Home General Chat
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨
Options

General chit chat

Comments

• Options
    StarlightStarlight Posts: 1,436 Wise Owl
    yeah @independent_ you eventually get to the point where you’ll be sat in social room at college and then get a pad out in front of everyone and no one cares anymore ahaha and then you strut your stuff to the toilets holding the lad out for the world to see (maybe not that open but you get the point) ahaha

“I got you, moonlight, you're my starlight
    I need you all night, come on, dance with me”

* Shine like the star you are! *
  • Options
    independent_independent_ Community Champion Posts: 8,648 Legendary Poster
    @Starlight haha I know what you mean it’s just not a big deal anymore after a while. When I was at college it was a bit like that no one was embarrassed or immature about it.
    “Sometimes the people around you won’t understand your journey. They don’t need to, it’s not for them.”
  • Options
    I think the only time I’ve ever had to ask other people for supplies was at school with my best friend. I’m usually the person people come to to ask for tampons and pads aha. But now I don’t even own a single pad and I use a menstrual cup so I’m not much use to anyone, though I always have tampons in my bag for dancing/dance events to save any of the other girls if they need it aha 

• Options
    Yeah @independent_ at sixth form it even got to the point we’re the girls would complain to the boys about their periods and even drag both the pastoral and head of sixth form into the conversation ahaha 

• Options
    @Starlight yeah a few of the younger girls at swimming have asked me for supplies before. I’ve always been too scared of menstrual cups, I don’t really like tampons much and only use them when I have to so the look of those is just so scary haha. 
    “Sometimes the people around you won’t understand your journey. They don’t need to, it’s not for them.”
  • Options
    My partner didn’t know much about periods when we first got together. I said to him that honestly if he had any questions just ask me and now he’s great about it he’s always asking if I want chocolate etc it’s so sweet 
  • Options
    GreenTeaGreenTea Posts: 12,938 Born on Earth, Raised by The Mix
    Hi
  • Options
    Millie2787Millie2787 Community Champion Posts: 5,154 Part of The Furniture
    Howdy 
    Sometimes all you need is one person to believe in you , for you to begin to believe in yourself.
  • Options
    Salix_alba_2019Salix_alba_2019 Deactivated Posts: 1,646 Extreme Poster
    Hey heeeey everyone, may you all have a magical day filled with good vibes !
  • Options
    @Starlight yeah a few of the younger girls at swimming have asked me for supplies before. I’ve always been too scared of menstrual cups, I don’t really like tampons much and only use them when I have to so the look of those is just so scary haha. 
    Yeah @independent_ menstrual cups scared me loads when I started using them but I hated tampons and they made me really anxious about TSS because I’ve heard so many horror stories, also I used to bleed through them and they were uncomfortable aswell so I persisted and tried a cup and I haven’t looked back, it’s great for dancing and also saves me so much money ahaha

• Options
    It's the weekend!
  • Options
    @Starlight same here! I stopped using tampons a years ago after realising that they not only made my cramps worse for they weren't the best of choices out there. May I ask which brand of menstrual Cup you've gone for?

I swear I I think I've synced with so many people lol 
  • Options
    Headache again.
    Swear something is wrong with my brain physically
  • Options
    I’m trying so hard not to laugh but there’s a women at my bus stop wearing a eye mask as a face mask 😅
    LOOOOOOL
  • Options
    @Starlight missed your message. I'm okish thank you. Just having a rough time currently so working through it all kinda..

How are you doing? Not spoken to you in ages
  • Options
    DandelionDandelion Posts: 1,911 Extreme Poster
    Hey guys 
    The steps you take don’t need to be big, they just need to take you in the right direction. 
  • Options
    @Salix_alba_2019 I’ve been using a mooncup it’s just what was available at my local boots and it works great for me

@GreenTea don’t worry, glad your kinda okay, hope your feeling a bit better soon. Got some really horrible news yesterday (won’t go into details on here) and it’s brought back a lot of negative unwanted thoughts that I had been free from having for about a month. I’m getting through it but I just hope it doesn’t get as bad it was a few months ago 

• Options
    Sending hugs @Starlight

Hey @Dandelion how are you?

Went to Asda. Left with citfee
  • Options
    Thanks @GreenTea have you got any plans for the weekend? 

• Options
    Just chill, seeing friends.

You got anything planned?
  • Options
    DandelionDandelion Posts: 1,911 Extreme Poster
    GreenTea said:
    Sending hugs Starlight

Hey @Dandelion how are you?

Went to Asda. Left with citfee
    I’m good thanks, getting ready to start work again 🙃. How are you? X
    The steps you take don’t need to be big, they just need to take you in the right direction. 
  • Options
    Millie2787Millie2787 Community Champion Posts: 5,154 Part of The Furniture
    I lol had 7 tubes of my precious blood taken from me today 😂
    Sometimes all you need is one person to believe in you , for you to begin to believe in yourself.
  • Options
    *pats head* I hope you got a sticker for being brave ;)
  • Options
    Come home to no water? Brilliant
  • Options
    DancerDancer Community Champion Posts: 7,834 Master Poster
    *pats head* I hope you got a sticker for being brave ;)
    Haha. I had a blood test when I was 9 and I got a sticker for being brave. :) I wonder if you got one as well.
    "There's a part of me I can't get back. A little girl grew up too fast. All it took was once. I'll never be the same." ~ Demi Lovato
    "The way that I have found the light in my life is through the expressive arts because I know that I will be accepted for the way I am." ~ Me
    "I'm going to get strong again and see you soon. " ~ Anonymous 
  • Options
    @Starlight ooh that’s interesting, I guess the thought is maybe more scary than actually using one? I’m the same with tampons they’re not comfortable and I hate them so only use them when I absolutely have to.

@GreenTea no water? That’s not good, hope that’s fixed soon. 

@Dandelion how did the night shift go?
  • Options
    edited September 2020
    Ooh meant to say... we never made it to the beach @Starlight, we decided not to take the dog in the end, changed our minds about the beach on the way down there and didn’t get past the cafe. We ended up just going round the shops for a bit After having cakes lol 
  • Options
    My garden is a funny coloue
  • Options
    Ooh meant to say... we never made it to the beach @Starlight, we decided not to take the dog in the end, changed our minds about the beach on the way down there and didn’t get past the cafe. We ended up just going round the shops for a bit After having cakes lol 
    Still sounds good @independent_ how was it in the end? 

• Options
    I really want to go inter railing