Home General Chat
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨
Aged 16-25? Share your experience of using the discussion boards and receive a £25 voucher! Take part via text-chat, video or phone. Click here to find out more and to take part.
Options

General chit chat

Comments

• Options
    SienaSiena Posts: 15,565 Skive's The Limit
    Laine said:
    I feel like my name's waay too common! 

Well me real name i mean 😂
    I like your name!
    “And when they look at you, they won't see everything you've been through. They won't see the **** that turned to scars that began to fade with time. They won't see the heartbreaking things that shook up and changed your entire world. They won't know how many tears you cried or even what it was you were crying about. They won't see how strong you had to be because you had no other choice. What they will see though is how compassionate you are because you experienced pain. What they will see is how kind you are because you experienced how cruel the world is. What they will see is how good you are because you've seen how bad things or people can be. The difference between you and your experiences are who you choose to be, despite everything that could have turned you cold and unkind.You are the good the world needs and the best of us.” ~ Kirsten Corley
  • Options
    Past UserPast User Posts: 1,997 Extreme Poster
    i love the name @Laine i also like your real name
  • Options
    GreenTeaGreenTea Posts: 12,938 Born on Earth, Raised by The Mix
    Trying so hard not to cry lol

@Aidan yh pet names are hard because you don't want to sound like a dick when calling the animal. People proper judge you by pet names too lol
  • Options
    LaineLaine Deactivated Posts: 2,762 Boards Guru
    Thanks @Shaunie ! Lots of people like it I just hear it so often but guess you can't beat a classic 😂

🌈Positive thoughts🌈

"This is my family. I found it, all on my own.
    It's little, and Broken, but still good. Yeah. Still good." ~ Stitch

"Lately, I've been struggling with all the simple things in my life" ~ Cian Ducrot

"I don't know if it's because my heart hurts or I'm insecure" ~ Juice Wrld
  • Options
    we're getting a cat, i wanna call it Barold :lol:
  • Options
    Laine said:
    Thanks @Shau
    nie ! Lots of people like it I just hear it so often but guess you can't beat a classic 😂

My real name common and classic too lol

• Options
    Yes @Aidan but don't want to share it here because don't want to share my name :) would also appreciate it if those who do know my name..doesn't say 😂😂 thank you
  • Options
    I have Aidan but it just meant Beloved and was quite underwhelming also I questioned it's truth 😂

🌈Positive thoughts🌈

"Lately, I've been struggling with all the simple things in my life" ~ Cian Ducrot

• Options
    edited August 2020
    Aidan said:
    Has anyone ever googled the meaning or the origin of their name?

Apparently mine comes from the Irish name Aodhán, it means 'fiery' and is apparently actually unisex! 
    I have and it’s weird. Because my name is actually shevaun/siobhan. My nick name being Shaunie. Which is completely different name all together. But they all still mean the same thing of “ God is gracious”
    “And when they look at you, they won't see everything you've been through. They won't see the **** that turned to scars that began to fade with time. They won't see the heartbreaking things that shook up and changed your entire world. They won't know how many tears you cried or even what it was you were crying about. They won't see how strong you had to be because you had no other choice. What they will see though is how compassionate you are because you experienced pain. What they will see is how kind you are because you experienced how cruel the world is. What they will see is how good you are because you've seen how bad things or people can be. The difference between you and your experiences are who you choose to be, despite everything that could have turned you cold and unkind.You are the good the world needs and the best of us.” ~ Kirsten Corley
  • Options
    Aidan said:
    No problem! As far as I'm concerned your name means a tea-leaf based beverage that happens to be green ;)

Yes. That works 😂😂 wish I could change it r coffee head or something
  • Options
    _Tech_Addict_Girl_Tech_Addict_Girl Posts: 1,489 Wise Owl
    @Liam
    @Aidan
    @Shaunie
    i'm awake lol
  • Options
    Liam is a shortened version of the popular Germanic name william, which dates all the way back to the Norman conquest of England in 1066 and means "helmet of will" or "guardian". It also comes from Irish name Ulliam. It is a more modern take on the classic name, and has only recently been widely used beginning in the 1980's in the UK. 
  • Options
    I'm in so much pain and my anxiety is so high I'm literally in bed crying and unable to move
  • Options
    Tell me how Liam gets a storyline and I'm just beloved 😂

🌈Positive thoughts🌈

• Options
    edited August 2020
    Do you think my nick name sounds funny? (Shaunie) Only friends and family call me it. But my sister said can you imagine you manager calling you Shaunie. Like it’s a funny name lol
  • Options
    Waiting for my crying to wake up mum and her to walk in and be like "wtf is wrong with you"
  • Options
    yeah but william :lol:
  • Options
    i cannae dis it its basically like a first name t o me :lol:
  • Options
    edited August 2020
    Aidan said:
    Ay don't diss William, it's almost like a middle name to me :lol:
    It’s almost like a last name to me lol
  • Options
    Ahh your name is older than mine Liam!! Mine dates back to 1500s
  • Options
    You all have pretty common names tbf lol
  • Options
    Aidan said:
    Sending hugs @GreenTea :heart: no shame in crying at all

There is. Means I'm weak and stupid and it's no wonder Everyone hates me lol
  • Options
    Ahh @GreenTea ! To be fair, i had a different name before Liam but was legally changed when adopted. I dunno what my other name was, probs cooler than Liam :lol:
  • Options
    edited August 2020
    Aidan said:
    I think it sounds normal @Shaunie but maybe that's cos I've only even known you as Shaunie? :lol:
    Ahah I guess so. I’m always scared that when newbies read my name they think I’m a boy😂i don’t know why lol. It’s the Shaun that’s in it ahah
  • Options
    Liam said:
    Ahh @GreenTea ! To be fair, i had a different name before Liam but was legally changed when adopted. I dunno what my other name was, probs cooler than Liam :lol:

Ahhh fair enough! Did you choose the name or did parent?
  • Options
    Are you all ignnoring me now:[
  • Options
    ignoring 
  • Options
    Emoji246 said:
    Are you all ignnoring me now:[
    No sorry haven’t seen you comment for awhile
  • Options
    my parents chose @GreenTea :smiley:

Not ignoring you @Emoji246 <3
  • Options
    Liam said:
    my parents chose @GreenTea :smiley:

Not ignoring you @Emoji26 <3

Ahhh cool. Fair enough. I know some kids get to choose a name if old enough