Home General Chat
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨
Options

General chit chat

Comments

• Options
    SienaSiena Posts: 15,544 Skive's The Limit
    My dads works at royal mail. Sorting out letters! Not as techy as a electrion tho lol
    “And when they look at you, they won't see everything you've been through. They won't see the **** that turned to scars that began to fade with time. They won't see the heartbreaking things that shook up and changed your entire world. They won't know how many tears you cried or even what it was you were crying about. They won't see how strong you had to be because you had no other choice. What they will see though is how compassionate you are because you experienced pain. What they will see is how kind you are because you experienced how cruel the world is. What they will see is how good you are because you've seen how bad things or people can be. The difference between you and your experiences are who you choose to be, despite everything that could have turned you cold and unkind.You are the good the world needs and the best of us.” ~ Kirsten Corley
  • Options
    GreenTeaGreenTea Posts: 12,938 Born on Earth, Raised by The Mix
    My anxiety is like..
    "The mix probably regret this thread being allowed"

Ahhhh brain
  • Options
    Starlight said:
    My mum and dad are both nurses. Though my dad retired a few years ago now, had a few years off and then my mum didn't like him being at home all day everyday so he got his nurse license and started doing agency work in care homes every now and then. My mum also works in a care home. 
    Aw thats lovely! Theyre adding so much care to community! 
    “And when they look at you, they won't see everything you've been through. They won't see the **** that turned to scars that began to fade with time. They won't see the heartbreaking things that shook up and changed your entire world. They won't know how many tears you cried or even what it was you were crying about. They won't see how strong you had to be because you had no other choice. What they will see though is how compassionate you are because you experienced pain. What they will see is how kind you are because you experienced how cruel the world is. What they will see is how good you are because you've seen how bad things or people can be. The difference between you and your experiences are who you choose to be, despite everything that could have turned you cold and unkind.You are the good the world needs and the best of us.” ~ Kirsten Corley
  • Options
    GreenTea said:
    My anxiety is like..
    "The mix probably regret this thread being allowed"

Ahhhh brain
    Why would they?
  • Options
    StarlightStarlight Posts: 1,436 Wise Owl
    When my mums at work shes the only nurse there and isn't allowed to leave the building or get a proper break for her whole 13 hour shift!! @Liam its not her dream job but i think she likes it really, however much she might complain when she gets home from work aha
    “I got you, moonlight, you're my starlight
    I need you all night, come on, dance with me”

* Shine like the star you are! *
  • Options
    Past UserPast User Posts: 1,997 Extreme Poster
    omg @starlight is that legal?! your poor mam. My mam works 12 hour shifts but theyre not as intense as your mams, sheeeesh! 
  • Options
    Starlight said:
    When my mums at work shes the only nurse there and isn't allowed to leave the building or get a proper break for her whole 13 hour shift!! @Liam its not her dream job but i think she likes it really, however much she might complain when she gets home from work aha
    That must be proper rewarding and admiring though! I dont think i could ever do 13 hours tbh. Do you know what her dream job is?  I would love to be a mental health nurse but i dont think i could deal with the pressure
  • Options
    i wanted to be a fireman but dont think i want to anymore  :/:lol:
  • Options
    Yeah it is she technically gets a paid break time though always has to be ready to jump into action if a resident needs it and a lot of her job is paperwork etc. as well as looking after people physically. She gets her own office which I think shes pretty happy about aha

• Options
    independent_independent_ Community Champion Posts: 8,660 Legendary Poster
    Oh my goodness, idk what happened there. My internet was being really really really slow and my first post didn't show up aha.

@Liam he finds it very stressful and doesn't like when people don't know what they're doing and make problems worse (there are a lot of them at his work!!

My mum works in a school, she's had to go back recently to do sorting/organising/admin/whatever the hell they need to do before kids go back aha. She hasn't been working through this apart from doing a weekly teams video call with some of the kids. She enjoys her job but she's going to uni next year to retrain to be an actual teacher. :)
    “Sometimes the people around you won’t understand your journey. They don’t need to, it’s not for them.”
  • Options
    @Aidan youre awake late, are you ok??? :lol:
  • Options
    Aidan said:
    This thread is great, it'd be great if like @Ed_ or someone could do that maths on what percentage of the mix's posts recently have been in this thread :joy:

80% is my guess
  • Options
    @Shaunie she always said she wanted to either do something in catering or be a dietitian, but she didn't get the highers/qualifications to be able to become a dietitian so settled for nursing instead.

• Options
    @independent_
    I work in education! I've been back sorting out rooms and getting everything ready and doing training haha education is a brilliant pathway!
  • Options
    @independent_ my sister is a teacher at my school aha. shes just had to go start going back into school to begin to prep for student etc. also shes a textiles teacher so shes been delivering supplies and stuff to her student houses for them to be able to do their work!

• Options
    Aidan said:
    I'm usually just going to bed right now but I have to be up early tomorrow so in my logic there's no rush to go to bed cos I won't have enough sleep either way :joy:

I've got nowt on for the rest of the day so I'll probably just nap it out lol
    The logic! What you doing tomorrow? 
  • Options
    I wanna be a mental health peer support worker when im older!
  • Options
    @GreenTea oooooh! That's cool, my mum was telling me that she cleared out 3 rooms yesterday! That was their first day back and apparently it looked exactly the same (if not more messy) as when they left it before lockdown aha. 

My internet is really, really not working :( lol 
    “Sometimes the people around you won’t understand your journey. They don’t need to, it’s not for them.”
  • Options
    I've been in for the past 5 weeks painting the building, clearing out rooms and cupboards, getting classes ready etc. We kinda knew schools were closing so we kinda prepared the building for it and then come back and just managed to crack on fully. It's actually nice to have the time to be really ready for September haha 
  • Options
    @Starlight oooh, are you ever in her class?

My mum used to be an architect, she took a career break and then went into education, she now wants to be a design and technology teacher so that'll be cool :) 
  • Options
    No i dont take textiles for alevel @independent_ , But in year 10 when she was doing her teachers training placements she had my class, it was so weird although i did get free lifts to school for 2 years cos she still lived with me aha

• Options
    edited June 2020
    Since lockdown and put whole new laminate plank flooring down!!  I felt like a decorator tbh 😂. It took me three whole days. Its harder than it sounds. Tbh i did buy all tbe stuff durning the lock down but yeah gotta keep myself occuptied. Did a decent job if dont say so myself  its harder than looks  the planks was so hard yo get together properly. There is soo much to it than it looks!

• Options
    @shaunie you did a great job! looks so cozy 
  • Options
    Thank you @Liam !!
  • Options
    So tempted to go for a run..
  • Options
    Aidan said:
    Shaunie said:
    Aidan said:
    I'm usually just going to bed right now but I have to be up early tomorrow so in my logic there's no rush to go to bed cos I won't have enough sleep either way :joy:

I've got nowt on for the rest of the day so I'll probably just nap it out lol
    The logic! What you doing tomorrow? 

Just shopping lol but to hitch a ride with the taxi mam I need to get up early :joy:
    Ohh lol getting anything nice? 
  • Options
    at this time @GreenTea? Bit late isnt it? aha

• Options
    Aidan said:
    I used to love a late night walk, but it was quite scary that time a goose attacked me at 2am haha
    HAHAHA omg did you run?
  • Options
    You know when you just feel like you need to run..and run..and run? Yh I got that lol
  • Options
    GreenTea said:
    So tempted to go for a run..
    That actually  sounds tempting!  I love waking late at night. Its so peaceful and the air is so clear and feels so nice. Not thought about runing tho. would feel rrefreashing.