Home General Chat
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨
Options

General chit chat

Comments

• Options
    GreenTeaGreenTea Posts: 12,938 Born on Earth, Raised by The Mix
    Honestly I think so many people were poorly with it before it became official
  • Options
    independent_independent_ Community Champion Posts: 8,650 Legendary Poster
    I know a lady who had to take 6 weeks off work due to a flu like illness around then as well. It’s an interesting question which I will forever wonder about.
    “Sometimes the people around you won’t understand your journey. They don’t need to, it’s not for them.”
  • Options
    I really hoping I get asked to do an antibody test tbh. I really want to know because I had tests done and they literally couldn't figure out what was wrong with my lungs lol
  • Options
    @GreenTea hopefully you can get one done, I don’t know much about those tests.
    “Sometimes the people around you won’t understand your journey. They don’t need to, it’s not for them.”
  • Options
    @GreenTea hopefully you can get one done, I don’t know much about those tests.

It's literally a blood prick test to see if you have the antibodies of covid or not
  • Options
    SienaSiena Posts: 15,534 Skive's The Limit
    Every single time I do a flat pack. Like every single time. I do it all then I realise the screws are on the outside 😭😭😭😭😭😭then I have to take it all apart 😂😂😂😂😂😂
    “And when they look at you, they won't see everything you've been through. They won't see the **** that turned to scars that began to fade with time. They won't see the heartbreaking things that shook up and changed your entire world. They won't know how many tears you cried or even what it was you were crying about. They won't see how strong you had to be because you had no other choice. What they will see though is how compassionate you are because you experienced pain. What they will see is how kind you are because you experienced how cruel the world is. What they will see is how good you are because you've seen how bad things or people can be. The difference between you and your experiences are who you choose to be, despite everything that could have turned you cold and unkind.You are the good the world needs and the best of us.” ~ Kirsten Corley
  • Options
    Leaving it til tomorrow now. Too much 😭😂😂

“And when they look at you, they won't see everything you've been through. They won't see the **** that turned to scars that began to fade with time. They won't see the heartbreaking things that shook up and changed your entire world. They won't know how many tears you cried or even what it was you were crying about. They won't see how strong you had to be because you had no other choice. What they will see though is how compassionate you are because you experienced pain. What they will see is how kind you are because you experienced how cruel the world is. What they will see is how good you are because you've seen how bad things or people can be. The difference between you and your experiences are who you choose to be, despite everything that could have turned you cold and unkind.You are the good the world needs and the best of us.” ~ Kirsten Corley
  • Options
    @independent_
    Hope your haircut is going ok 💕
  • Options
    Millie2787Millie2787 Community Champion Posts: 5,155 Part of The Furniture
    It tested for Short lasting antibodies- so you’ve had it recently or the long lasting ones but it seems I had neither 🤷🏼‍♀️

@GreenTea I had a letter through the post a few weeks back and the test kit came today 
    Sometimes all you need is one person to believe in you , for you to begin to believe in yourself.
  • Options
    edited July 2020
    It tested for Short lasting antibodies- so you’ve had it recently or the long lasting ones but it seems I had neither 🤷🏼‍♀️

@GreenTea I had a letter through the post a few weeks back and the test kit came today 

Ahh cool. I keep getting letters about smear test which need to book. That's about it. I know you can pay for antibodies test on NHS but
    It costs so much money for it
  • Options
    Millie2787Millie2787 Community Champion Posts: 5,155 Part of The Furniture
    edited July 2020
    I found it strange how it was only me who got it when I would of thought mum would of been asked to aswell but who knows how they allocate it 😅

you bassically popped a drop of blood into this slide added some of the buffer liquid and then wait 10 minutes and depending on what lines show depending on the results 

I think there’s the blood test nhs one too but yeah @GreenTea I’ve seen ones on like Superdrug’s etc that are like £60
    Sometimes all you need is one person to believe in you , for you to begin to believe in yourself.
  • Options
    It's all picked at random. There's the actual covid test and the anti bodies test.. I know a few people picked to do the covid test randomly. 

• Options
    Anyone got an advice etc about anxiety? I posted a thread in health and wellbeing. If anyone can help/ advice etc. I'd really appreciate it. Don't want to drag it through here as I try to keep here positive.
    Kinda desperate with my anxiety though. 
  • Options
    DandelionDandelion Posts: 1,911 Extreme Poster
    I got the chicken out of the freezer before I went to bed yesterday I asked my mum to put it in the fridge this morning but she forgot, so it’s been out all night and day, that’s not safe to eat right. She wants me too but I don’t want to. 
    The steps you take don’t need to be big, they just need to take you in the right direction. 
  • Options
    Dandelion said:
    I got the chicken out of the freezer before I went to bed yesterday I asked my mum to put it in the fridge this morning but she forgot, so it’s been out all night and day, that’s not safe to eat right. She wants me too but I don’t want to. 

Ehh I personally wouldn't eat it as it would of been at room temperature for a while
  • Options
    Yeah and it’s a hot day today. Ugh my mums so going to yell at me for not eating it now 🙃🙃
    The steps you take don’t need to be big, they just need to take you in the right direction. 
  • Options
    Dandelion said:
    Yeah and it’s a hot day today. Ugh my mums so going to yell at me for not eating it now 🙃🙃

I'm sorry :( 
    Are you able to eat anything else?
  • Options
    Aww thank you @GreenTea yeah it went really well actually it was only me, my mum and another lady in the salon so it was really quiet and we had a nice chat with the hairdresser which put me at ease a lot :)
  • Options
    Aww thank you @GreenTea yeah it went really well actually it was only me, my mum and another lady in the salon so it was really quiet and we had a nice chat with the hairdresser which put me at ease a lot :)

Brilliant to hear! Does your head feel light now? Lol
  • Options
    @GreenTea it does ahahaha it feels sooo goood!! I can’t believe I used to love having long hair (it used to be half way down my back when I was about 14) it feels so much better now that it’s shorter again lol
  • Options
    GreenTea said:
    Dandelion said:

Yeah it’s fine I’ll make something else x
  • Options
    @GreenTea it does ahahaha it feels sooo goood!! I can’t believe I used to love having long hair (it used to be half way down my back when I was about 14) it feels so much better now that it’s shorter again lol

Woooo glad you feel good! 
    Got much planned this evening?
  • Options
    Dandelion said:
    GreenTea said:
    Dandelion said:

Yeah it’s fine I’ll make something else x
    Oh no. Poor chicken.  Maybe don’t eat it just to be on safe side! Sometimes if I eat something I was scared of eating I feel bit sick and I think that’s just in my head because I’m scared it will make me sick😂not worth it. 
  • Options
    GreenTea it does ahahaha it feels sooo goood!! I can’t believe I used to love having long hair (it used to be half way down my back when I was about 14) it feels so much better now that it’s shorter again lol
    I love the freash feeling of a hair cut!!!
  • Options
    I'm so pissed off lol colouring in my "fuckface" page in my colouring book.
    Rage colouring

• Options
    I used to have really long hair. But glad I cut it 😂 made my face look longer 
  • Options
    @Dandelion got any plans this evening?
  • Options
    @GreenTea nothing planned really probably just gonna go to group chat and maybe watch some episodes of that paramedic lifesaver programme on All 4. How about yourself?
  • Options
    @Shaunie I got mine cut shorter in stages lol, got a bit cut off about 3 years ago and then went a lot shorter last year just after I left school. For me having long curly hair made it difficult to deal with and got frizzy really easily. At the same time as cutting it shorter I also stopped constantly straightening it which helped a lot.
  • Options
    I have a video call with a friend and I'll probably just chill after!