Home General Chat
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨
Options

General chit chat

Comments

• Options
    independent_independent_ Community Champion Posts: 8,648 Legendary Poster
    @Liam with Samaritans it really depends who you speak to, I've spoken to some really, really, really lovely people there. I don't have the accent issue lol. And for your age group there's always ChildLine too. 
    “Sometimes the people around you won’t understand your journey. They don’t need to, it’s not for them.”
  • Options
    Past UserPast User Posts: 1,997 Extreme Poster
    edited July 2020
    @independent_ Ohhh never heard of that ! To be fair I’m usually in a mint mood and if I’m not 90% of the time I can easily cheer myself back up but yk... the guy at Samaritans cheered me up without us having an actual conversation like just the crunching and the “sorry can you repeat that” 🤣

nah, not childline 😆😆😆 I’m happy with the mix it’s grand😝 

the fella at Samaritans was great like I’m not complaining it was just unusual lol
  • Options
    GreenTeaGreenTea Posts: 12,938 Born on Earth, Raised by The Mix
    Would it be weird to give out birthday cake to the those on the street?
    We can't eat all thus
  • Options
    LaineLaine Deactivated Posts: 2,762 Boards Guru
    Ah yeah i've heard about breathing space! 

Aw no Liam it reminds me of the scottish woman trying to talk to alexa tho haha

🌈Positive thoughts🌈

"This is my family. I found it, all on my own.
    It's little, and Broken, but still good. Yeah. Still good." ~ Stitch

"Lately, I've been struggling with all the simple things in my life" ~ Cian Ducrot

"I don't know if it's because my heart hurts or I'm insecure" ~ Juice Wrld
  • Options
    @Liam yeah here is really great!! I was a member of the ChildLine website for a lot of years but now that I'm older I find The Mix is better suited now than it was then. Although I've been here a long time, I didn't used to use the boards much only chat. Aha I bet that call with samaritans cheered you up!!

@GreenTea cake is always appreciated anywhere!!
    “Sometimes the people around you won’t understand your journey. They don’t need to, it’s not for them.”
  • Options
    Cake is good that's ehy
  • Options
    I think breathing space is part of the NHS, so it saves you calling like 111 or something 
  • Options
    I wish kooth was available here. I’ve heard good things about it. 
  • Options
    @Liam same, I've heard a lot of people saying it's really good. I don't really know how it all works but all I know it's not available here which is a shame 
  • Options
    It's a shame kooth and services like that are very location limited
  • Options
    That could be a nice idea cake will give them sugar and energy :) 

Kooth is good its available here the people are very lovely always found childline a bit just cold haha 

I miss childline its one less space i can support :joy:

🌈Positive thoughts🌈

"Lately, I've been struggling with all the simple things in my life" ~ Cian Ducrot

• Options
    I use to use the childline website and 1-2-1 chat lol
  • Options
    @Laine I used to like supporting people on their message boards. I remember seeing posts from you on there, you're always so supportive it's amazing <3 
  • Options
    Childline has a message boards??😳😳
  • Options
    That may  be where the username independent came from aha. In fact ChildLine is how I heard about The Mix, and look where I am now :) 
  • Options
    Yh it was like the mix but for kids lol 
  • Options
  • Options
    Aw thanks @independent_ interestingly it was through supporting that i explored my mental health more i've always loved helping i want everyone to feel safe and happy and over time i was like okay maybe not everyone plays out unlikely scenarios in case they happen :joy:

🌈Positive thoughts🌈

• Options
    @Laine yeah that makes sense I love supporting people too in some ways it helps me it makes me feel like I'm doing something good for someone else. 
  • Options
    Just had a quick read though. Didn’t know that they had a message boards! That’s cool 
  • Options
    @Liam it took me forever to figure out how to use the message boards because it was the first forum of this kind I'd ever used. ChildLine used to look a bit different as they had an older version of their website which a lot of users on there now won't remember. They launched a new version a few years ago and I remember the day it launched like it was yesterday. I was one of the main contributors at the time. 
  • Options
    I think tonight’s the first time I’ve ever been on the website @independent_ ... you can definitely see it’s target audience 😅 it looks good. Not something I’d use though. It look like more of a support forum whereas the boards on the mix feels like it’s for anything
  • Options
    How come you stopped using It if you don’t mind me asking ?
  • Options
    @Liam yeah definitely I agree I haven't been on there for a good while now. Yeah I really like the more general threads on here (this one, the ones in the positive corner, etc) they're such good fun and great for distraction!! 
  • Options
    I still go on occasionally to support others, but just use it less now as I feel as I've got older other services (especially The Mix) work much better for me.
  • Options
    For me personally I liked supporting people but it was so hard to follow Everything messages get reviewed before posting. A lot of things can make this denied like signposting other places, even asking someone if they took a walk down the beach 😂

I get all of it for the safety but it was certainly hard to follow and a big difference transitioning here 😂

🌈Positive thoughts🌈

• Options
    If it weren’t for lockdown and being bored and lonely I’d have probably not used the mix either but I’m glad I did 😆 
  • Options
    Yeah it was quite easy to slip up and have a message denied @Laine, the one thing that caught me out several times was mentioning things to do with the law, especially in the sexual health board. 

@Liam ahaha yeah I'm glad you found us here!!! I can't remember the exact reason why I joined here now - mostly curiosity because I'd heard of it elsewhere and wanted to know what it was aha.
  • Options
    Me too, you guys are so special ❤️

Goodnight 😁😁
  • Options
    Good night Liam sleep well! 💜
    Thanks for making GC's great 😂 

🌈Positive thoughts🌈