like half hour after I  left to offer me the job but I missed there call so hopefully there ring back.

but I’m just waiting for my second interview now 
    Sometimes all you need is one person to believe in you , for you to begin to believe in yourself.
  • Options
    It's so hot ,
  • Options
    It’s not as hot as it looks:(
    “And when they look at you, they won't see everything you've been through. They won't see the **** that turned to scars that began to fade with time. They won't see the heartbreaking things that shook up and changed your entire world. They won't know how many tears you cried or even what it was you were crying about. They won't see how strong you had to be because you had no other choice. What they will see though is how compassionate you are because you experienced pain. What they will see is how kind you are because you experienced how cruel the world is. What they will see is how good you are because you've seen how bad things or people can be. The difference between you and your experiences are who you choose to be, despite everything that could have turned you cold and unkind.You are the good the world needs and the best of us.” ~ Kirsten Corley
  • Options
    It is lol it's 24 degrees
  • Options
    EGMEGM Posts: 282 The Mix Regular
    Absolutely boiling when you're in the sun. Treated myself to a slush puppy earlier and a walk in the park
  • Options
    EGM said:
    Absolutely boiling when you're in the sun. Treated myself to a slush puppy earlier and a walk in the park

Sounds nice.
    How have you been doing?
  • Options
    EGMEGM Posts: 282 The Mix Regular
    GreenTea said:
    EGM said:

Sounds nice.
    How have you been doing?

I've been alright. School is a bit repetitive but better then being at home I think. Lovely to see my friends too. Also my clubs are returning so I'm busy again, which is nice in some ways.

How have you been?
  • Options
     this little beaut landed on me today
  • Options
    _Tech_Addict_Girl_Tech_Addict_Girl Posts: 1,489 Wise Owl
    Hey guys ❤️
  • Options
    Housemate is showing covid symptoms, and has been tested.. which means we all have to isolate..but oh wait...she went to work and decided not to tell any of us?
  • Options
    Past UserPast User Posts: 1,997 Extreme Poster
     Backkk from school woo :smiley:
  • Options
    ZenZen Posts: 1,989 Extreme Poster
    Right, I have a slight reliance on making lists and I moving out tomorrow to uni so I'm making a to-do list of everything I need to do when I get there:
    - Collect campus card
    - Finish enrolment 
    - Unpack
    - Register at GP 

What else do I need to do? :joy: 
    Alis propriis volat 
  • Options
    Ooo I need to check my schedule for next week too!
    Alis propriis volat 
  • Options
    Liam said:
     Backkk from school woo :smiley:

Yay how was it?
  • Options
    Face time Barney to tell him you miss him. That's a biggie  @Eleanor
  • Options
    @GreenTea . Ok thanks, glad its the weekend lol
  • Options
    edited September 2020
    Cool
  • Options
    Ah I am basically dead to the world today 😩can’t stay awake 
  • Options
    Good luck starting uni @Eleanor
  • Options
    Good luck Eleanor <3
  • Options
    Thanks guys <3
    Alis propriis volat 
  • Options
    independent_independent_ Community Champion Posts: 8,649 Legendary Poster
    Good luck @Eleanor, you’ll smash it <3 
    “Sometimes the people around you won’t understand your journey. They don’t need to, it’s not for them.”
  • Options
    I'm so tired.