Home General Chat
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨
Options

General chit chat

Comments

• Options
    LaineLaine Deactivated Posts: 2,762 Boards Guru
    Got to be up at 9;15 for my lesson but i just type i'm here and go back to bed haha

🌈Positive thoughts🌈

"This is my family. I found it, all on my own.
    It's little, and Broken, but still good. Yeah. Still good." ~ Stitch

"Lately, I've been struggling with all the simple things in my life" ~ Cian Ducrot

"I don't know if it's because my heart hurts or I'm insecure" ~ Juice Wrld
  • Options
    independent_independent_ Community Champion Posts: 8,664 Legendary Poster
    @Liam what does your dad do?
    “Sometimes the people around you won’t understand your journey. They don’t need to, it’s not for them.”
  • Options
    StarlightStarlight Posts: 1,436 Wise Owl
    Shaunie said:
    GreenTea said:
    Got to be a multiple tasker when I'm this popular ;)
    Having the same problem lol
    Imagine being popular ahaha
    “I got you, moonlight, you're my starlight
    I need you all night, come on, dance with me”

* Shine like the star you are! *
  • Options
    SienaSiena Posts: 15,548 Skive's The Limit
    Omg
    “And when they look at you, they won't see everything you've been through. They won't see the **** that turned to scars that began to fade with time. They won't see the heartbreaking things that shook up and changed your entire world. They won't know how many tears you cried or even what it was you were crying about. They won't see how strong you had to be because you had no other choice. What they will see though is how compassionate you are because you experienced pain. What they will see is how kind you are because you experienced how cruel the world is. What they will see is how good you are because you've seen how bad things or people can be. The difference between you and your experiences are who you choose to be, despite everything that could have turned you cold and unkind.You are the good the world needs and the best of us.” ~ Kirsten Corley
  • Options
    GreenTeaGreenTea Posts: 12,938 Born on Earth, Raised by The Mix
    Currently got a WhatsApp group that's talking... Sex.. a discord group going on about food..a discord group going on about random shit, a few PM's going here, 😂😂 not to mention social media interactions!! Anyone wanna swap lol
  • Options
    Past UserPast User Posts: 1,997 Extreme Poster
    edited June 2020
    @Liam what does your dad do?
    He's a housing landlord but one of the tenants smashed and destroyed one of his houses in December so he's re decorating it all back up to rent back out. Mams been moaning at him to do it for ages loll. He's an electrician too :) 
  • Options
    Oh damn @Liam why do people do that :/ I'm sorry the tenants did that
  • Options
    @GreenTea woah!! None of my groups are talking about anything. I could talk about a couple of those subjects all day if given the chance ;) 
    “Sometimes the people around you won’t understand your journey. They don’t need to, it’s not for them.”
  • Options
    No thanks @GreenTea id love to help you out if i could aha but im fine being a little loner aha

• Options
    @greentea Idk some people are just unkind. They hadn't paid rent in 6 months so dad had no choice but to move them on so they smashed it all up and left lol. 
  • Options
    Shaunie said:
    Omg
    Sorry that was a test. My other message didnt get sent cause said "waiting to be approved" shat myself and thought i was put on apporval again ha shit. Had a mini heart attack
    “And when they look at you, they won't see everything you've been through. They won't see the **** that turned to scars that began to fade with time. They won't see the heartbreaking things that shook up and changed your entire world. They won't know how many tears you cried or even what it was you were crying about. They won't see how strong you had to be because you had no other choice. What they will see though is how compassionate you are because you experienced pain. What they will see is how kind you are because you experienced how cruel the world is. What they will see is how good you are because you've seen how bad things or people can be. The difference between you and your experiences are who you choose to be, despite everything that could have turned you cold and unkind.You are the good the world needs and the best of us.” ~ Kirsten Corley
  • Options
    😂😂😂 it's just constant lol hit the evening and nothing stops for hours! @Starlight @independent_

• Options
    @Liam
    What utter dicks.
  • Options
    Aww bless @GreenTea

• Options
    @Liam oh my god that's awful!! I will never understand people who do things like that they have absolutely 0 respect!! AHHHHHHHHHH!!! 

So are you helping him to decorate?
  • Options
    edited June 2020
    @independent_ yes and no...... sometimes i sit and watch loool. i just like spending the day with him he makes me laugh
  • Options
    Call it supervising @Liam that's what I do when I cant be bothered at work 😂😂

Just supervising them using the staple gun incase they hurt themselves hahahahha
  • Options
    @Liam my dad is a mechanic, he's furloughed at the moment though. He cannot wait to retire he hates it! Mine can be funny sometimes too when he wants ahaha.
  • Options
    supervising is the perfect excuse!!! 
  • Options
    edited June 2020
    @GreenTea haha. supervising and reporting back to mam his every move.  =)

@independent_ aww :( i think dad really enjoys his jobs. He doesn't have to do the electrician work because the houses pay the bills and stuff but he does it anyway. Mam doesnt have to work but she enjoys what she does too. Im glad they have jobs they enjoy. I dont think they enjoy being landlords though because we never know who to trust. They are really fair with rent and no pet deposits but people take advantage.
  • Options
    @Liam yeah I bet that's horrible when people take advantage, I've never really thought of it like that. 

It's great that your parents enjoy it though. My dad only has another year or so before he can retire and he keeps saying that the longer we're in lockdown and he's furloughed, the less time he'll have to spend in work before he can retire ;) 
  • Options
    lol! good thinking
  • Options
    Ha there are some positives from lockdown then!
  • Options
    He says he'll get a part-time job once he's retired but I personally think he'll start enjoying that like he is this and won't want to after a while. I don't blame him aha.
  • Options
    My grandparents became self employed after retirement. They moved to Spain but started a small business 😂 best of both worlds
  • Options
    do you know why he doesnt like being a mechanic elle? @independent_
  • Options
    thats awesome @greentea .. well done to them :)
  • Options
    My mum and dad are both nurses. Though my dad retired a few years ago now, had a few years off and then my mum didn't like him being at home all day everyday so he got his nurse license and started doing agency work in care homes every now and then. My mum also works in a care home. 

• Options
    He says he's gonna get a part-time job after he retires but I personally reckon that he'll start enjoying that as much as he's enjoying this and he won't get one. 

I don't blame him personally. ;) 
  • Options
    my mam works in a care home too @Starlight she was a carer but shes a deputy manager now, its stressful for her but she enjoys it most of the time