Home General Chat
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨
Options

General chit chat

Comments

• Options
    SienaSiena Posts: 15,534 Skive's The Limit
    My friend is tiktok famous with 20k followers😅
    “And when they look at you, they won't see everything you've been through. They won't see the **** that turned to scars that began to fade with time. They won't see the heartbreaking things that shook up and changed your entire world. They won't know how many tears you cried or even what it was you were crying about. They won't see how strong you had to be because you had no other choice. What they will see though is how compassionate you are because you experienced pain. What they will see is how kind you are because you experienced how cruel the world is. What they will see is how good you are because you've seen how bad things or people can be. The difference between you and your experiences are who you choose to be, despite everything that could have turned you cold and unkind.You are the good the world needs and the best of us.” ~ Kirsten Corley
  • Options
    GreenTeaGreenTea Posts: 12,938 Born on Earth, Raised by The Mix
    @GreenTea I’m glad you’re doing alright. It is quite warm yeah tomorrow is to be 26C up here which is absolutely boiling. It’ll probably be warmer down where you are - I hate hot weather!!

I’m not doing much just now got my hair appointment at 4.30. How about you?

Did you ring them?
    My plans were cancelled because I didn't want to get up this morning lol just having a chill day because I want alone time
  • Options
    I need coffee lol
  • Options
    McDonald’s are going to do a 50% off
    “And when they look at you, they won't see everything you've been through. They won't see the **** that turned to scars that began to fade with time. They won't see the heartbreaking things that shook up and changed your entire world. They won't know how many tears you cried or even what it was you were crying about. They won't see how strong you had to be because you had no other choice. What they will see though is how compassionate you are because you experienced pain. What they will see is how kind you are because you experienced how cruel the world is. What they will see is how good you are because you've seen how bad things or people can be. The difference between you and your experiences are who you choose to be, despite everything that could have turned you cold and unkind.You are the good the world needs and the best of us.” ~ Kirsten Corley
  • Options
    Shaunie said:
    McDonald’s are going to do a 50% off

So is every other fast food place.
  • Options
    It's part of a government scheme
  • Options
    independent_independent_ Community Champion Posts: 8,649 Legendary Poster
    @GreenTea I haven’t rang them feeling a bit better about it today. Alone time is nice sometimes :) 

Coffee is great!!!! I’ve had 3 cups already today :joy: I love coffeeeee
    “Sometimes the people around you won’t understand your journey. They don’t need to, it’s not for them.”
  • Options
    Ooooh
  • Options
    @GreenTea I haven’t rang them feeling a bit better about it today. Alone time is nice sometimes :) 

Coffee is great!!!! I’ve had 3 cups already today :joy: I love coffeeeee
    I need to get milk lol or just order costa
  • Options
    Millie2787Millie2787 Community Champion Posts: 5,155 Part of The Furniture
    edited July 2020
    Goood afternoon (well morning I’ve just dragged myself out of bed ) 

Sat watching paramedics Britain’s life savers and this episode is all about care homes and it’s breaking my heart we was so lucky to keep it out of our work but I know so many near by weren’t so lucky 
    Sometimes all you need is one person to believe in you , for you to begin to believe in yourself.
  • Options
    Jesus Mary Joseph it’s too warm 🤣
    Sometimes all you need is one person to believe in you , for you to begin to believe in yourself.
  • Options
    Jesus Mary Joseph it’s too warm 🤣

25 degrees round us today lol
  • Options
    Past UserPast User Posts: 1,997 Extreme Poster
    It’s freezing and raining here 😆 the joys of Scotland 
  • Options
    ughhhhh and it’s highs of 31 tomorrow 
  • Options
    ughhhhh and it’s highs of 31 tomorrow 

*Runs away*
  • Options
    I’m too hot already, it’s not very warm here but im always too warm regardless aha 
    “Sometimes the people around you won’t understand your journey. They don’t need to, it’s not for them.”
  • Options
    Honestly I’m not designed for the hot weather 
  • Options
    It's just gone up to 27 degrees lol
  • Options
    It’s absolutely pissing down with rain here now ahaha
  • Options
    Lol my friend in Scotland just said the same thing 😂 she says it's cold and rainy
  • Options
    edited July 2020
    Ughhhhh so glad I kept both my windows open when tidying earlier so my soon should stay nice and cool 

but positive news just done a covid home antibody test as I was asked to do it for some reaserch Imperial college London and NHS are doing and it seems I’ve not had it as of yet whoop 
  • Options
    I really want to do an antibody test
  • Options
    @GreenTea yeah it’s definitely very rainy ;) it’s really warm in my house but guessing maybe cold outside lol. Guess I’ll find out when I leave for my appointment.

@Millie2787 yayy that’s good news :) 
  • Options
    Hope you enjoy your hair appointment
  • Options
    I do wonder if a lot of people have already had Covid and not realised it/thought it was something else, I reckon it was circulating long before the first cases were official.
  • Options
    I do wonder if a lot of people have already had Covid and not realised it/thought it was something else, I reckon it was circulating long before the first cases were official.

Same. I do question it. I was so so poorly in January/ February
  • Options
    @GreenTea thank you <3 I’m excited now actually, my hair is not coping with being so long lol. My mum is getting her’s done too, she’s been counting down the hours because her’s is the longest it’s been for decades and she hates it lol.
  • Options
    I was too, in December I was really ill with those exact Covid symptoms I guess we’ll never know.
  • Options
    I was too, in December I was really ill with those exact Covid symptoms I guess we’ll never know.

Sameeee and then I ended up with pneumonia 🤷🏼‍♀️
  • Options
    @GreenTea oh no that must have been awful :( I was quite lucky really didn’t get anything like that but it was really horrible whatever it was