Home General Chat
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨
Options

General chit chat

Comments

• Options
    StarlightStarlight Posts: 1,436 Wise Owl
    Morning @Millie2787 how are you? 
    “I got you, moonlight, you're my starlight
    I need you all night, come on, dance with me”

* Shine like the star you are! *
  • Options
    DancerDancer Community Champion Posts: 7,834 Master Poster
    Starlight said:
    Hey Kasa! Good morning! I’m not doing great but hay ho, how are you? 
    A bit shitty but feeling better than earlier. I hate periods!
    "There's a part of me I can't get back. A little girl grew up too fast. All it took was once. I'll never be the same." ~ Demi Lovato
    "The way that I have found the light in my life is through the expressive arts because I know that I will be accepted for the way I am." ~ Me
    "I'm going to get strong again and see you soon. " ~ Anonymous 
  • Options
    Millie2787Millie2787 Community Champion Posts: 5,154 Part of The Furniture
    I’ve been well and truly poked and prodded 😂
    Sometimes all you need is one person to believe in you , for you to begin to believe in yourself.
  • Options
    @Kasa2103 aww no! Yeah periods are the worst!! Hope your feeling a bit better later on <3

@Millie2787 poked and prodded? What have you been doing? :lol:

• Options
    I’ve had bloods done and my vein wasn’t playing ball 😂 also had to have an injection and ECG done 
    Sometimes all you need is one person to believe in you , for you to begin to believe in yourself.
  • Options
    Thank you. Fingers crossed that I don't leak during gymnastics later. That would be embarrassing as there are some immature boys at gymnastics and there are a few male coaches.
    "There's a part of me I can't get back. A little girl grew up too fast. All it took was once. I'll never be the same." ~ Demi Lovato
    "The way that I have found the light in my life is through the expressive arts because I know that I will be accepted for the way I am." ~ Me
  • Options
    independent_independent_ Community Champion Posts: 8,648 Legendary Poster
    @Kasa2103 if it happens and the boys are immature about it, that reflects more on them than you. I can bet you that literally every female has an embarrassing period story (I have too many to count lol). 

@Millie2787 hope that went alright <3 

@Starlight sending big hugs <3 hope you’re feeling a bit better soon. 
    “Sometimes the people around you won’t understand your journey. They don’t need to, it’s not for them.”
  • Options
    Completely agree with @independent_ on that one @Kasa2103 I have way too many embarrassing period stories especially at dancing in pink tight ahahah

ohh no @Millie2787 hope it went alright <3

thanks @independent_ I’ll be fine off to stay at my sisters with a friend tonight to bunny with whilst my sisters away the night so hopefully that’ll help 

• Options
    I just now have a sore arm and a nice bruise coming 😂
  • Options
    I can think of at least 5 stories haha, mostly from when I was younger and used to have absolutely awful periods. I used to worry about immature boys too, they are immature about it at that age but thankfully I think they realise when they’re a bit older that it’s normal. 

@Starlight aww that sounds lovely I hope you enjoy your night at your sister’s. My mum wants me to go for a walk, I told her how much worse I’ve been feeling and she’s noticed I haven’t been out since Monday haha so I’m being forced to go to the beach haha. 
    “Sometimes the people around you won’t understand your journey. They don’t need to, it’s not for them.”
  • Options
    aww @independent_ I’m sure that’ll be fun! Hopefully you’ll feel a bit better, I know a good walk at the beach always helps clear my head and just gives me loads of positive vibes aha

• Options
    I’m trying so hard not to laugh but there’s a women at my bus stop wearing a eye mask as a face mask 😅
  • Options
    @Starlight it does sometimes help me but my energy levels are so low that it doesn’t help very much aha...might find a cafe on route though.

@Millie2787 hahaha that is funny :lol: 
  • Options
    Aww that’s a bummer @independent_ I sometimes find walking gives me more energy but I don’t know I hope you can try and enjoy yourself a bit regardless, and get some fresh air 

and yeah @Millie2787 that’s hilarious :joy:

• Options
    @Starlight thank you <3 my mum said exactly the same thing about fresh air haha. We might take Theo with us and let him run around like mad with a tennis ball. He loves the beach haha.
  • Options
    I know I shouldn’t laugh because at least she’s wearing one but it’s red and because it’s folded in it looks like a massive pair of lips 😭😂😭
  • Options
    Yeah @independent_ a trip to the beach is always good, a trip to the beach with a dog is even better!! My dogs love the beach, it’s a good job we live nearby aha hope you have a good time <3

• Options
    @Millie2787 how does that work? I’m curious ahaha never need anything like it :joy:

• Options
    GreenTeaGreenTea Posts: 12,938 Born on Earth, Raised by The Mix
    Hi
  • Options
    @Starlight we’re about 6 miles away from the beach, so it’s probably a 15 minute drive by the time you get through all the 30MPH villages. Theo’s funny though because he won’t jump into the boot of the car, we have to lift him - but as soon as we get to the beach and he sees we’re at the beach he jumps out no problem :joy: 

Hey @GreenTea, how’s your day going? It’s almost the weekend!!! 
  • Options
    GreenTeaGreenTea Posts: 12,938 Born on Earth, Raised by The Mix
    Woo weekend!!
  • Options
    Ahaha @independent_ feel like that’s a lot of dogs ahaha, to be honest I highly relate :lol:

heya @GreenTea how’s your day going? 

• Options
    Some people use extreme measures to wear a mask. Haha.
  • Options
    I have an embarrassing period story to share. Once before lockdown I was at the performing arts thing that I am part of. I was on my period and I needed to change my pad. I got a pad out of my bag and I managed to hide my pad from everyone whilst I was on my way to the toilet. But without knowing it, my pad had fallen on the floor and the way and there were some boys playing around near where I dropped it. A friend told me that my pad was on the floor and I rushed to go and get it. It was so embarrassing and I cried.
  • Options
    @Starlight it’s like he doesn’t want to go then when he’s there it’s the most exciting and favourite thing ever! Haha.
  • Options
    Aww @Kasa2103 I shouldn’t have, but I laughed a little - I remember those days of hiding them. It’s almost as if young teenage boys think they’re going to be electrocuted if they so much as see a pad lol.
  • Options
    Feels so strange walking to college 
  • Options
    That’s so me @independent_ so relatable aha

@Kasa2103 i leaked on a white pair of Lycra knickers that where part of a costume in the professional panto I was going, it was during the dress run so not too bad but I had to share them with my opposite. Luckily my team were doing the show the following night so I took them home with me and hand washed them, luckily got the stain out completely and no one but the girls in my team even knew!! Phew!!

• Options
    I remember one time I was at a swimming competition and started my period unexpectedly. The stupid person that I am had left all my stuff at my auntie’s house, so I had to go round asking several different women if they had a tampon... and just typically the only woman who had one was the leader of the entire event...who was the same woman who was then presenting all the medals and certificates at the end. This was more recently than I would like to admit it was and I shouldn’t have been embarrassed but even at 17 and having them for years I was lol 
  • Options
    Aww @Kasa2103 I shouldn’t have, but I laughed a little - I remember those days of hiding them. It’s almost as if young teenage boys think they’re going to be electrocuted if they so much as see a pad lol.
    The boys were only about 6 or 7 years old but they can be very immature.